Mvpedit 2006.2 Installation

dpeters95

Has anyone been able to install Mvpedit 2006.2 in Windows 7, 64 bit?  If so, how?  When I try to install I get:

Unable to register C:\Windows\System32\vbjtes40.dll

I don't have a copy of that dll in the System32 folder but I do have it in SysWOW64.  So I copied it into the System32 folder but I get the same error.

TIA

53 minutes ago, Gordo said:

Right click on shortcut to program. Choose compat tab. Check "run this program in compat mode for:" and choose XP/SP3. Also check "run this prog. as an admin."

I assume you mean to "Right click on the install program and select "Properties", then compat tab, XP/SP3 and Run as Admin.  If so, I tried it but I get the same error.

1 hour ago, Gordo said:

I don't have that DLL in either of those folders.  Maybe it's hindering MVPedit.  Dunno.  Maybe temp move it from SysWOW and take it out of System32, as it wasn't there to begin with.

Well, that was strange.  I tried it and got the same error.

So, with everything back as it was to begin with, I again ran the install program.  When the error popped up, I clicked "Ignore" rather than "Abort".  Well, it looked to be installed.  I ran the program and it opened but it was empty.  I clicked, Import - Dat Files.  When the window opened, I went to the file I download, "MVP 2016 Initial Rosters (BaseUp Rosters) Ver 1.1" and clicked OK.  But the program opened a file window with the save option of save ".mbe file".  But I didn't want to save the files I wanted to open them!

DOH, I didn't realize you need to save the DAT files as a "MBE" file before it will open!!!  When I saved them to "2016 Rosters.mbe" it then populated Mvpedit!  So, It appears to be working for me although I don't get a picture in the window.  It says, "No picture found".  Do I need to set a path or something for it to find the pictures?

Edited by dpeters95

Yes...tools/options... check show players portraits and players faces.  if they have a generic cyberface, none will show.  Some players may have the correct portrait number, but if you don't have a portrait installed for that player, it will say the above.

32 minutes ago, Gordo said:

Yes...tools/options... check show players portraits and players faces.  if they have a generic cyberface, none will show.  Some players may have the correct portrait number, but if you don't have a portrait installed for that player, it will say the above.

Thank you very much for your help Gordo, that worked!