Under Armour to take over as official partner of MLB

raidersbball20

1 hour ago, scottybilly said:

if that's where the sponsor's logo is to be placed, then I don't like it.  I prefer the logo to be on the bottom of the jersey so it can't be easily seen. There are enough sponsors advertised in every ballpark. Don't need it on the players too...

I think this is what might happen within the next ten years. Maybe not as bad as the Mexican uniforms, who are nothing but walking billboards, but it could happen.

1 hour ago, Yankee4Life said:

I think this is what might happen within the next ten years. Maybe not as bad as the Mexican uniforms, who are nothing but walking billboards, but it could happen.

The other question mark is if the Yankees will be required to wear the logo since they do not have to now. 

1 hour ago, raidersbball20 said:

The other question mark is if the Yankees will be required to wear the logo since they do not have to now. 

Unfortunately, yes.  I don't think it was a coincidence that the company founder specifically referenced them when talking about the ultimate goal of the "partnership" in this article: "Think of a Yankees fan who is standing in front of a shoe wall deciding what they want to buy. They will think about the fact that there is an Under Armour logo on the front of their jersey."  I already hate the New Era logo added on the side of the hats (new this year), but in my opinion the UA logo will definitely destroy the timelessness of the design. :(

On 3/24/2017 at 10:28 PM, MarlinsMY said:

Unfortunately, yes.  I don't think it was a coincidence that the company founder specifically referenced them when talking about the ultimate goal of the "partnership" in this article: "Think of a Yankees fan who is standing in front of a shoe wall deciding what they want to buy. They will think about the fact that there is an Under Armour logo on the front of their jersey."  I already hate the New Era logo added on the side of the hats (new this year), but in my opinion the UA logo will definitely destroy the timelessness of the design. :(

Hey man! It's been a while since I've seen you post something (maybe because you've made the switch from MVP to 2K? Either way, good to see you. I'm a huge fan of your Legends Field mod.

Archived