MVP 16 End of Season Rosters

Gordo

Ok guys....with roster expansion coming in September, it's almost impossible to have regular rosters reflect what's going on.  So I'll do what I did last year and have rosters reflect guys who predominantly gave the most service to the team throughout the year, with some exceptions (e.g., Carlos Gomez does not belong in the minor leagues, certain relievers who may have the time in, but just fell apart ERA wise, etc.).  I'll post them the regular way instead of asking for requests.   Should be a week or so.  Then any moves for the remainder of the year, you'll be on your own.

Wow that seems like a ton of work.

Well, Rotoworld + baseballreference are good to figure the pitchers.  Long relievers are the biggest pain in the ass, but you just put the most logical in there.  There are gonna be a few guys who some will think need to be on the MLB squad.  So you just move them.  Hot/cold zones will be updated too.  Was only partially done with those before (going with ESPN's chart for last 2 seasons).  Not sure if I'm going to have time or desire to update all batting and pitching attributes, or the important ones.  I'll look at the young guys for sure and then maybe adjust the top 25ish and bottom 25ish guys, if warranted.

Addendum:  American League done.   NL will take longer.... more hot/cold spots for them to do.

• 2 weeks later...

Quick update.  I have all the MLB teams balanced the way I want. I've also adjusted many of the younger players batting attributes.  I simply need to finish the hot/cold zones for the NL (got about half of them to do) and then I'll take a look at the contact/power for the top 20 and bottom 20 guys and adjust accordingly.   I may take a look at the top and bottom pitchers too.  Anticipate all of this will take about another week.

Again, there is no attention being given to MiLB at all.  This is strictly an MLB roster.  Also, there may be some uniform numbers that are off, but I'm pretty sure that there are no repeat numbers on any MLB teams.   There may be some photo IDs you'll have to update on your own, easily done via MVPedit or right in the .dat files themselves.

Very kind of you guys to say.  

They are ready to go.  I simmed through the rosters to makes sure of no crashes.  Unbelievably, these were the playoff teams from this first sim attempt:

SFG / LAD / CHC / WAS

TEX / CLE / TOR / BOS

Simming the playoffs, here was the outcome:

Bos beats Tex 3-2

Tor beats Cle 3-1

Was beats SFG 3-0

Chc beats LAD 3-1

Tor beats Bos  4-2

Was beats Chc 4-3

WAS beats TOR 4-1 (Daniel Murphy MVP)

Additional stats:

3 Highest averages:  Ortiz, Ramos, Encarnacion