2016-17 Rosters for Xbox

jollydodger

I don't have action replay or a modded xbox either.  It should work perfectly fine on yours.  

The only issue I've encountered is in season mode, when I want to sim more than a few games, the xbox freezes every time.  But playing it, there's no issue.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, mwann1028 said:

I did this last spring @Yankee4Life with a simple, in-controller memory card and no modded Xbox. When you receive the updated memory card you simply download the new 2017 roster as a seperate roster version and use it from there.  @jollydodger was a huge help. So glad to hear you're doing it again this season.

Thank you for reminding me about this. I went on Amazon about five minutes ago and I ordered a memory card and when I get it in the mail I will contact jollydodger and I will get his address and mail the card out to him along with the five dollars he asked for.

I replied.

For everyone - the roster currently has the correct 25-man rosters, so it's playable.  The R/L hitter ratings are up-to-date as well.  So it's a perfectly fine roster file presently.

I just got my Bill James handbook yesterday, which I use to edit and tweak other ratings (defense, stolen base, pitcher repertoires, etc) to perfect the roster file.  This will take a few weeks.

If you send me your memory card, please let me know if you want the present roster file as soon as possible, or if you're willing to wait a few weeks to get the best, finalized roster file.  Thanks.

• 1 month later...

Just a note to anyone out there who is considering sending a memory card to jollydodger. You will not be disappointed at all and you'll be very happy with the latest roster he made for the xbox version of the game.

I got my memory card yesterday afternoon but I was so tired from Christmas shopping that I did not have the energy to come on here and post this. Thank you again jollydodger and you did a great job. :)

Thanks for the feedback.

I'm planning on doing a 2018 update when we get close to Spring Training, with all the off-season moves updated.  No ratings changes or anything (except new players that need to be added in, a la Ohtani).  But after that, I'm shutting it all down.  Not enough interest.  But I'm glad to help the 6-7 people with rosters this past year.

• 1 month later...
On 10/13/2017 at 1:08 AM, jollydodger said:

The only issue I've encountered is in season mode, when I want to sim more than a few games, the xbox freezes every time.  But playing it, there's no issue.

I think this might be a hardware issue across all platforms, as I manually edited a huge amount of AA players on my GameCube version of the game and it plays perfectly fine, but freezes after a few games are summed in dynasty mode. Granted, this is simming games via the calendar schedule; maybe if each game is simmed individually in the "Today's Games" menu you could continue without freezing. I haven't tried it personally yet but it could be a possible, albeit time consuming, workaround.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm getting ready to release some XBox rosters that are up to date MLB wise with quite a few rookies in the minors.  You will be able to play Dynasty and Owner Mode with injuries and/or suspensions without it effecting anything (no freezing).  It's taken me many years to get this right.  Stay tuned.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/13/2018 at 9:33 PM, jollydodger said:

I just have a normal xbox and have been loading it on regular memory cards.  I don't know how to do it any other way.

PM Sent.  I'd like to get this done.  Love the game more than any othe baseball game out there.

• 2 weeks later...

Good to hear.

The teams are largely set now, with some fringe AAA veterans being released and picked up by someone else now, so I'll send out the cards I have that people have requested I hold onto until the season starts.  

In the meantime, I keep them updated that way and move on to adding top prospects.  Currently, 22 of the MLB.com top 100 prospects are on the roster file.  Their ratings are based on the consensus projections found on their player pages on fangraphs.com.

Archived