XBOX 2016 Mods

MajoraMan

Hi everyone. I have the game on a modded Xbox and I was wondering if anyone could help me get some mods working on it, or point me in the right direction for premade working mods. I downloaded some stadiums, uniforms, portraits and rosters from here, ran them through the converter tool when needed, and ftp'd them all to my Xbox all in the proper places. When I boot up the game the mods all seem to be there. The roster is current, the uniforms seem to be updated, everything seems good. Problem is when I try to start a game, the game freezes on the loading screen that takes you to the gameplay. Anyone have any ideas, or know any Xbox-ready mods I should try instead?

I started out in Xbox mods and I can tell you, it's super finicky. Faces won't display properly or will crash the game without any real reason. There's just way too much that can go wrong and trying to fix it is way more time consuming than on the PC, which always has its own issues.

kyleb couldn't be more spot on (and knows his stuff).  If I recall, I eventually went to all generic cybers for the updated rosters.  I found it satisfying that PC rosters  could work by themselves (though I would take the FA pool way down).  Keep in mind that you have the advantage of true 720 wide screen definition versus what's available on a PC (though that does seem backwards).  If I recall also, there was one of the 19 .dat files for the rosters that had to be put in a separate folder from the other 18.

I ruled out all the mods except for the rosters. Oddly, every roster file I try does the same thing. It gets past the loading screens, into the the 1st batter introduction and then freezes. Fresh install, no other mods. Any ideas? I understand the PC version is easier to mod, but honestly I don't care enough about the mods to buy the PC version.

Experiment with reducing the free agent pool.  If that doesn't work, then it could be that there is someone pulling on a cyberface and it's not liking it.   Try 2 teams where you've changed all the cyberfaces to default (901-915).

Yeah, it's the faces that will be the root of most problems in Xbox modding. Every non-generic (901-915) face that appears in your roster file will also have to be in your models.big or the game will crash. For example, if you're playing as the Indians and Michael Brantley's cyberface (584) hasn't been added by you, the game will crash. Crashes due to missing faces will sometimes occur when you go to start a game, sometimes when that player is first set to appear on your screen.

I was always told MVP PC mods were not possible on console  ,even modded one

You're right. The mods that are here in the download section were specifically made for the Xbox. Although there is something called the PC to Xbox conversion tool  but I don't know how well this works or if at all.

I was always told MVP PC mods were not possible on console  ,even modded one

Basic file format is different for the images that make up most of the mods. Xbox files are .xsh while PC is .fsh. Files, specifically faces, have to be converted one-by-one. Making roster files compatible (by making sure each assigned face in the roster file is also in the Xbox models.big) is incredibly time-consuming. On top of that, converted faces often won't display properly or will just crash the game just for the hell of it.

The conversion tool works just fine, but only for portraits and uniforms. I did the non-modded Xbox roster scene for years without much of a problem, but the year or so I did the modded stuff was infuriating.