How do I install game if my laptop doesn't have a DVD ROM?

scottiepimpin

How do new laptops not have CD players?

Also couldn't you install Mvp 05 to a flash drive and then transfer it onto your laptop?

Many new laptops, especially the ones that can also be tablets do not have CD drives.  One of my daughters has an ASUS laptop and another has a Macbook without CD drives.  In order to watch movies or install anything from a CD or DVD, you have to buy an external drive that connects via a USB cable.  They are fairly inexpensive.

This is the one they got at Best Buy:  http://www.bestbuy.com/site/lg-ultra-slim-8x-max-dvd-write-speed-external-usb-dvdrw-cd-rw-drive-black/5407064.p?id=1219650452864&skuId=5407064

I don't understand the reason for not including a CD drive.

Laptops are designed with less weight in mind and you can literally download anything you need if you have enough internet speed available, so the whole idea of going to a store and buying a disc-based version of anything is actually more inconvenient than buying whatever the item is digitally and downloading it from the comfort of your couch/bed/desk.

It used to be a given that your laptop had a disc drive, but now you have to make a conscious choice to have a disc drive by looking for a laptop that has one

Laptops are designed with less weight in mind and you can literally download anything you need if you have enough internet speed available, so the whole idea of going to a store and buying a disc-based version of anything is actually more inconvenient than buying whatever the item is digitally and downloading it from the comfort of your couch/bed/desk.

It used to be a given that your laptop had a disc drive, but now you have to make a conscious choice to have a disc drive by looking for a laptop that has one

That's true. The new laptops I have seen at Best Buy for example are extremely thin and as Jim said, have no room for a CD drive. It just wouldn't fit.

However there are still some reasons to use a CD or DVD. If you have an old movie for example and you want to watch it on your laptop. That's one reason. Or if you have stuff burned onto a DVD. Instead of just popping that into your new laptop you got to find one that has a CD drive and transfer what you need onto a flash drive. That's an extra step.

It's similar to how all desktop PC used to have floppy disc drives. 

Remember the older ones? They had the 3.5 and the 5.25 disk drives.

cd drives are useless anyhow.  i can't remember the last time i even needed one on a laptop.  

but to fix the issue, you can use the external cd drive if you want.  but like Y4L said, you can also use a jump drive.  the game is portable.  all you need is to create image files of disc 2, and use daemon tools lite to mount them on your laptop.  you can transfer the game from  your computer to a jump drive and play directly from there.