Windows just DELETED MY ENTIRE GAME

WithAuthority

I went to run the game, and it tells me the files are missing...when I know it was there before. I had this issue before, and I was able to download one. Now, I can't find one to download. On top of that, I go to the folder and now my .exe file of the game itself is GONE. Can someone tell me what is going on and how I fix this?!

Edited by bdolan33

I don't believe they were deleted when I upgraded, but I believe some kind of virus detector went ahead and deleted the files, as I've had this happen before. Remember at first I opened the folder, and was able to click the .exe---its only after it didnt work that it was missing after. Now there's no trace of the working .exe,  even if I use file recovery. Today, when I try to start the ame, I get a new message---- "This app cant run on your PC" To find a version for your PC, check the software publisher. FML

Okay so I pretty much confirmed it was "Windows Defender", which I shut off before but got turned back on automatically with Windows 10. Windows Defender aggressively tries to eliminate 2K sports files. I went into the quarentine thing, and found nothing but NBA and MLB 2K files. I tried to restore them all back----but my .exe still doesn't work, it says it cant be found even though its right there. FML

Edited by bdolan33

Try gamecopyworld.com

They have a ton of .exe files in case you've lost or damaged your original disk. I have had to use this with my old PC Madden game.

I'm not condoning using these for Piracy purposes but they do work if you are just missing the .exe file. 

Good luck

Try gamecopyworld.com

They have a ton of .exe files in case you've lost or damaged your original disk. I have had to use this with my old PC Madden game.

I'm not condoning using these for Piracy purposes but they do work if you are just missing the .exe file. 

Good luck

Your a god. That fixed my problem. It's safe to say you got me out of a pickle in this case brad

Try gamecopyworld.com

Good luck

You're right. Game copy world furnishes these fixes provided that you do own the original game. It helps!

the the only to stop denfer remove it disabled does almost nothing. it turns it self back on behind your nose. my tech asst did that for me got stoped. i dont remeber if he took out comelpety or did some kind swtich trick to force it to stay off.

I actually removed Windows Defender completely after this mess

well you should still back it up since you lost your discs.  it's a relatively small backup, but it's well worth having a backup of the fresh install on a jump drive or external hdd.

one thing i doif you have the sapce is copy folder to a second location, but remove the exe so you that part proctected. as you you get the exe if when you need it.  or back a coply of the folder like ihomer sayin. if you have dvd burner make a copy to a dvd.  that even better. or whaever backup way works for you.

ive had it a couple of times, but no ill effects. 

the only thing i can thing of it is commands we dont see for saving and saving and exiting are not picking up properly. just to be sure go into your save folder and copy the roster your working with a second copy so if that happens agian you to back to that point, if something is wrong with the one your repeating the save for,

• 2 weeks later...

This is not strange to me in any way, shape, or form. I posted here last year or maybe the year before how one of my virus checkers stripped my computer or my Reditor program which I bought and paid for, luckily after a little amount of time Vlad emailed me back and sent me a whole re-update patch and serial. And this wasn't the only game or program I have lost. The offender in my case wasn't Windows Defender, they were perfectly good versions of both AVG and Avast, that I installed one after the other first stripped a bunch or programs and dumped them into their version of Virus Hell. The problem is that when these .exe get restored from their vaults or whatever, they have been purged and cleaned so they no longer work. They can be really devastating to ones computer system. The sad truth here is that when "the Machine" does something like this to a person who has a legitimate complaint, there is very little they can do when they try to explain to someone that they were wronged and legal in the first place! I'm glad people here were helpful to the OP