PC vs PC Gameplay Set-Up w/ Sliders

Gordo

This is to observe games only (not play) at the MLB level (not MiLB).   See downloads section for file.

How to set up rosters on your own for PC v PC play:  I discovered that no matter what pitching sliders were used, PC batters were just too strong and outcomes were producing consistently inflated scores.  Therefore, dumbing down the batters' attributes is necessary.  To set up your own rosters for PC to PC play:

• Import roster to MVPedit
  • Choose Global Edit
  • Choose all ML teams (if you choose all teams, this will edit both the MLB teams and the Futures teams which are cloned players and will double edit those players)
  • In the "Modify" area, start with "Contact vs. L" and change the "Op" to "Percent".  Put (-30) in the "Value" area
  • Do the same thing for Power vs. L, Contact vs R and Power vs. R.; go back to the rosters and you will notice significant difference for your batting attributes.  But that's okay.  For this mode, it's essential to get good results.  The PC teams will still get hits, including HRs.
  • Export roster to preferred folder or area on your computer and then place in the data > database folder to set as the default rosters for your game.
  • If you choose to, save the roster within the MVP game, something like PCvsPC.  Then you can swap your usual game-playing rosters back in, but load these whenever you want to watch a PC vs. PC game.  That's it!

To play:  Place both teams you wish to observe on the MVP level (human controllers).  Advance to game.  Pause. Choose preferred camera angle.  Change both controllers to CPU.  Resume game.

Here is the modified slider set:

ADDENDUM:  updated 03/22/20 (changes in red)

(Place both teams on MVP Level):

Pitch Speed: 50
CPU Pitcher Ball Rate: -30
CPU Pitcher Fatigue: 8
CPU Pitch Control: -37
Bullpen Fatigue Rate: -40
Bullpen Fatigue Grace: 40

CPU Batting Contact: -40
CPU Batting Power: -48
CPU Bunting Ability: 5
CPU Foul Ball Frequency: 50
CPU Swing Frequency: -50

CPU OF Speed: -8
CPU IF Speed: -9
CPU Throw Speed: -2
CPU Throw Accuracy: -12
CPU Catch Errors: 27
CPU Catch Effort: 17

CPU Baserunning Speed: -3
CPU Runner Aggression: -35
CPU Runner Steal Speed: -9
CPU Runner Steal Delay: -25
CPU Steal Rate: 0

(VARIABLE)
Runner Injury Frequency: 5
Pitcher Injury Frequency: 4
Batter Injury Frequency: 8
Fielder Injury Frequency: 11

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

Liking these sliders better.  Forgot to mention that the power and contact number for the batters was reduced by 30% instead of 33% this time around.  This in combination with the slider changes seems to be producing better results (especially less walks overall).  Attached a 2nd test here.... this also shows how the best of pitchers can be knocked around!

test2.htm

• 7 months later...
3 minutes ago, wuilmer26f said:

friend if I play a game only against the cpu I put the sliders configuration and ready????

The instructions are in the first post:

To play:  Place both teams you wish to observe on the MVP level (human controllers).  Advance to game.  Pause. Choose preferred camera angle.  Change both controllers to CPU.  Resume game (with the suggested sliders above).

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...
On 9/19/2016 at 8:49 PM, Gordo said:

This is to observe games only (not play) at the MLB level (not MiLB).   See downloads section for file.

How to set up rosters on your own for PC v PC play:  I discovered that no matter what pitching sliders were used, PC batters were just too strong and outcomes were producing consistently inflated scores.  Therefore, dumbing down the batters' attributes is necessary.  To set up your own rosters for PC to PC play:

• Import roster to MVPedit
  • Choose Global Edit
  • Choose all ML teams (if you choose all teams, this will edit both the MLB teams and the Futures teams which are cloned players and will double edit those players)
  • In the "Modify" area, start with "Contact vs. L" and change the "Op" to "Percent".  Put (-30) in the "Value" area
  • Do the same thing for Power vs. L, Contact vs R and Power vs. R.; go back to the rosters and you will notice significant difference for your batting attributes.  But that's okay.  For this mode, it's essential to get good results.  The PC teams will still get hits, including HRs.
  • Export roster to preferred folder or area on your computer and then place in the data > database folder to set as the default rosters for your game.
  • If you choose to, save the roster within the MVP game, something like PCvsPC.  Then you can swap your usual game-playing rosters back in, but load these whenever you want to watch a PC vs. PC game.  That's it!

To play:  Place both teams you wish to observe on the MVP level (human controllers).  Advance to game.  Pause. Choose preferred camera angle.  Change both controllers to CPU.  Resume game.

Here is the modified slider set:

ADDENDUM:  updated 03/22/20 (changes in red)

(Place both teams on MVP Level):

Pitch Speed: 50
CPU Pitcher Ball Rate: -30
CPU Pitcher Fatigue: 8
CPU Pitch Control: -37
Bullpen Fatigue Rate: -40
Bullpen Fatigue Grace: 40

CPU Batting Contact: -40
CPU Batting Power: -48
CPU Bunting Ability: 5
CPU Foul Ball Frequency: 50
CPU Swing Frequency: -50

CPU OF Speed: -8
CPU IF Speed: -9
CPU Throw Speed: -2
CPU Throw Accuracy: -12
CPU Catch Errors: 27
CPU Catch Effort: 17

CPU Baserunning Speed: -3
CPU Runner Aggression: -35
CPU Runner Steal Speed: -9
CPU Runner Steal Delay: -25
CPU Steal Rate: 0

(VARIABLE)
Runner Injury Frequency: 5
Pitcher Injury Frequency: 4
Batter Injury Frequency: 8
Fielder Injury Frequency: 11

in your tutorial, you mention to import the roster file into mvp edit.  am i supposed to extract all of the files into mvp edit or into the game directory

25 minutes ago, roadranger said:

in your tutorial, you mention to import the roster file into mvp edit.  am i supposed to extract all of the files into mvp edit or into the game directory

i did get the roster to come up in mvp edit and i opened up the global editor in mvp edit, but i don't see where the sliders you mention are shown.  i know they're in the game, but i don't see them as listed in the global editor

2 hours ago, roadranger said:

i did get the roster to come up in mvp edit and i opened up the global editor in mvp edit, but i don't see where the sliders you mention are shown.  i know they're in the game, but i don't see them as listed in the global editor

That's because the slider settings are not in MVPEdit.  You can only edit them in the game itself.

• 8 months later...
1 hour ago, dcstadium said:

Is this for MVP 2005 or 2k12?

If you go to the top of this page you can see that you're in the MVP2005 area.  If you go into the downloads section, you can get a past set of MVP PC v PC rosters if you don't know how to arrange them yourself, but you'll still have to do the set up per the original posting.  It's not too difficult.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived