Modders Wanted- MVP NCAA Baseball

bctrackboi11

As many of the folks who have been around here for a while know, a full NCAA mod has been kicked around a few times with no real progress. Well I am proud to share what myself and Rroy0824 have been working on for the past couple of years.

What this mod has:

Teams: We have 124 of the top college baseball teams in the country replacing every single playable team in MVP 05.

Uniforms: Uniforms for every team in the mod with accurate number fonts, including alternates. (Currently about 90% done)

Equipment: Authentic aluminum bats will replace all of the wooden bats in the game.

Stadiums: While we can't get every single stadium into the game, we can get the "best of the best", as well as the many neutral sites (Stadium list to follow below)

College World Series: Both Rosenblatt Stadium and the new TD Ameritrade Park will be in the mod, and included will be a dynasty save file with the final 8 teams in the CWS.

Artwork: Thanks to Yankee4Life we have lots of hi-res photos to use for various loading and background screens.

What this mod doesn't have:

Rosters: To make the roster making process a lot faster, we imported various teams and players from the Layman Database in MVPedit and renamed the players to randomized names with randomized characteristics. Rroy0824 did lots of research to import teams with similar attributes to their real-life counterparts. The roster is 100% complete.

Portraits: To make this easier, we aren't assigning or making portraits for anyone. Everyone will have a portrait ID value of 0.

Audio: I know very little about audio. The biggest need is the replace the sound of a wooden bat with an aluminum sound. Everything else is low priority.

Stadiums: It is impossible to create a stadium for every single team, so I created a master list of stadiums and which slots they will use (again, see below). This is the biggest area left of the mod and the area we need the most help in.

Dynasty: Dynasty play is not available, but as mentioned before, you will be able to play the final rounds of the College World Series.

Where we need help:

So far, this has been a mostly two-man operation, but any help in creating artwork, logos, and most importantly stadiums would be appreciated. Screenshots of what we do have will be in subsequent posts. If you want to help mod and test things out, let us know! Thanks for reading and stay tuned for more info!

For a small tease, here are the stadium select screens I've created for some of the stadiums we have completed...

North%20Carolina_zpsi9fdq5gc.png

Texas_zpsloygq9bw.png

USC_zpsuecdxlgt.png

Tennessee_zpsnvoc8hhb.png

Big%20Ten_zpsqor2klmg.png

Michigan_zps6c8oikbd.png

MTSU_zpsbydhxp5g.png

Air%20Force_zpsd5y4c599.png

Florida_zpsdhchajs4.png

Dodgertown_zpsv0nps7np.png

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I sent you a PM, but the biggest help I need is the stadiums. Here is the list. Completed Stadiums in BOLD, In Progress in ITALICS.

The list looks overwhelming, but many of the stadiums are based on older minor league parks in the downloads section. I also have permission from SALVA to use MVP Caribe stadiums as a base if needed. If you do decide to knock one on the list out, send me a message please.

Stadium Name

Team/Event

File Name

Falcon Baseball Field

Air Force

anahday/anahnite

Goodwin Field

Cal Fullerton (day)/NCAA Regional (night)

netwday/netwnite

Fluor Field

Clemson-South Carolina Rivalry (Greenville, SC)

safeday/safenite

Clark-LeClair Stadium

East Carolina

arliday/arlinite

Baum Stadium

Arkansas/NCAA Regional

Usceday/uscenite

Camden Yards

Army-Navy Series (2006)

jacoday/jaconight

USA Stadium

Austin Peay/Memphis Neutral Site (Millington, TN)

comerday/comern

Jackie Robinson Ballpark

Bethune-Cookman

kaufday/kaufnite

All Pro Freight Stadium

MAC Championship

Metrdome

BB&T Ballpark Winston-Sale

Appalachian State

orioday/orionite

Hi Corbett Field

Arizona/NCAA Regional (night)

fenwday/fenwnite

Baggett Stadium

Cal Poly/NCAA Regional (night)

yankday/yanknite

Durham Athletic Park

Duke

tropdome

VA Memorial Stadium

MAC Championship (2009)

skydday/skydnite

Canal Park

Akron Neutral Site

bankday/banknite

Plainsman Park

Auburn

coorday/coornite

Durham Athletic Park

ACC Championship

dodgday/dodgnite

BB&T Ballpark Charlotte

Charlotte vs. NC State

petoday/petonite

Great American Ballpark

Reds Collegiate Invitational

sbcpday/sbcpnite

Phoenix Municipal Stadium

Arizona State

wrigday/wrignite

Charlotte Sports Park

Snowbird Baseball Classic

gabpday/gabpnite

Oneok Field

Big 12 Championship

minuday/minunite

Seller Field

Bowling Green

millday/millnite

Comerica Park

Clash at Comerica (Central Michigan vs. Michigan State)

pncday/pncnite

Bright House Field

AAC Championship

bushday/bushnite

Hoover Met

Alabama/SEC Championship

turnday/turnnite

Victory Field

Ball State/Indiana Neutral Site

propday/propnite

Marlins Park

FIU/Miami Neutral Site

rfksday/rfksnite

AT&T Park

Cal Baseball Classic

sheaday/sheanite

UFCU Disch-Falk Field

Texas Longhorns

a001day

Ray Fisher Stadium

Michigan Wolverines

a002day

George Steinbrenner Field

Florida Four Classic (USF/Florida/Florida State/Miami)

a003day

McKethan Stadium

Florida Gators

aa01nite

Boshamer Field

North Carolina Tar Heels

aa02nite

San Jose Municipal Stadium

San Jose State Spartans

aa03nite

Haymarket Park

Nebraska Huskers

aaa1nite

Alex Box Stadium

LSU Tigers

aaa2nite

Turner Field

Georgia-Georgia Tech Rivalry

aaa3nite

Minute Maid Park

Astros College Classic

astrdome

Safeco Field

Washington Huskies

cineday

Reckling Park

Rice Owls

clevday

Bill Davis Stadium

Ohio State Buckeyes

crosday

Cliff Hagan Stadium

Kentucky Wildcats

fencday

Dedeaux Field

USC Trojans

forbday

Dick Howser Stadium

Florida State Seminoles

grifday

Dodger Stadium

Dodgertown Classic

hiranite

Reese Smith Jr Field

Middle Tennessee Raiders

metpnite

Target Field

Big Ten Championship

olymdome

Lindsay Nelson Stadium

Tennessee Volunteers

poloday

Busch Stadium

Illinois-Missouri Rivalry

qualnite

Trustmark Park

Miss. College Series (Ole Miss/Miss. State/Southern Miss)

shibday

Jim Paterson Stadium

Louisville Cardinals

spotday

Rosenblatt Stadium

College World Series (2010)

tigrnite

TD Ameritrade Park

College World Series

veteday

• 2 weeks later...

Just my 2c, but since the number of stadiums seems daunting and stadium modders aren't around like they used to be, wouldn't releasing a "beta" of sorts (with the stadiums that are done) be advisable?  My concern would be freeze-ups with all of the modding going on.  Get the community to give feedback on any freeze-ups they are experiencing with this.

Also, I have some global ranges for rosters that I've incorporated with mine in the past if you're interested in using them.

The lack of the old stadium modders doesn't concern me.  While it is sill a lot of work, the list is not as daunting as it seams.  What we are basically asking people to help out with is picking stadiums that are similar to the college stadium and replace textures to make the stadium look close.  There is really no Oedit or Zmod or whatever involved.  While the stadiums are not perfect, they usually look pretty great.  Think of it more as modding stadiums in the 2K games.

As for a beta, not to speak for bctrackboi11, but I don't think we need one right now.  I really don't think a site wide beta would be the way to go, but maybe we could send one to a few trusted people a few weeks before release.  I would rather release a complete mod that we are happy with instead of a half done one. That is part of the reason this is taking so long, but I think it will be well worth it.

I actually would like to look at your global ranges, if you don't mind.  I am sure there is some useful stuff in there that we could use.  Thank you for offering that. 

14 hours ago, Gordo said:

Just my 2c, but since the number of stadiums seems daunting and stadium modders aren't around like they used to be, wouldn't releasing a "beta" of sorts (with the stadiums that are done) be advisable?  My concern would be freeze-ups with all of the modding going on.  Get the community to give feedback on any freeze-ups they are experiencing with this.

Also, I have some global ranges for rosters that I've incorporated with mine in the past if you're interested in using them.

So about the crashing. Most of the crashing issues are associated with the models.big file size. As we are using just generic faces, the majority of cyberfaces can be removed. After removing the cyberfaces and repacking the models.big file in my own experiments I have found that crashing occurs a lot less often. 

As for stadiums, quite a few already exist and just need minor changes. But as Roy stated, the plan is to use existing stadiums (mostly minor league parks) to make these, so it is really just an issue of some graphical edits. 

I agree with Roy though, a public Beta seems counterproductive at this time. We have spent 2 years off and on making this come together and I only see fit to release it in polished, final form. 

14 minutes ago, rroy0824 said:

Walk me through the process of what you did before the crash and maybe I can help you out.

Took one of the game's minor league stadium and replaced these files using EAGRAPH

crowd0.fsh----mm01

cram32.fsh---ads0 dug1 num1

Then I closed EAGRAPH and placed the stadium back in the STADIUM folder...

That's it...

So here is basically how I do this.  It may not be the best way and bctrackboi may even do things differently, but this works for me.  Attached are some tools that you need.  Take all of them except nfshtool.exe and put them in a folder with a copy of your stadium file.  Right click on unpack.bat, click edit, replace stadiumname.big with the stadium name file (example a001day.big), and press save.  Do the same with pack.bat. 

Now click on unpack and you should get a bunch of files.  Look for cram32.fsh and drag it into nfshtool.exe to open it.  This should give you a file with all the stadium textures, except things like sky, grass, and crowd.  Those are in other files and are done the same way.

Now find the texture you want to replace, edit it, save it, make multiple copies at different sizes by scaling the image in Photoshop, and, if needed, create a grayscale alpha the same way.  Note that the textures are 24 Bit .BMP files and the alphas are 8 Bit .BMP grayscale.  The best way to create the alpha is to use the old one and take out whatever you don't need by blacking it out.  Black will make the old textures transparent. 

Then drag the index file to nfshtool.exe, click on pack.bat and you are all set.  If you need to change something else, say the sky, then you need to added it to the pack file.  For example, if you were adding the cram32.fsh and the sky0.fsh the pack file would read: eazip +a stadiumname.big cram32.fsh sky0.fsh

This may be rushed, but I hope it is easy enough to follow.  Like I said, it may or may not be the best way to do it, but it works.  If anyone has any questions feel free to ask.

Tools.rar

19 hours ago, rroy0824 said:

Then drag the index file to nfshtool.exe

K I tried that and got this message:

NO alpha data file

Expecting 76 objects allocating 64990440 bytes of memory

Adding '0000-3.bmp'

Unsuccessful Termination

Press Enter to Exit.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I just wanted to let you know I have an accurate and complete NCAA 07 roster on the PS2. I spent a long time a few years back going through each NCAA team that the game included and rearranging the rosters to be accurate. It has as accurate of heights as I could get since the game doesn't allow you to edit heights and weights. I also updated the skin tone on every player and their faces and features, including stance and delivery. I went through and used Dylan Bradberrys rating calculator to fine tune each players ratings. The formula I used was to give every batting attribute a MLB equivalent rating. Since college pitching is pretty terrible compared to pro talent, I gave pitchers who would go on to the pros a MLB attribute, players with a minor league cieling the AAA attribute, and all other pitchers a AA attribute. For what I could find on the pitchers real stuff, I put in the game. The other pitchers got a combination of pitches based on their ERA. Most of the bad teams pitchers have a FB/CB combo. Like I said, college pitching is pretty raw, so I tried to give the advantage to the hitter as in real life. Then based on their MLB draft postition or not, I rated their career potential. I did the same with their fielding rates as well. It was a year long endeavour at least. The only thing is that these were for the 07 season. I played a season of dynasty with this roster just this past year ( I finally got around to it) and I was happy with the results. Low scoring games were rare, you had to be able to hit, and you couldn't rely on overrated pitching like the game of past. I was ASU so I had a good hitting advantage, Mike Leake was the only reliable pitcher on their roster, and he got hurt for 2 months, so it was a good challenge. 

Anyway, I don't know anything about modding, I picked up MVP05 for the PC a while back and am looking forward to firing it up for this season. I just wanted to offer you my rosters and ask if there is a way you can use them in this NCAA mod. I think it looks really cool. If you need help on rosters, I can help. I've updated MVP 05, 06, 07, NCAA 06-10, and NCAA College Hoops 2k8 for PS2 in my time. Let me know if there's anything I can offer to your great cause.