Dirt Infield

blindguy

• 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...
16 hours ago, raidersbball20 said:

@blindguySo basically with Rogers Centre its kind of a mess.  I can import Tampa's field into it for the dirt infield but then you end up with black areas since the stadium structures are different sizes.  You also need to start with a vanilla file so I'm thinking the ads need to be completely re-done if that's even possible.

mlb2k12 2018-04-25 23-29-21-74.jpg

wow that's great work I had given up hope ,just goes to prove if you give it time almost anything can be done

8 hours ago, raidersbball20 said:

Oh I have confidence in you although the obvious limitation is the inability to adequately import field data with RedMC

After making those changes to Rogers Centre, is the file still editable using the 3DM Mod Tool? I know you can tinker with the field textures and the file would still be editable in RedMC, but I'm not too sure

In my head, I'm thinking you can load both n2km models and just expand the outer points of the Trop's field model to match the field dimensions of the OG Rogers Centre field model so at least the field is intact.

I mean I'm loaded up on coffee so the gears are turning here, but that's what I'm going to tinker with tonight to see if it's possible, unless this can be tested before I get a chance to do so.

28 minutes ago, MarkusBroede said:

Ich muss jetzt leider auf deutsch schreiben, da ich nicht gut englisch kann.

Ich fände es cool wenn es einer hinbekommen würde das Dirt-Infield im Rogers Centre einzufügen :)

Ich freue mich darauf, an diesem Wochenende zu arbeiten :)

The key is likely in the binary... not fault of the program. REDMC actually does support this. Like with SunTrust, if you change the models etc or dimensions of the stadium in any way you have to export the new binary value and then import the change. Ads could be exported and re-added to the file in the end. I have some of this archived somewhere and I'll see if I can dig it up. A little foggy right now as far as the details. 

22 minutes ago, DaSteelerz said:

The key is likely in the binary... not fault of the program. REDMC actually does support this. Like with SunTrust, if you change the models etc or dimensions of the stadium in any way you have to export the new binary value and then import the change. Ads could be exported and re-added to the file in the end. I have some of this archived somewhere and I'll see if I can dig it up. A little foggy right now as far as the details. 

you made so many great stadiums 

Not sure if this is a sore topic but you had more previews of stadiums in the now locked mlb 2k17 thread that i would have loved to have seen the light of day

redmc is now defunct cant get it licensed anymore to work on existing stadiums

On 4/28/2018 at 8:57 PM, DaSteelerz said:

Red MC supports anything that has previously been modified, but when it comes to modifying something, like a previously modded file within RED MC, you need a stock file for that.

Really cool that this is still being explored by the top modders around here...thanks for all you guys do and good luck to you guys on RC. BTW Markus, I cant get your latest version to open after DL, any tips or perhaps the file is corrupted? Also, I loved Roy Sheider's character Markus Brody. Nice!

12 hours ago, MarkusBroede said:

i had uploaded the stadium once more ......  I´m German, thats my real name^^

Thanks! Your the REAL MarkusBroede!

I'm still having problems getting it to open...using winzip. Obviously others are getting it to work, but I downloaded a different stadium and it worked fine. Should I be using a different tool?

On 4/29/2018 at 9:36 PM, Kccitystar said:

Red MC supports anything that has previously been modified, but when it comes to modifying something, like a previously modded file within RED MC, you need a stock file for that.

True, but everything can be re-imported after getting that fresh file... you just have to import textures last.. and update the binaries so they fit.