dpeters95

First of all. thank you to all those modders that keep this game modernized every year!  I am new to these mods and this forum but I do have a question.  In MVP 2025 the first selection is, "Practice Game".  Is there a way to select a different starter and change the lineup before the game begins?  I have been looking around but can't find anything and I'm starting to think it's because you can't.  If you change players afterwards, you lose them for the rest of the game.

Anyone?

TIA

Skip the practice game.  Go into "Get In The Game" and choose "Season Prep Game" and there you can choose what you want as it is basically an exhibition game (also to be used w/ the CPU v CPU rosters). The practice game is like a quick start game.

32 minutes ago, Gordo said:

Skip the practice game.  Go into "Get In The Game" and choose "Season Prep Game" and there you can choose what you want as it is basically an exhibition game (also to be used w/ the CPU v CPU rosters). The practice game is like a quick start game.

Thanks for the info Gordo.  I saw the CPU vs CPU rosters but I don't quite understand what that means.  Is that only for games that I wouldn't want to manage?  I downloaded the 2016 "Base Up" Rosters.  I didn't quite understand that terminology either but I figured I didn't want to use CPU vs CPU and play the games  :wacko:

What's the difference?

By the way, I see you are in Lehigh Valley.  I'm up in the Wilkes Barre - Scranton, PA area...

CPU vs CPU is the computer playing against itself. All you do is sit back and watch it just like you are watching a game on TV.  You will find that Gordo's rosters are very accurate and the results are very similar to real life.

Manage only is when you are able to call the shots. Do you want to send up a pinch-hitter in the 6th inning? Or do you want to get someone warm in your bullpen because your starter is getting knocked around? In manage only you get to have this option. In CPU vs. CPU you don't.

6 minutes ago, dpeters95 said:

Yankee4Life,

Ok, that makes sense.  Then what are "Base Up" rosters?  And which should I use if I want to play against the CPU?

Thanks for your assistance :D

Base Up! Rosters are the roster name that Gordo has given to his set of rosters. If you want to use the roster to play against the CPU download this one right here. Be sure to have Mvp 15, which you download from this site too.

Goodnight now!

9 hours ago, Yankee4Life said:

Base Up! Rosters are the roster name that Gordo has given to his set of rosters. If you want to use the roster to play against the CPU download this one right here. Be sure to have Mvp 15, which you download from this site too.

Goodnight now!

Ok, thanks.  That is the roster file that I downloaded.  I just wasn't sure if I should be using it or the CPU vs CPU roster file.

Hey dp.... yes the cpu v cpu is strictlyl a set up and watch the game roster set.  I have a slider set and instructions on how to set it up that go along with it with an earlier cpu v cpu set, so check that out as well.  About the only thing that's next to impossible to come out of a cpu/cpu game with is pitch count.

2 hours ago, Gordo said:

Hey dp.... yes the cpu v cpu is strictlyl a set up and watch the game roster set.  I have a slider set and instructions on how to set it up that go along with it with an earlier cpu v cpu set, so check that out as well.  About the only thing that's next to impossible to come out of a cpu/cpu game with is pitch count.

Thank you.  I appreciate your hard work!