can't play game after patches and mvp15

roadranger

i did a clean install of mvp2005 on windows 7 and downloaded and installed patches 1 thru 5 and installed the mvp2015 'explodeme.exe' as administrator and i can't get the game to start.  when i click on the mpv2005 icon, i get a "access denied"  "please log in with administrative privileges and try again"  i've right-clicked the icon and selected "run as administrator" and tried again with the same results.  let me know what i've done wrong before i uninstall and re-install the game.  is it the patches that are causing the problem?

i did a clean install of mvp2005 on windows 7 and downloaded and installed patches 1 thru 5 and installed the mvp2015 'explodeme.exe' as administrator and i can't get the game to start.  when i click on the mpv2005 icon, i get a "access denied"  "please log in with administrative privileges and try again"  i've right-clicked the icon and selected "run as administrator" and tried again with the same results.  let me know what i've done wrong before i uninstall and re-install the game.  is it the patches that are causing the problem?

let me HELP you by pointing you in the direction of the thread

Did you verify that you could start the game successfully BEFORE installing the MVP15 mod?  That would rule out the MVP15 mod as the issue. 

no i didn't because everything i've read on these posts said to install the patches before installing mvp15mod.  as for the bad forum etiquette comment, i DID do searches on the support forums and checked all tutorials before i made this post

I don't know if it's going to make a difference, but what I would do is:

1) Look at the 1st 4 posts in this thread:  

2) After following the above, install MVP 2005 with official patch #3 (others not needed) and try to run it.  If ok....

3) Install MVP 12 TC mod according to its' instructions.  If ok.....

4) Install MVP 15 TC mod according to its' instructions.  

Report back what you find.  If Windows prompts you to re-install the updates you did away with in step 1, hide them.   Google how to hide Windows uppdates.  It's not difficult at all.

P.S.  After you install MVP 2005 with the #3 official patch, copy the entire folder and zip it up and store it somewhere on your PC.  If you ever need it, you can copy it to another location.  This is one way you can have multiple installs of the game on your PC with the various mods.

2) After following the above, install MVP 2005 with official patch #3 (others not needed) and try to run it.  If ok....

Report back what you find.  If Windows prompts you to re-install the updates you did away with in step 1, hide them.   Google how to hide Windows uppdates.  It's not difficult at all.

P.S.  After you install MVP 2005 with the #3 official patch, copy the entire folder and zip it up and store it somewhere on your PC.  If you ever need it, you can copy it to another location.  This is one way you can have multiple installs of the game on your PC with the various mods.

thanks, i'll try that.  originally, i downloaded a file that had patches 1 thru 5 and installed them.  i'll just try the 1 thru 3 as you suggest and i'll let you know the results

no i didn't because everything i've read on these posts said to install the patches before installing mvp15mod.  as for the bad forum etiquette comment, i DID do searches on the support forums and checked all tutorials before i made this post

What I meant was install the original game from the discs, install the patches and then see if the game will start.  If it starts fine, then the problem is with the MVP15 mod, or with the mod and the Windows 7 update issue that Gordo mentioned.

i'll try installing it tomorrow as per your instructions.  i hate to assume, but when you mention to install mvp 12, should i also install the 2 patches for mvp 12 and try it before installing mvp 15 or should i try running mvp 12 first without installing the patches

What I meant was install the original game from the discs, install the patches and then see if the game will start.  If it starts fine, then the problem is with the MVP15 mod, or with the mod and the Windows 7 update issue that Gordo mentioned.

see my reply on gordo's post, but i wanted to thank both you and gordo for the help