BallFour's Uni Mods

BallFour

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Happy to announce that this weekend begins BallFour's Tour Around New York.

In homage to my upstate NY roots, I'll be working on uniforms for the next couple weeks that are from all over the Upstate NY area. We'll start things off by finishing up the International League. Here's the Syracuse Chiefs. The Rochester Red Wings are up next, with custom created New York-Penn League uniforms coming. For now, enjoy the Chiefs!

syrhome.jpg

syrroad.jpg

Next up are the Oneonta Yankees. I custom made these uniforms by using the "O" logo from the Oneonta Tigers and put it on the Yankees' pinstripes, then found an old Oneonta Yankees jersey and added the white outline around the letters.

oneontahome.jpg

oneontaroad.jpg

Here are the Auburn Doubledays, a current NY-Penn League team. I've stayed pretty faithful to their current uni set, only adjusting the number font to match a more Red Sox style, because I've made them a Boston farm team in this iteration. In reality, they're a Nationals affiliate, but I liked the Boston look.

auburnhome.jpg

auburnroad.jpg

And now here are the Little Falls Mets. If you couldn't tell by my Shoutbox post, this area of NY is very near and dear to my heart, because it's where I was raised. The Mets were only in town until the late 80s, so I don't remember much of them, but I wanted to modernize their look. I opted for the normal home pinstripes and then a custom created road jersey script.

lfmetshome.jpg

lfmetsroad.jpg

Here are the Utica Blue Sox. Based in Utica, NY, they were a NY-Penn League for quite some time. Once associated with the Phillies, Richie Ashburn actually used to patrol center field in Utica back in the 40s. The team lasted until the early 2000s, when they were moved to Aberdeen, MD and became the Ironbirds. For the uniform, I started with a Yankee base to keep the "Blue Sox" thing in tact. The home uniform is largely unchanged from what it once was in the Miguel Cabrera days as a Florida Marlins affiliate. The road uniform is a bit of a Marlin-ized version of the script they used in the early 90s as a White Sox affiliate. I've returned Utica to the Florida Marlins as their new Single-A affiliate.

uticahome.jpg

uticaroad.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived