game crashing after top of 1st inning in dynasty, 1988

bradu

Alright I finally got everything downloaded, got my controller configured. I wanted to do a fantasy draft but that's pretty hairy with the classic seasons, so I traded the players I wanted to the team I wanted (Mariners) on the regular rosters and am using that as my team.

In my first game, I've tried playing 3 times and after I hit in the top of the first, the game crashes. That is to say I never get to the bottom of the 1st. We're playing in Oakland.

Any ideas? I'll try simming past the inning and see if that does anything, though that's not a fix anyway I'm just curious if that will get past the crash.

alright a follow up...this was actually the 2nd game of the season, not the first. I forgot I had simmed the first when testing some things out.

I restarted the Dynasty. This time I played through my entire first game, no problems. However, when I got to the 2nd game, again it crashed at the end of the first inning. Same opponents, same field, pretty much everything the same.

So this leads me to a possible issue...could it be that it's a problem with the pitcher who is 2nd in my rotation (Charlie Hough?) It's the only thing I can think of that's different. I guess I'll try switching my rotation so that another pitcher would pitch and try that.

For what it's worth, I found a workaround, I just simmed that game and it worked fine. Given the long season I tend to sim over half of the games anyway (I often only intervene if it's a close game to play the last inning or two.)

Having a blast with this 1988 season! I haven't played MVP in probably 10 years, but just found this site and thought that it would be cool to check it out again