MVP 2005 won't start - Windows 10

G-Dawg

I saw a thread about installing the "MVP 15" game, but I believe that is a modded version. I am trying to install the non-modded, disc version of MVP Baseball 2005. (Eventually I want to install the modded, MVP 15 version, but I think it's best to at least have the non-modded version installed on my laptop at least.) Well, I did install it, I just can't open the game. I double-click the icon and even run it as an administrator and it keeps me on the desktop screen and nothing is happening. The game won't open. I tried to do the compatibility thing to Windows 8, 7, XP, Vista, but it still won't run. I've been using a Mac for around 4 years now and I have very little knowledge on Windows computers. Last Windows computer I've used extensively has to be XP I think. (Old school!) 

This is the laptop I bought: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B011KFQASE?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00 It's brand-new, just booted it up an hour ago from when I'm typing this out.

What do I have to do to get this running? If you could list out steps like I'm a monkey with no brain, that would be better as my knowledge on what to do on this laptop is quite low! Thanks everybody!

Edited by G-Dawg