Need info on MVP2005 audio editing

Jim825

I'm currently working on another Total Classics mod and have included OTBJoel's Legends from the Booth player and stadium audios.  Although these all work great, I did notice a few cases where the stadium audios aren't always correct.  For example, when I play at Detroit using his modified Detroit stadium audio file, I sometimes hear "Welcome to Detroit", but other times I still hear "Welcome to Comerica Park".  When the Phillies play in Philadelphia, sometimes I hear "Welcome to the historic Baker Bowl" or "Welcome to Philadelphia" but other times I hear "Welcome to Shibe Park".   I've installed audio files often enough that I know that I did install them correctly.

From what I've read, the stadium audio file actually contains multiple audios, and when the game starts it randomly picks the audio to use.  I noticed this because if I pause a game and restart it, I will hear a different audio.

I want to see if I can correct the issue myself by replacing or removing the unwanted audios, however, I have never done any audio modding.  I have searched the forums and the tools and haven't found any real information on how to do audio modding.  I did find the following tool that OTBJoel said he used for editing stadium audios:  

I will try using this, however, once I extract the individual files, I don't know where to go from there.  If any of the audio modders here could point me to the tools they use for audio editing or provide any tips or tricks, I would appreciate it.  I'm always interested in learning new skills that can make my mods even better.

That tutorial works good for player audios and most audios.  But stadium audios have always been a mystery.  I ran into the same problems you found, and it seems it's a very complex thing to actually do.  Someone once told me that you need to have the audios the exact same length, while others told me you need to hex edit it.  It was never something I figured out.

Archived