Online Dynasty With Friends?

mds29

Hello!

Me and my friends are looking for a game to play an online 3 person franchise. (Much like connected franchise in madden but with baseball) I am wondering if the mvp 2005 mod is supported by online servers to do so? 

Is it possible to have an online franchise with the 2016 update of mvp baseball with 3 friends or users? How do we go about this? What things do we need installed? I'm assuming something like game ranger? 

Really new to this, I'm amazed they're so many people out there who miss the classic old console games.

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated!!

You would need to have mostly identical installs and then connect IP to IP which still works very well.  If your locations are not too far apart, you would have great continuity.   Game Ranger, despite many people asking, will not work with MVP as they did not add it in.  Tunngle might, but one my one attempt to get it working, we could not.   IP 2 IP works well though.  Keep in mind this is only versus play.  There is no option to play on the same side.  With IP 2 IP play, your respective routers would need to be set up for the proper ports to be opened.

Setting sliders has to be done each game, unfortunately.  Well, maybe someone knows a way around this, but I never knew of one.  Also, the options you can supposedly set before you go into the game do not work either.  Everything has to be set manually prior to each game.

I would be happy to give you our slider set we use for online play and the set up, but we also use classic pitching and we dumb the control down on the pitchers by 22 points each per pitch.  We had to do this because, despite setting the sliders as low as possible, we were still getting very, very low scoring games.  We eventually settled on this attribute edit that helped our games overall.  The other great thing about classic pitching (no meter) is that it's not obtrusive on your screen while playing, plus your opponent can't tell if you hit the green zone (perfect pitch) area, but then again, neither can you.

Here's a recent series we are in that shows you that possibility in variety of game outcomes.  Our 4 most recent games are attached.  As you can see, we get pretty realistic pitch counts as well.  Also, HR's are not crazy high.  Triples are misrepresented because if you make a misplay in the outfield and the runner makes it to 3rd, the game doesn't count it as an error.

tourney gm 1 det pit.htm

tourney gm 2 tor nym.htm

tourney gm 3 bos mia.htm

tourney gm 4 nyy was.htm

Gordo's right. Many years ago there was a Mvp league on this site and we did a few things that helped the IP to IP connection. Like Gordo said you would have to have very close or identical installs. This is what we did to make it run a lot better.

1. We made sure that the same rosters were used. That means if you have Gordo's end-of-season rosters still installed and your opponent has his spring ones you will run into a problem.

2. For league play we used the stock stadiums (the original ones that EA provided when you first install the game) because those did not have all the detail as the modded stadiums have. Don't believe me? Check out the default stadiums one day. EA didn't spend a lot of time on them.

3. If you have a datafile you had better be sure that your opponent has the same one.

4. While it is true that the closer you are in IP to IP play we did have people that lived out of the country that played Mvp and they did just fine. In the league I am talking about that was played here we had a guy who lived in New Zealand (Hory) who was a member of the league and I continually played against a guy who lived in Scotland (Mark) and we had no trouble.