1994 TC Mod models.big problem

PizzaLove

Hey everyone! I have some questions I hope someone could please answer.

I have a models.big file for the 1994 TC Mod I wanted to upload but run into an issue. 

Everything plays fine in the game except for the season mode. Simulating the whole season went fine but playing in season mode, eventually one game keeps crashing (Athletics on season mode and it was crashing against the Red Soxs) .

I've tried to edit every single player during the game to see if it would crash and I fixed the ones that needed it, but still stuck on this.

What I changed about the models.big file is by using uploading cyber faces from the "Faces" section on this site and by going through the different Mods to replace other Cyber faces for some existing players and about 50 different players who had no cyber face but do now (best matches I could find by going through everything). 

I also changed some shoes and batting gloves, and did sort of a Fantasy aspect by promoting some players from AA + AAA to MLB. Also adjusted stances and some Hitting/Power numbers.

I want to upload this as a fantasy add-on but not sure how to fix the crashing in season mode.

All the cyberfaces I'm using are from this site and not claiming anything, just wanted to share this and see what you guys think. I can upload it if someone wants to take a look -Thanks! :)

Edited by themann19

I found the error - I must have missed Danny Darwin on Boston when checking before, he keeps crashing when I try to edit him, so I moved him to 'AAA' and the game plays fine now.

I'm going to upload this file sometime this or next week when I try to finish the last players that still need cyberfaces

Edited by themann19

If his face is the problem, you will want to fix that.  Moving him to AAA will just be a temporary solution but it will cause crashing.  You want a stable models.big file.  You will want to check to see if it's the cyberface file itself that is corrupt or if it's an issue with the face assignment.

I found the error - I must have missed Danny Darwin on Boston when checking before, he keeps crashing when I try to edit him, so I moved him to 'AAA' and the game plays fine now.

I'm going to upload this file sometime this or next week when I try to finish the last players that still need cyberfaces

I took a quick look at the files you uploaded. Darwin is assigned a generic face, so there's no good reason for him to crash the game. Did you change the face assignment before uploading?

If his face is the problem, you will want to fix that.  Moving him to AAA will just be a temporary solution but it will cause crashing.  You want a stable models.big file.  You will want to check to see if it's the cyberface file itself that is corrupt or if it's an issue with the face assignment.

Thanks for replying! I don't think it's the Cyber face because his was a Generic 900+ id but I don't know what's wrong.

I took a quick look at the files you uploaded. Darwin is assigned a generic face, so there's no good reason for him to crash the game. Did you change the face assignment before uploading?

Hey! I did on a test version before, but it was crashing both ways also still. I also deleted him from the 1.mbe using MVP edit and added a working version of Darwin exported from another Mod but it kept crashing still. Also had the same problem with Scott Erickson and moved him as well to 'AAA'.

Could the portraits have corrupted?

Downloaded the new models.big. Thanks.

Question.

If I replace the old file with this new one will it affect seasons already in progress?

Thanks again.

If he updated a player with an existing cyberface to a new cyberface, yes. Players that have a generic face but were upgraded to a proper cyberface will not be updated. Player equipment and ratings changes will also not be updated.

Possibly? Have you changed any portraits? Does your portraits.big file look fine? Anything noticeable with Darwin's portrait? Is it uncompressed?

I'm able to view Darwin just fine in my version.

Hey again!

School is starting back up on Monday for me and going to be busy for a little bit - could I upload the files (any you need) and have you or anyone take a look? Thanks!

(Also just wanted to let you guys know I uploaded a newer version today - 14 more Cyber faces added)

Hey again!

School is starting back up on Monday for me and going to be busy for a little bit - could I upload the files (any you need) and have you or anyone take a look? Thanks!

(Also just wanted to let you guys know I uploaded a newer version today - 14 more Cyber faces added)

Yeah, sure thing. Zip up your entire installation and send it my way.

Alright, I've resolved this problem. Your generic faces somehow became corrupted in models.big. I figured this out by switching Darwin from a beard to a mustache in MVPEdit. The beard crashed, the mustache didn't. I zipped up the generic faces from my installation, installed with TiT and switched Darwin back to a beard. No crash.

Install this zip file with Total Installer Thingy and you should be fine.

generics.7z

Alright, I've resolved this problem. Your generic faces somehow became corrupted in models.big. I figured this out by switching Darwin from a beard to a mustache in MVPEdit. The beard crashed, the mustache didn't. I zipped up the generic faces from my installation, installed with TiT and switched Darwin back to a beard. No crash.

Install this zip file with Total Installer Thingy and you should be fine.

generics.7z

Thank you so much Kyleb! Truly grateful for all your help :)