Welcome to MVP Mods

Welcome to MVP Mods, like most online communities, you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry, this is a simple, completely free process that requires just some information from you to signup. Be a part of MVP Mods by signing in or creating an account.

  • Get access to over 8,000 modifications for MVP, MLB 2K and High Heat Baseball FOR FREE!
  • Become an amazing part of our online community to discuss baseball!
  • Participate in the Shoutbox on our front page!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
LouisvilleLipp

2K12 won't load

19 posts in this topic

I played this yesterday, and now all of a sudden it won't load.  Only thing I added was D-Backs jersey mod. What could be the problem?  I click on the exe, it loads in a small window, then kicks me to the desktop.  Perplexing to say the least.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

did you make any  adjustments to your roster file? not enough players on a team can cause a crash, especially if there are not 5 starting pitchers or 9 players in a lineup.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

try deleting the diamondbacks uniform mod and see if the game loads. If it does, then tell

unamachines about the uniform issue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, scottybilly said:

try deleting the diamondbacks uniform mod and see if the game loads. If it does, then tell

unamachines about the uniform issue.

Tried that, it's not the jerseys.  Don't know what it could be. I did create a couple of players, but I don't think that would cause the issue.  I'd hate to un-install the game, and re-load it. Hate re-installing all the mods and patches, very time consuming.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, LouisvilleLipp said:

Tried that, it's not the jerseys.  Don't know what it could be. I did create a couple of players, but I don't think that would cause the issue.  I'd hate to un-install the game, and re-load it. Hate re-installing all the mods and patches, very time consuming.   

Highly doubtful its the jerseys. 98% chance its the roster. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, raidersbball20 said:

Highly doubtful its the jerseys. 98% chance its the roster. 

How can I tell it's the roster, when the game won't even start?  I click on the 2K12 icon, a black box appears for a couple of seconds, then disappears. I took the roster out of the saves folder, and it still does it.  Maybe it's something else.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

You have the patched version or do you change the date before starting the game (either through that program or manually)? Something like that happened to me a couple of times and I still don't know the exact reason but every time I tinkered a bit with the date and the game started normally. Maybe your issue is something different, though.

Edited by rictor

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I didn't fool with the date. It shows the current date every time I load the game. I'm using the 2K17 interface with Joey Bats on the loading screen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So the only other thing worth checking that comes to mind is removing all the files from the Saves folder (AppData\Roaming\2K Sports\Major League Baseball 2K12\Saves) and then starting the game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/19/2017 at 10:36 AM, rictor said:

So the only other thing worth checking that comes to mind is removing all the files from the Saves folder (AppData\Roaming\2K Sports\Major League Baseball 2K12\Saves) and then starting the game.

Thanks for the reply, tried that, still no go.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, LouisvilleLipp said:

Thanks for the reply, tried that, still no go.

Man, if it's not a roster issue, it sounds like something got corrupted inside the game files, therefore I'd suggest you do a fresh install... :( do you have the CD version or the downloadable version? Or did you update your GPU drivers lately? They can cause some weird issues.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, I updated the drivers, but never had a problem doing it before. I have the Direct Download version purchased through Amazon, no Steam. I guess I'll uninstall and reinstall, I hate doing that, because I have all the mods already incorporated in the game, correct rosters, uniforms, stadiums, etc.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, LouisvilleLipp said:

Yeah, I updated the drivers, but never had a problem doing it before. I have the Direct Download version purchased through Amazon, no Steam.

Usually you can roll back the drivers to the previous ones. If the game worked with those, you may wanna try that. Not sure it'll solve anything, but it's worth a shot! You would obviously be able to go back to the updated drivers if nothing changes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, LouisvilleLipp said:

I guess I'll uninstall and reinstall, I hate doing that, because I have all the mods already incorporated in the game, correct rosters, uniforms, stadiums, etc.....

Try to go the safe way and do the drivers thing first, so you won't lose anything

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the replies.  I got it to work by repairing it in uninstall or change a program. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LouisvilleLipp said:

Thanks for the replies.  I got it to work by repairing it in uninstall or change a program. 

Glad you got it working!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No problem sir, it should be obvious that fellow gamers would help each other. Glad you got your problem resolved.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, aceshigh said:

Glad you got it working!

 

Thx. I think it may have had something to do with the Total Frontend 2K17 Bautista Edition #1 and #2.  That was the last mod I installed. The Overlay_static_preload.iff file from this mod (MLB Network) causes my game to crash to desktop after I pick teams to play. I loaded the default file, and it doesn't happen. Anyone else having problems with this mod?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0