Official MLB Offseason Thread

Kccitystar

You know the deal. Off-season news goes here, and I'll start off by listing some great things happening in the MLB this week that were worth noting:

Arrieta, Keuchel nab Cy Young honorsWere you guys surprised? These two dominated their leagues and Arrieta had a video-game esque second half. While Keuchel did have some cardiac-level starts on the road, there was no place like home for him.

Maddon, Bannister win Managers of the Year for Cubs/Rangers: Holy crap, Maddon won it for both leagues? That's amazing, but not as amazing as Texas' manager going from Worst to First in the AL West. Comeback stories are always fun to read about.

I've got a feeling this thread will be entertaining as we wait for pitchers and catchers to report in a few months.

nothing to argue for cy young.  nl could've easily gone to kershaw and greinke and still would've been fine.  congrats to arrieta though.  

the only thing about the voting for manager of the year was how yost was 6th in voting.  pretty underwhelming for what he's done there in KC.

3 hours ago, scottybilly said:

Wait, did he change his name? Or did the feds do a background check on him and found a fake birth certificate?

His real name is David Consuela Arias, and he's actually 48 years old.

Yes he did change his name. I don't know why but I am sure with this guy it was in some way to avoid prosecution.

And he looks 48.