Many thanks....again

marty65

Hey guys

Many thanks.......again :D

I just spent the last few months editing the rosters on MVPEdit (all the way down to, and including, the  A leagues...oh and kudos to Gordo for your   Initial BaseUp Rosters download) only to have the game keep crashing on start up. I knew I'd done everything the way it should be done eg the  "SP1" slot etc. Got very frustrating I gotta tell ya lol

Then....the penny dropped. The Free Agent Pool. Checked it, I had used 239 of the 255 available but then remembered that a couple of you guys (I'm sure one was Gordo cant remember who the other one was, I tried to look it up but couldn't find it)   had mentioned that the game doesn't like the FA Pool being close to capacity. I deleted about 30 and was then able to get to start a season but crashed again at the start of the first game lol so off went another 30 and we're all good.

So many thanks once again guys, you're help is very much appreciated.

Ok cool.... like I said, I'm looking for someone to take over doing rosters.  But again, it's not just getting the right names out their, it's trying to adjust the attributes so that the teams play somewhat like their actual counterparts.  Of course, you'll never get it perfect, but you want an approximation.  That's why I quickly went to focusing on the MLB teams.

So please, if you're so inclined, share them with the community.

Hey Gordo

I should clarify lol

When I say I've done the rosters, I mainly just change the main info and kinda half-ass the attributes :blush:

I haven't done the faces or anything either, its just that I hated playing the minor league games against the no-name players

If people are willing to re-do the batting/pitching attributes etc,  to something more accuratei'd be happy to upload them, just not sure how :blush:

Hey Gordo,

Apart from the cyber faces you include on your rosters, I just do the generic faces to match (kinda) their ethnicity. Based on their MiLB profile picture (where available) 

If you could advise me how to, I'd be happy to send the file to you, if you had time to quickly check them over and let me know any tips, otherwise I'd be happy to upload them straight to the site,  so people can do with them what they wish, you'd just have to tell me how it's done lol

thanks again  mate 

My tips would be in the form of the guidelines/charts I've already uploaded.  I really don't have a desire to comb over another roster set after working on one.  If you care to look at those chart, I'd be glad to let you know how I use them, especially the contact/power one.

Hey Gordo

Absolutely, fair call mate. Wasn't really thinking when I asked you to look over them.us

I'm happy to post them but is there somewhere on the site has instructions regarding uploading roster files or can I just click on the link below that says "drag files here to attach, or choose files"