MVP Baseball 2004

mrgoboom

Hi all,

I have an old copy of MVP Baseball 2004 floating around and I'd rather not spring the $120 CAD it'd take me to get a copy of MVP Baseball 2005.

How difficult would it be to get current active rosters and players into MVP Baseball 2004? Can mods from MVP Baseball 2005 be used? How would you recommend I do this?

I'm new here, so apologies if this doesn't conform to policies.

You cannot use MVP2005 files in MVP2004, so none of the MVP2005 mods will work for you.  To get the current active rosters and players into MVP2004, you would have to manually enter all of the players.  There is an MVP2004 editor that allows you to edit players in a dynasty, however, that is different the the MVP2005 utility MVPEdit, which allows you to create rosters, edit player attributes, assign portraits and player faces, etc.

Certain MVP2004 files (faces and uniforms) can be used in MVP2005, however, you can't necessarily use MVP2004 files in MVP2005.  The MVP game developers didn't put backward compatibility high up on their priority list during development of MVP2005.  I seem to recall that each time a new game came out, it took the tool modders here a few months to decode the file formats and create new tools.

Archived