2K12 won't load

LouisvilleLipp

14 hours ago, scottybilly said:

try deleting the diamondbacks uniform mod and see if the game loads. If it does, then tell

unamachines about the uniform issue.

Tried that, it's not the jerseys.  Don't know what it could be. I did create a couple of players, but I don't think that would cause the issue.  I'd hate to un-install the game, and re-load it. Hate re-installing all the mods and patches, very time consuming.   

16 hours ago, LouisvilleLipp said:

Tried that, it's not the jerseys.  Don't know what it could be. I did create a couple of players, but I don't think that would cause the issue.  I'd hate to un-install the game, and re-load it. Hate re-installing all the mods and patches, very time consuming.   

Highly doubtful its the jerseys. 98% chance its the roster. 

9 hours ago, raidersbball20 said:

Highly doubtful its the jerseys. 98% chance its the roster. 

How can I tell it's the roster, when the game won't even start?  I click on the 2K12 icon, a black box appears for a couple of seconds, then disappears. I took the roster out of the saves folder, and it still does it.  Maybe it's something else.

You have the patched version or do you change the date before starting the game (either through that program or manually)? Something like that happened to me a couple of times and I still don't know the exact reason but every time I tinkered a bit with the date and the game started normally. Maybe your issue is something different, though.

On 4/19/2017 at 10:36 AM, rictor said:

So the only other thing worth checking that comes to mind is removing all the files from the Saves folder (AppData\Roaming\2K Sports\Major League Baseball 2K12\Saves) and then starting the game.

Thanks for the reply, tried that, still no go.

7 minutes ago, LouisvilleLipp said:

Thanks for the reply, tried that, still no go.

Man, if it's not a roster issue, it sounds like something got corrupted inside the game files, therefore I'd suggest you do a fresh install... :( do you have the CD version or the downloadable version? Or did you update your GPU drivers lately? They can cause some weird issues.

Yeah, I updated the drivers, but never had a problem doing it before. I have the Direct Download version purchased through Amazon, no Steam. I guess I'll uninstall and reinstall, I hate doing that, because I have all the mods already incorporated in the game, correct rosters, uniforms, stadiums, etc.....

1 minute ago, LouisvilleLipp said:

Yeah, I updated the drivers, but never had a problem doing it before. I have the Direct Download version purchased through Amazon, no Steam.

Usually you can roll back the drivers to the previous ones. If the game worked with those, you may wanna try that. Not sure it'll solve anything, but it's worth a shot! You would obviously be able to go back to the updated drivers if nothing changes.

7 minutes ago, LouisvilleLipp said:

I guess I'll uninstall and reinstall, I hate doing that, because I have all the mods already incorporated in the game, correct rosters, uniforms, stadiums, etc.....

Try to go the safe way and do the drivers thing first, so you won't lose anything

21 hours ago, aceshigh said:

Glad you got it working!

Thx. I think it may have had something to do with the Total Frontend 2K17 Bautista Edition #1 and #2.  That was the last mod I installed. The Overlay_static_preload.iff file from this mod (MLB Network) causes my game to crash to desktop after I pick teams to play. I loaded the default file, and it doesn't happen. Anyone else having problems with this mod?

Archived