Classic 2K Rosters

WithAuthority

another update for the nite:

1) Creating the blank roster file. In progress, not completely ready to use yet. If you load this in-game now it will crash and is not playable, just the start of a "template" to use for importing.

MLB2K12 Ratings Calculator v22.xlsx

Roster1BLANKV3.ROS

this is the zipped modified lahman file.

there is a query called "MLB2k12 Output by year" that i created to use for exporting to the excel file. you have to type in the year 3 times for the time being until i fix it.

you need to run the query and export the file as a workbook. then open that up and copy it into the ratings calculator where it is says "paste here" etc.

lahman2015 MLB2K12 v2.rar

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Update:

1) Latest Blank Template Roster file. Will write some instructions/notes about this file later.

2) Global IDs, Appearance IDS, team rosters and lineups have been made blank.

3) All regular players are set as "existing create-a-players"; you can now create a head-shape and face for all players. Portraits and cyberfaces are not required.

4) I'm not sure of the number, but some of the skin-tones are set "in-stone" for slots that had real-life players. You can't change skin-tones in-game for those players; you need to use REDitorII or Ty's editor.

More to come as far as assigning players to teams, etc. etc.

Roster1BLANKV31.ROS

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, I cant believe this thread actually turned into something all this time later!

Thanks for your work Jack!

The ratings are the EASIEST aspect of a classic roster. Time  consuming, but easy. Although some kind of generator or spreadsheet definitely helps! The real obstacle to it is the total lack of retro stadium or cyberface work done for 2K baseball.

We reaalllyyy need a CF maker who would be willing to do this. I know one who is really talented, but he is busy working on another project ATM.

If we work together---we could do this :)

I'd be willing to put together the portrait packs.

Cyberface makers, we need you.

As far as stadiums go, i think once a legitimate classic roster was available, it would drum up interest from modders to get on board. So many talented people in this forum that contribute fantastic work in that department. For now, we would atleast have Wrigley, Fenway & several other stadiums that have been in existence for some time. If i'm not mistaken Polo Grounds is also selectable, or atleast it once was in previous installments

if suggestions are being taken, how how about one othese two seasons. the season that never was 94. or the season that started the playoff as we know it now. sort of. 1981

"Total Classics" style, as a mets fan I'd love to see 1986.

However, i feel like what would be most enjoyable by all, would be a hybrid. In line with the approach NBA 2K series has taken.  bdolan33 referenced this earlier, pulling a specific golden year from each franchise in one mod. Dream matchup fun for all.

Here's another update so you can see whats going on in the file.

I'm concentrating on getting the calculations for the ratings correct/fixed/accurate. Still needs a fair amount of work. The ratings are on a scale of 30-100. That might change but that's it for time being; that ratings scale seems to work for the game.

What the ratings are based on still needs refinement as well. The ratings in this file are based on basic stats. We could make another set of calculations to generate ratings on more advanced stats, but that will have to come later.

Also on the to-do list is include adjustments for calculating ratings based on major league stats, minor league stats, college, etc.

I added a worksheet in case someone wants to calculate ratings for just one player. That's a work in progress at the moment, but should be done for the next update.

The next update might be in a couple of days or so. (Work gets in the way!)

As far as the mod to start with I guess we could take a tally and go from there.

MLB2K12 Ratings Calculator v24.xlsx

i'd suggest putting a poll to vote on the first mod to be done.

list a few choices and see where it goes.

• 2 weeks later...

Update:

1) Fixed many things in the file. Mainly ratings calculations. 85% Complete/refined for basic stat calculations.

1) Even though not 100% complete, you can generate ratings for one player.

2) I have been able to import the stats into a roster file..now figuring out how to get players assigned to rosters with as little manual labor as possible.. Once I figure that out the next step is to load the roster into the game.

that good news. if where getting that close, and its figuring roster stuff, then may i suggest we do a poll of what year should be done, then you something real to try to work with and see if everything still working as far you've gotten now. a sort of alpha if you will or bata.

sounds all good.

1) Here's the latest version. The best so far. The general ratings structure is done. The only thing to do is tweak them if we think the ratings are too high or low, etc. They match closely to 2K's but could be closer I think (I'm a perfectionist). Have a few ideas.

2) Will regain focus on exporting season rosters ASAP.

MLB2K12 Ratings Generator v45.rar

Archived