Superstar players sitting in Free Agency because they're asking too much

Mets52

As title says, I have superstar players sitting in Free Agency because they're asking too much money. It's an immersion killer and even I can't sign them because I'd run out of funds. Is there a fix for this?

7 minutes ago, Mets52 said:

As title says, I have superstar players sitting in Free Agency because they're asking too much money. It's an immersion killer and even I can't sign them because I'd run out of funds. Is there a fix for this?

I feel your pain man. And welcome to the website.

What I would do is make them an offer they can not refuse and then give them 24 hours to think it over. If after that time they are still unreasonable, break their legs.

You can edit player contracts/salaries with Ty's Mvpedit, although he might carry a long face for the duration of his contract (angry face) ,but it will at least allow you to keep him on your roster.

Check the downloads/tools section.

I guess my problem is I don't want to really sign them, I almost see that as cheating. I want the other teams to sign them and fill their rosters, making more competitive game play. Regardless of team after 1 season you could have a team of all superstars. Not very fun. Also not very fun playing while they're all sitting in free agency.

In Madden for example there is an option to shut off salary cap. Is there a way to do this in MLB 2K12?

6 hours ago, Mets52 said:

I guess my problem is I don't want to really sign them, I almost see that as cheating. I want the other teams to sign them and fill their rosters, making more competitive game play. Regardless of team after 1 season you could have a team of all superstars. Not very fun. Also not very fun playing while they're all sitting in free agency.

In Madden for example there is an option to shut off salary cap. Is there a way to do this in MLB 2K12?

I don't think there is a way to turn off budget

What you could do is edit some of your players so that you can sign him then edit his salary so that you can trade him and then trade him to whoever you want. That's the only way I would no how to do it 

11 hours ago, Mets52 said:

Baseball does not have a salary cap.

10 minutes ago, Mets52 said:

I guess I was looking for an unlimited funds or something for the CPU controlled teams so they'd sign high OVR players. Looks like there's no way around this one, sucks. Thanks for the tips!

You mean something like artmoney? We can use that in Mvp.

I think you can edit the contracts of your current players to have them make less to free up some funds 

You could also do that for the CPU controlled teams and that should free some amount from their respective budgets.

Archived