Welcome to MVP Mods

Welcome to MVP Mods, like most online communities, you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry, this is a simple, completely free process that requires just some information from you to signup. Be a part of MVP Mods by signing in or creating an account.

  • Get access to over 8,000 modifications for MVP, MLB 2K and High Heat Baseball FOR FREE!
  • Become an amazing part of our online community to discuss baseball!
  • Participate in the Shoutbox on our front page!

pena1

MLB 2K17 - Mod Preview

794 posts in this topic

Keep your heads held high boys you are and always have done great work, don't let the few make it sound like the many

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Show has always been eyecandy with moderate to poor gameplay since its inception..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, scottybilly said:

The Show has always been eyecandy with moderate to poor gameplay since its inception..

All those Topps and Show ads make me want to stab my eyes out. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, blindguy said:

Keep your heads held high boys you are and always have done great work, don't let the few make it sound like the many

 Nice post man! :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Yankee4Life said:

 Nice post man! :)

Agreed.. I keep this in mind often. There are just a few outliers. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd just add that if there is an option to make a donation towards the guys hard work and time put towards doing this, I'd certainly drop a few $$$ their way

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, bomberlove463 said:

I think I should chime in. I never do because I know how dangerous a keyboard can be  But setting an initial date was a very not so smart move if you guys planned on doing all of this stuff. I feel like most of the decisions you made to add in were last minute and what you guys need to understand is, THIS GAME WONT EVER BE THE SHOW. It won't look like the show it won't feel like the show and it won't play like the the show. So some of these particular and trivial details no one will probably care about. I praise you guys. ALL of you. You're talented as hell. And it shows in your work. However, waiting almost a month into the actual baseball season to see anything has made me not care about this mod as much. "It'll be done X date." "We're just cleaning some stuff up we'll have it this weekend." Now it's "whenever we finish it'll be in." That's not a good look. Move in silence next time or suffer the consequences. You guys have no one to blame but yourselves 

What an ungrateful comment. If your Dad ordered you a new car, you would probably complain that you have to wait a week for the delivery and the rims were the wrong color...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, bomberlove463 said:

I think I should chime in. I never do because I know how dangerous a keyboard can be  But setting an initial date was a very not so smart move if you guys planned on doing all of this stuff. I feel like most of the decisions you made to add in were last minute and what you guys need to understand is, THIS GAME WONT EVER BE THE SHOW. It won't look like the show it won't feel like the show and it won't play like the the show. So some of these particular and trivial details no one will probably care about. I praise you guys. ALL of you. You're talented as hell. And it shows in your work. However, waiting almost a month into the actual baseball season to see anything has made me not care about this mod as much. "It'll be done X date." "We're just cleaning some stuff up we'll have it this weekend." Now it's "whenever we finish it'll be in." That's not a good look. Move in silence next time or suffer the consequences. You guys have no one to blame but yourselves 

Okay.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not going to point fingers but why does it seem like some people feel entitled to this mod? No one has to make this and no one has to share it with the rest of us. The sense of entitlement is insane. That being said, I'd like this discussion to stay relevant/respectful, the modders seem to be working their butts off to create this in their free time, they don't need to deal with this crap too. I just want to say again, thank you to those of you putting work into this! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After they DL the 2K17 mod they will disappear back into the woodwork, give nothing in return only to return next season to bitch because it's  not ready when they want it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, picklebrad said:

43448420.jpg

Picklebrad, where you been hiding broham, love your work!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Behindshadows said:

Picklebrad, where you been hiding broham, love your work!

Thanks my friend. I've been around. Just moved back to Florida, got married, had a kid...You know, normal life experiences. Glad to be back and having fun modding any chance I get which is too little these days. I do have some awesome things I'm collaborating with these guys on so stay tuned and thank you for your patience!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, bomberlove463 said:

I think I should chime in. I never do because I know how dangerous a keyboard can be  But setting an initial date was a very not so smart move if you guys planned on doing all of this stuff. I feel like most of the decisions you made to add in were last minute and what you guys need to understand is, THIS GAME WONT EVER BE THE SHOW. It won't look like the show it won't feel like the show and it won't play like the the show. So some of these particular and trivial details no one will probably care about. I praise you guys. ALL of you. You're talented as hell. And it shows in your work. However, waiting almost a month into the actual baseball season to see anything has made me not care about this mod as much. "It'll be done X date." "We're just cleaning some stuff up we'll have it this weekend." Now it's "whenever we finish it'll be in." That's not a good look. Move in silence next time or suffer the consequences. You guys have no one to blame but yourselves 

You chimed in and that was your first mistake. The only thing that I agree with your post was that they never should have set a release date. That's because it makes people like you "chime in."

These guys are not trying to make anyone think this is the second coming of The Show. What they are trying to do is make the best mod possible. If you love The Show so much why are you here? Play that game and enjoy it.

And it is such a shame that because this mod has been delayed that you don't care that much about it anymore. Maybe everyone associated with the 2k17 project ought to quit right now because you are unhappy.

One thing I was curious about though. What kind of consequences are these guys supposed to suffer? Is it the wrath of your impatience or the knowledge that they have disappointed you because the mod isn't in your hands yet?

If I were them I would delay it another two weeks and then tell everyone in here that while the mod is ready it was your comments that have prevented its release.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

New update of the MRP Andrew Miller cyberface of the Indians, credits to scottybylli by texture, I only edit 3d model. This cyberface will be available with the release of the mod 2K17

4.jpg

3.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Excellent work, buddy!  :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, scottybilly said:

The Show has always been eyecandy with moderate to poor gameplay since its inception..

Hear, hear! I actually tried last years version for my old PS3 last year after I got fed up with crashes using my over-modded 2k. Hitting sux balls, pitching is ok, game flow is awful. Way too much crap and the "unlocks" are nothing more than an inexplicable nuisance. I gave it to my kid to trade in on something he wanted within a month and the console went back to collecting dust.

This game is worlds better...when it's not crashing...

Thanks again, guys for all the work you put in! Take your time and ignore folks that aren't thankful.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@mingWeird. I have had 2K12 since the day of its release and it has never crashed once on me. Roster crashes are another thing though.... Sorry to hear you're having problems with it. But yeah I agree with all the comments about The Show. I have The Show 16 for ps4 and was really disappointed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Bostonnico said:

New update of the MRP Andrew Miller cyberface of the Indians, credits to scottybylli by texture, I only edit 3d model. This cyberface will be available with the release of the mod 2K17

4.jpg

3.jpg

 

 

Just in time for Miller to get a Hair cut LOL 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah I saw that too. Just got done watching the tribe sweep the Twins. Beautiful work though. Nice job Bostonnico !!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Yankee4Life said:

You chimed in and that was your first mistake. The only thing that I agree with your post was that they never should have set a release date. That's because it makes people like you "chime in."

These guys are not trying to make anyone think this is the second coming of The Show. What they are trying to do is make the best mod possible. If you love The Show so much why are you here? Play that game and enjoy it.

And it is such a shame that because this mod has been delayed that you don't care that much about it anymore. Maybe everyone associated with the 2k17 project ought to quit right now because you are unhappy.

One thing I was curious about though. What kind of consequences are these guys supposed to suffer? Is it the wrath of your impatience or the knowledge that they have disappointed you because the mod isn't in your hands yet?

If I were them I would delay it another two weeks and then tell everyone in here that while the mod is ready it was your comments that have prevented its release.

First of all, regardless of my comments, this mod probably wasn't coming out for another month anyway. So, your stupid suggestion to play an alternative seems so much more intriguing lol However, regardless of what you say, yes, the point for these mods are to make the most realistic baseball sim possible..... kinda sounds like the motto that The Show stands by... so release it, don't release it. I don't care, you guys bitch and complain about the silliest things I've ever heard, but god forbid someone say something that's actually true. So I don't care lol 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No matter what bomberlove463 says we are all patiently waiting for this to be released great job by all that is involved thank you guys for the great work fools like him don't speak for all of us

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So excited guys! Thanks for doing this for and keeping this incredible community alive.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, bomberlove463 said:

First of all, regardless of my comments, this mod probably wasn't coming out for another month anyway. So, your stupid suggestion to play an alternative seems so much more intriguing lol However, regardless of what you say, yes, the point for these mods are to make the most realistic baseball sim possible..... kinda sounds like the motto that The Show stands by... so release it, don't release it. I don't care, you guys bitch and complain about the silliest things I've ever heard, but god forbid someone say something that's actually true. So I don't care lol 

And what if it doesn't come out for another month? So what. You have no idea what is involved in making a huge mod like this. It's not like one guy making a uniform or one guy making a stadium and then you release it. So much more is required for a mod like this. And at the same time a lot of beta testing is done just so they can make sure the mod is 100% playable because the last thing they'd want to hear after all their hard work is "my game crashes" or something like that from people like you.

I'm an Mvp player and I want to tell you how long it took for two mods to come out. We have a Legends of the Booth mod that took creator OTBJoel a couple of years to make. Mvp Baseball 1994 took another modder named Hory 18 months to make. If you were here then you would have popped a blood vessel waiting on those mods.

How about if the next time something like this comes up you take over and do it yourself just to show everyone you are better than these guys? Yeah, go ahead and make 2k18. With any luck you'll have it out by 2k28.

31 minutes ago, jroh88_1969 said:

No matter what bomberlove463 says we are all patiently waiting for this to be released great job by all that is involved thank you guys for the great work fools like him don't speak for all of us

Nice post man

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bomberlove463 said:

the point for these mods are to make the most realistic baseball sim possible..... kinda sounds like the motto that The Show stands by... so release it, don't release it. I don't care, you guys bitch and complain about the silliest things I've ever heard, but god forbid someone say something that's actually true. So I don't care lol 

Why didn't you say that sooner? I'd have suggested you go play RBI Baseball, since you don't like the Show and you apparently don't care about our mod anymore. You do know that 2K12 does actually a very good job at being a realistic PC baseball videogame without a total mod added to it, right? You talk like you can't play the game without our mod. News flash: you can!

Nobody is saying you should keep your opinion to yourself, but show some respect for our work and the time it takes to complete it. You don't know the work that goes into it and you don't know what goes on in our lives, which, I repeat, are more important than any bloody mod. Since you obviously don't know anything about these two things and you can't show any respect, then I suggest you shut up. Or what about you learn how to mod the game and help us out? We're always in need of new volunteers. (I underlined this word because, once again, I'd like to point out that we do this without earning one single dime, therefore I have no idea why we should be forced to release it on a hypotetical release date we mentioned in the beginning. Nobody says we HAVE to release it either.)

I wonder what these silly things we bitch about are. It's not like we're not releasing the mod because one CF has short hair when it should have long hair. You keep saying that you don't care, yet I bet my ass you will be downloading this mod as soon as it comes out. :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Judging by his number of posts, he has nothing important to say. He's an anonymous lurker that probably doesn't play baseball games in general. Maybe he's amused by all the complaining about this mod not being released yet. Maybe the woman in his profile dumped his sorry ass, so he's lashing out at a baseball modding community. Maybe he was banned from the nba2K modding and Elder Scrolls modding websites because his mods suck and people grew tired of his harassment and demanding the acknowledgement of his accomplishments. Maybe the cops are patrolling all the grammar school playgrounds more thoroughly to stop him from playing with the other kids.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, scottybilly said:

Judging by his number of posts, he has nothing important to say.

But he clearly stated he's saying "something that's actually true" so he must have said some relevant stuff LOL Funny how he can tell us what's true and what isn't, btw...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OMG!! is he a conspiracy theorist?  He has actual proof that there is civilization on the dark side of the moon? He writes a know-it-all then tell-it-all blog online with about 20 subscribers that are actually just him using 20 separate email accounts?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How about this: IGNORE HIM!  You guys might just be doing what he wants you to do.  Just a thought... Let it go and let's move on...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, scottybilly said:

Judging by his number of posts, he has nothing important to say. He's an anonymous lurker that probably doesn't play baseball games in general. Maybe he's amused by all the complaining about this mod not being released yet. Maybe the woman in his profile dumped his sorry ass, so he's lashing out at a baseball modding community. Maybe he was banned from the nba2K modding and Elder Scrolls modding websites because his mods suck and people grew tired of his harassment and demanding the acknowledgement of his accomplishments. Maybe the cops are patrolling all the grammar school playgrounds more thoroughly to stop him from playing with the other kids.

Now this is one of the funniest posts I've seen here in awhile. For all we know all of it is true. :D

20 minutes ago, aceshigh said:

But he clearly stated he's saying "something that's actually true" so he must have said some relevant stuff LOL Funny how he can tell us what's true and what isn't, btw...

He probably makes things up as he goes along.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, these kind of things happen in MVP Caribe site too. But our seasons last  only 3 monthes, and you know how polite we latin guys can be...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Lhmarina said:

How about this: IGNORE HIM!  You guys might just be doing what he wants you to do.  Just a thought... Let it go and let's move on...

Good idea but as soon as he lets up a little someone else in here will take his place.

Just now, Umachines said:

Well, these kind of things happen in MVP Caribe site too. But our seasons last  only 3 monthes, and you know how polite we latin guys can be...

Yeah, I see it in the shoutbox all the time. :D:D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, carterajames said:

Not going to point fingers but why does it seem like some people feel entitled to this mod? No one has to make this and no one has to share it with the rest of us. The sense of entitlement is insane. That being said, I'd like this discussion to stay relevant/respectful, the modders seem to be working their butts off to create this in their free time, they don't need to deal with this crap too. I just want to say again, thank you to those of you putting work into this! 

BEGIN SARCASM

Yeah, I mean come on now!  I already completed my own 2k17 mod 3 weeks ago and am enjoying the heck out of my franchise!  It's spectacular!  And I'm not going to share it with ANY of you because you didn't ask me.  I did this mod for myself, dangitall!

END SARCASM

Seriously, I think this mod is great.  People have taken time out of their lives to help improve the PC gaming community.  I agree here with carterajames and many others.  This mod will be ready when it's ready and I'll be ready when it's ready.  I appreciate everything these guys (and gals?) have done and, even if it crashes several times, I'll live. 

 

To be honest, I tried modding some stadium ads a few years ago and it's not as easy as you think, especially if you want things to look JUSSSSSST right.  So I admire all these people for their fine work.  They have pride in their craft and they want it done right.  Quick fixes?  Nah, they want it done RIGHT.

I love this website and, even though I don't contribute much, it's still a daily visit on my bookmarks.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

have you investigated why your game crashes? the only reasons I see are that somehow its computer driver related, or something is wrong with your roster file- meaning at least one team does not have enough players, or at least one team's pitching rotation or lineup has a blank slot

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As far as crashing goes, I've found 2k12 to be nearly indestructible compared to MVP! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Would love a tease of some Cubs players....

Thanks to everyone working on this and taking the time to polish it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, kjuggs said:

As far as crashing goes, I've found 2k12 to be nearly indestructible compared to MVP! 

Yes a more advanced engine in some ways. Most of the mods are drag and drop so it makes it nice. But I imagine MVP with how much content it has and different massive overhauls it would be a bit complex. Of course I'm not speaking in experience... I owned it for PS2 and loved it. You have to consider operating systems play a little happier nowadays as computers more are popular for gaming.

As for the mod, thanks for coming to our defense and all but we know how many good people are looking forward to playing it and I hope you guys feel like it's worth the wait..

of course it is... because it's free

lolz.. can't wait to release it and play it myself guys! Think of that, too :rolleyes:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, picklebrad said:

Thanks my friend. I've been around. Just moved back to Florida, got married, had a kid...You know, normal life experiences. Glad to be back and having fun modding any chance I get which is too little these days. I do have some awesome things I'm collaborating with these guys on so stay tuned and thank you for your patience!

Congrats on the kid and wife! Same here life has taken me away from my hobbies, multiple jobs, got a kid graduating in 2 years and he has 11 scholarship offers with more to come! So I'm preparing for that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The modding scene is entirely different this year with the ability to change  3D models and we were finally able to crack the text editing. The game now says 2K17 everywhere, SunTrust is changed, State Farm to T-Mobile, Great Rate Field, and Globe Life Park now all show up accordingly . Ive also hex edited all the in game music text and inserted 4x album art to correspond with aces soundtrack. And 2017 headlines for franchise mode. Simply put these developments needed more time.  And as far as uniforms go ill be able to change years and descriptions. Big stuff. Now if we could only crack that damn Justin Verlander audio file. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, raidersbball20 said:

The modding scene is entirely different this year with the ability to change  3D models and we were finally able to crack the text editing. The game now says 2K17 everywhere, SunTrust is changed, Great Rate Field, and Globe Life Park now all show up accordingly . Ive also hex edited all the in game music text and inserted 4x album art to correspond with aces soundtrack. And 2017 headlines for franchise mode. Simply put these developments needed more time.  And as far as uniforms go ill be able to change years and descriptions. Big stuff

 

This sounds awesome! It's the little details that I love and appreciate the most.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, raidersbball20 said:

The modding scene is entirely different this year with the ability to change  3D models and we were finally able to crack the text editing. The game now says 2K17 everywhere, SunTrust is changed, State Farm to T-Mobile, Great Rate Field, and Globe Life Park now all show up accordingly . Ive also hex edited all the in game music text and inserted 4x album art to correspond with aces soundtrack. And 2017 headlines for franchise mode. Simply put these developments needed more time.  And as far as uniforms go ill be able to change years and descriptions. Big stuff. Now if we could only crack that damn Justin Verlander audio file. 

 

wow

That is amazing. Love it. Will that include the stats showed in game too? like 2016 batting avg, etc?  

Another question is there a way to fix the bug that some players log insane amount of innings during the franchise mode (60 GS, 350+ IP) while others simply don't log anything (you can play with them, but when you look at their stats it's like they haven't played a single game it's all 0)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, raidersbball20 said:

Now if we could only crack that damn Justin Verlander audio file. 

I wish... :( It's like looking for a needle in a haystack while being blindfolded. We need someone to tinker with the audio editor before we can do that

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's been so long since i've been here, anyway just wanted to say that the mod is looking amazing so far, and like many here, can't wait to see it in action. Great work so far!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You guys just keep doing your work and don't worry about the complainers. They most likely never even put any effort into improving the game themselves, just sitting there and waiting to get others hard work served on a silver platter to bitch about some little stuff. I'm sure the majority here is very grateful for what you're doing and will patiently wait for the release.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For those of us non-modders, I know that I am at least interested . . .  but what is the damn Justin Verlander audio file?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, pitchleague said:

For those of us non-modders, I know that I am at least interested . . .  but what is the damn Justin Verlander audio file?

(sic)

Play by play: "Last year's MVP... Justin Verlander..."

Umpire: "STRIKE!!!"

*Cheers*

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DaSteelerz said:

(sic)

Play by play: "Last year's MVP... Justin Verlander..."

Umpire: "STRIKE!!!"

*Cheers*

"Strike three and this game is history!"

I don't know where that file is, I have an idea but the audio editor won't let us listen to audios from play-by-play and since there are like millions of lines, I have no idea what to do. I could replace every line that's about the length of the infamous JV line, but that would be trial and miss and it would require time that I currently don't have. :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Crashes, or at least all of mine, are roster related. I edit equipment team by team, weird arms, cyber faces, etc. Usually fine, but when it starts buggin out on you after you've put that kind of work into it and you don't know why, you get po'd. Crashes are an unfortunate side effect of OCD on my part...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, ming said:

Crashes, or at least all of mine, are roster related. I edit equipment team by team, weird arms, cyber faces, etc. Usually fine, but when it starts buggin out on you after you've put that kind of work into it and you don't know why, you get po'd. Crashes are an unfortunate side effect of OCD on my part...

Well don't scrap your franchise - just adjust your 40 man roster...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Was anybody able to or planning on changing the 15-day DL to the new 10-day DL and the 7-day concussion DL? Also, can the list of DL injuries be edited? I think that some should be deleted because they just don't happen, and could be replaced with the more common injuries. Also, are last years team and individual player stats being incorporated?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now