player moves and lineup changes

razmat

hi all, so I got my MVP 2005 working again and downloaded the MVP 2015 mod. I am trying to move players around and make the team like it is this (and last ) year. so I move some players up from AAA or AA and some down and move players into the positions I want , but when I try to go back a screen , it says something like " the MLB team does not have all 4 lineups filled in correctly " do you want to - fix manually - let the CPU optimize it - or leave screen anyway. and if I let the CPU optimize it , then it moves guys all over the place . some back to AA or AAA, and changes the roster . it brings other guys in I don't want and slots them in spots I don't want. is there some kind of player rules or something I am missing? it wont let me out without some changes. I am trying to save and use the roster I want to load in and use for a season. any help ? thanks

Edited by razmat

well I downloaded MVPedit, what am I supposed to do? find my games roster file and import it? then edit it? I still don't know how the lineup rules work. is there only certain players I can have in it? or is there a certain amount of catchers and other player types I'm supposed to have on the major league , A ,AA,  and AAA teams?

ROS files between the game and MVPedit are not compatible.   

As far as MVPedit, here are the major conditions you must follow:

• Minimum of 10 fielders per team
  • Minimum of 6 pitchers per team
  • MLB squads must have 25 players
  • MiLB squads should have a minimum of 20 players
  • All lineups must be filled in.  Of course they don't need to match position for slot but they must be complete (e.g. you can have 14 catchers on the team but when you complete the lineups, they will populate to needed positions)
  • Every team must have a complete starting pitching rotation and a closer
  • When you move a pitcher from team to team, if he is the #1 pitcher, swap him with another slot first (a #2, or 3, etc.) and then move him.
  • I wouldn't have the FA pool have more than 175 players in it despite its' capacity

Therefore it is very flexible with the position players.  You can have, for example NO catchers on the team, but when you fill the lineups, someone will be in a catcher's slot.

Keep in mind that MVPedit is a MS Access program at the heart.  Therefore, moves and edits you do will change on the fly.  No saving is needed.  However, if you attempt to do a major change (e.g., import a player or entire team, make a global change, etc.), I would do a "save as" and save it as the next version that you want.