MVP 16 mod?

• 2 weeks later...

One just showed up in the downloads section, is that one not an official mod?

Well, it's not a Mvpmods release. The people at the Mvp Caribe site made it. It is not hosted here at all. They are just using this website to promote it. You must be a member over there to download it. Good luck navigating over there if you can't understand Spanish.

If anyone is interested...

You need to register for free on the MVP Caribe site to download.  The MVP16 download is 5 compressed files with a total size of 1.43 GB.  You do not need a clean install of MVP 2005 but you do need the "mvp2005.exe" file from your original MVP Baseball 2005 game.  They do not specify what patches need to be installed but I just used a copy of the "mvp2005.exe" file I used for the MVP 15 mod from this site (Patched to #2) and it worked fine for me.  It does allow for an English language installation.

No, it needs all 5 RAR files.  When you double click the 1st RAR file (I use WinRAR), it automatically reads and decompresses all 5 RAR files.  It will create only one combined "EXE" installation file (1.43 GB).  Just run the file it creates and then copy your mvp2005.exe file into the root of the new MVP16 folder that it creates or I think it let's you browse to the file if it can't find it.

Great mod. The only annoying thing is,players who are out for season with injuries,seem not to be available in the game. Playing with the cubs or red sox for example (schwarber,panda) in dynasty mode,you have to play without them. Or are they hidden somewhere ?

You don't really need to create them.  If you can run MVPEdit on your PC, you can export individual players from another roster and then import them to the given team of your choice.  Of course you have to balance the teams to where you are importing.

You don't really need to create them.  If you can run MVPEdit on your PC, you can export individual players from another roster and then import them to the given team of your choice.  Of course you have to balance the teams to where you are importing.

Could your latest roster set be used here?

As long as the cyberfaces being used in the models.big file have the correct numbers, I don't see why not.  The Caribe guys usually tend to use the official faces.  I'm actually going to test MVP 16 out tonight.  Seems like you don't need the CD's at all.  Word will travel fast.

Is it just me or is the camera angle from the batters view point much lower to the ground after a ball is hit with this mod?  I don't mean while at bat, I know you can change the "batters eye", but when the ball is hit the viewpoint is not much above the batters eye level.  Sort of from the 1st stadium level behind the plate.  Maybe there is another setting that needs to be tweaked but I can't get the same viewpoint as with the MVP 15 mod on here.

Is it just me or is the camera angle from the batters view point much lower to the ground after a ball is hit with this mod?  I don't mean while at bat, I know you can change the "batters eye", but when the ball is hit the viewpoint is not much above the batters eye level.  Sort of from the 1st stadium level behind the plate.  Maybe there is another setting that needs to be tweaked but I can't get the same viewpoint as with the MVP 15 mod on here.

If you notice you'll see that a lot of the different mods we have here have different views (datafiles) but as Gordo said you can change that to anything you wish.

Thanks guys.  I'll have to get that a try!  I know Stealth said he didn't really notice a difference but it was the first thing that jumped at me in my install.  It's just too low of an angle.  I find it harder to get my outfielders to the right spot with such a shallow angle when viewing the outfield.  I'll try to copy over my "datafile.txt" from MVP15 to MVP16.

I have already copied over the audio file.  Some of their pronunciations I didn't like.  For example, Francisco Cervelli was being pronounced as Cer-Vai-E with that double "LL" pronounced as a long "E" as in the Spanish language.

That would be a long list of players to import. A lot of players are not available :(

Edited by StAhL