Help with Roster

rockies_fan95

As I said in the chatbox, that won't work because there have been so many face changes since MVP2005 came out.  You would have to edit the roster with MVPEdit and change all the faces to generic faces ( in the range 901 - 915).  That way, you wouldn't have to worry about a missing face causing the game to crash.  Of course, all your players would have generic faces so none of them would look like the current players.  In addition, since you weren't updating the portraits, each player would have the wrong portrait (or no portrait) when he came up to bat.  

Good idea, Jim.  Also regarding the portraits, if you want to make it simplified, you can use either "1" as the portrait number globally, or you can use the team portraits I put out last year or so and assign the proper team numbers/portrait.  You wont have faces, but you won't have the wrong faces either

Ok, I know it is sounding really dumb, but I am actually really lost. Sorry if i am bothering.

For example, what do I really need to download in case I want do use the 2016 Pre Spring Training Rosters ? 

The portraits I understood, It worked fine. Now I need to get a grip on roster.

Cyberfaces are customized.  Anything out of the default faces of 901-915 aren't going to show properly as is and will actually cause your game to crash.  Therefore, assigning generic/default faces will help stabilize your game, but of course assigned these faces will take time.

Probably your better bet is to take the time and download all of the latest faces (either in face packs or in individual downloads) and install them.  Overall that would probably take less time.

Additionally, a new roster (at least from me) for MLB level rosters for opening day will be out soon enough.  I would just wait on that as it will have more accurate rosters. 

• 2 weeks later...

There are large and small packs, but since it's always growing there is never one large all encompassing pack.  I would go back to the beginning of 2013 in the cyber area and start downloading away.

Alternately, the 2015 TC mod would have the most up to date (but not necessarily always the most preferable version of any 1 given face if multiples are floating around out there) models.big file, which houses the cyberfaces.  Then you can add on to that with the faces that were UL'd since that was released.