Welcome to MVP Mods

Welcome to MVP Mods, like most online communities, you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry, this is a simple, completely free process that requires just some information from you to signup. Be a part of MVP Mods by signing in or creating an account.

• Get access to over 8,000 modifications for MVP, MLB 2K and High Heat Baseball FOR FREE!
  • Become an amazing part of our online community to discuss baseball!
  • Participate in the Shoutbox on our front page!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
terential

MVP 2005 Patch Issue Windows 8

9 posts in this topic

So I just recently bought a disc copy of mvp 2005.  I installed everything according to this sites instructions and the game works well.  However, after applying the patches once I hit the click to start menu the game speeds up X10.  It quickly goes to a mini game, and the only way i can even start the game is by holding escape and clicking simultaneously.  I'm not sure if it's one of the patches thats messing with the game or what.  The only update I really need to apply is the second since it fixes stuttering.  Any suggestions?

right click on the .exe file, change compatibility mode to XP3; also run as administrator.

right click on the .exe file, change compatibility mode to XP3; also run as administrator.

I tried doing that, still having the same issue.  

Whats strange is running it without compatibility mode actually made it work.   Applied the 5th patch and it works fine, thanks for trying to help.

Edited by terential

Good deal.  yeah, anything past Windows 7 seems to have some mysterious crap going on.

Good deal.  yeah, anything past Windows 7 seems to have some mysterious crap going on.

For sure I had to reinstall mvp like 3 times then i found the guide on the site.

I have the same thing problem as described in Post #1 with Windows 7.  I have done the steps listed in this thread with no luck.  Any help?

But this is a Windows 8 thread. Your posting multiple responses for help. Look through the Windows 7 threads. Others have posted the same symptoms.  

I know, but I couldn't find anything else when I searched the "speeding up" issue.  Sorry, I am new to this whole thing and I am just so frustrated.  I also keep having different issues.

I have spent a lot of money and a few days trying to figure it out.  I tried installing Bootcamp and it partitioned 800 gigs of my hard drive and it's lost so now I am really panicked. 

Sorry if I am breaking rules - I don't want to upset anyone or be a nuisance.