Lets talk Star Wars (possible spoilers)

raidersbball20

Overall, it was rather stupid of Disney to erase the expanded universe of the Star Wars novels, comics, and videogames in order to create their own, new expanded universe. Then they turned around and "borrowed" rather freely from the previous EU for this movie and probably movies to come. Still, I think it was a great movie, and am looking forward to what comes next. I've read different web forums with all that are whining about the movie, and its flaws, and how it compares to the OT. This movie and every Episode that came before and will afterward are meant to be chapters of one continuous story/saga. Frankly, if you complain about the flaws in one movie regarding plot, characters, etc, then you are really complaining about the overall SW saga and how it is being presented. The prequel trilogy is trashed because of how George Lucas directed and presented it, but it still told the backstory about what we know from the original trilogy. Star Wars was conceived to be a huge soap opera set in outer space, with story elements and characters influenced/borrowed heavily by various mythologies throughout history. The intent of Lucas, and now Disney isn't to have people see each film as a standalone entity, but as chapters in a story. I think Star Wars "geeks" are beginning to take themselves too seriously with their criticisms. They are refusing to allow the suspension of disbelief that is meant to happen in a sci-fi soap opera.

Saw it early Friday morning. I didn't watch any of the past 6 movies recently, so I walked into the theater with distant memories of the past two trilogies. I was blown away. I definitely can't wait for the sequel.

My only complaint is that the closing shot of the film is this helicopter pan that the entire series has *never* used, and kind of ruined the scene, sort of.

I loved the fact that the audio for this modern edition of Star Wars has been re-engineered, but that's probably because I was at a theater with quality acoustics, I guess.

The aerial shot at the end of the movie did seem out of place. However, JJ Abrams said from the beginning that there would be an emphasis on using practical effects for this movie, rather than the 80% CGI effects that Lucas used for the prequel trilogy. It was cool to see actual footage of the coast of Ireland for that scene, rather than a sound stage and a giant blue or green screen used as a backdrop.

It didn't strike me until after watching the movie Thursday night that "Hey, the movie wasn't present in THX Sound."

i thought it was fantastic.  can't get caught up in all the small things that are wrong.  trying to make a perfect movie everyone will love every detail of is impossible. just everything about his was better than the prequels.  i can't wait to see the rest of them.

i'm excited to see where they go with luke and how it trains the jedi.  they laid such a huge plot device having anakin, yoda, obi wan and qui gon turn into spirits and yet they haven't really utilized them.  that line about obi wan becoming more powerful than vader could ever imagine hasn't really come to fruition yet.  i would imagine they could go in so many different directions with it, as having yoda still train the jedi.

i liked it. it confirmed a lot ? that have wee talked about or the years and yet it still followed i thought the series lines pretty will, while leaving a few things open for the future movies. we have to remember this more closely to me at least episode 4,5,6. the series is out of order the first three are really the middle three and the middle three are the first three, and we have the first of the last three now, the way the storylines goes. if you remember them and put them together the way the storylines goes, then this one makes a lot of seance and i thought was good.and still leaves open the future.

sorry but she didnt "let herself go to hell" that combaination and is bad i agree, but a huge part of that was mental illiness and that a vary hard thing to lleave with, let alone the otyher factors. so im not sure saying that is in entirely proper thing way to say about someone with these curmstances.

Its a figure of speech, dude, and not an insult. My sister died because her being bipolar was a huge factor into it. And my invalid father is bipolar as well. They both self-medicated rather than seek proper treatment. I happen to suffer from clinical depression and a social anxiety disorder myself, but sought treatment. So im not knocking Carrie Fisher, I was using slang rather than getting into the specifics of her issues.

i wasnt taking it has in insutl, i just know saying  that as you know y have to be careful about saying it that. im not offended or anything i live everyday with my better half being metial ill and she seeks helps medically, but its still rough getting it right for her and it changes a lot on her because the meds only work so long and and have to be changed more than we'd like, plus even getting the doctor  to have on the right stuff and at the right level is hard as im sure y know