MyPlayer - SP, pitches at the beginning

Dscout

Hey guys,

Hope this is the right section, just have a simple question. I'm starting a MyPlayer Career with a Starting Pitcher and I would like to have the maximum possible pitches at the beginning. I'm going through the options and I'm only able to pick 3 (one between fastball, 2seam and sinker, I think, and then two from all the others), but I could swear that the last time I played it (one year ago, maybe) I could pick 4, somehow... am I wrong, or is this really possible? I just can't remember how, but I'm almost certain I really started with 4 pitches lol.

I would appreciate if someone could enlight me. Thanks in advance!

1 hour ago, Dscout said:

Hey guys,

Hope this is the right section, just have a simple question. I'm starting a MyPlayer Career with a Starting Pitcher and I would like to have the maximum possible pitches at the beginning. I'm going through the options and I'm only able to pick 3 (one between fastball, 2seam and sinker, I think, and then two from all the others), but I could swear that the last time I played it (one year ago, maybe) I could pick 4, somehow... am I wrong, or is this really possible? I just can't remember how, but I'm almost certain I really started with 4 pitches lol.

I would appreciate if someone could enlight me. Thanks in advance!

No, the max number of pitches the game allowed me to pick is 3 as well. And you have to use a s**tload of points you buy a new pitch lol Maybe as a reliever/closer the game lets you have more? I have no clue though cause I never tried that

4 hours ago, aceshigh said:

No, the max number of pitches the game allowed me to pick is 3 as well. And you have to use a s**tload of points you buy a new pitch lol Maybe as a reliever/closer the game lets you have more? I have no clue though cause I never tried that

Okay then. To be honest, I still think I was able to start with 4 (messing with the tendency bar, the type of pitches or something like that; and was a Starter, btw), but oh well, wtv; couldn't find more info about it, this game is relatively old and not very talked about. Just started a new career, I'm going with 3 then

14 hours ago, Dscout said:

Okay then. To be honest, I still think I was able to start with 4 (messing with the tendency bar, the type of pitches or something like that; and was a Starter, btw), but oh well, wtv; couldn't find more info about it, this game is relatively old and not very talked about. Just started a new career, I'm going with 3 then

It happened to me once, I remember starting with 4 pitches (as a SP, too). I could not find out how to do it again, though.

Maybe playing around with the style of pitching (workhorse, allaround) can affect it some way or another. 

Sorry I can't be of any help, but it happened to me too!

5 hours ago, cecilhayes said:

It happened to me once, I remember starting with 4 pitches (as a SP, too). I could not find out how to do it again, though.

Maybe playing around with the style of pitching (workhorse, allaround) can affect it some way or another. 

Sorry I can't be of any help, but it happened to me too!

At least now I know I wasn't crazy! That's good enough help, thanks dude

I'm certain I was a workhorse, starter and southpaw (my favorite setup, basically); almost certain I had a 4seam, 2seam, cutter and sinker. Just can't remember how I did it, I was messing with tendencies stats, but don't know if that was the trigger. Or the height, weight, rookie difficulty, type of pitches... it's a shame this wasn't more discussed, couldn't find anything about it

Yea I just went through this.

I created a sp with the team leader choice. Go over to select the pitches and there is 4..

But if you change your 4th pitch in the wrong combination it disappears and you cannot select it again. I'm not sure what the wrong combo is.

What I did was choose my pitches first (in case my 4th pitch vanished) then I went back and edited my name and so on. And thus as of 2 days ago from today I have a sp with 4 pitches. 4 seam, cutter, slurve, circle change.

6 hours ago, Magnanimo said:

I created a sp with the team leader choice. Go over to select the pitches and there is 4..

But if you change your 4th pitch in the wrong combination it disappears and you cannot select it again. I'm not sure what the wrong combo is.

What I did was choose my pitches first (in case my 4th pitch vanished) then I went back and edited my name and so on. And thus as of 2 days ago from today I have a sp with 4 pitches. 4 seam, cutter, slurve, circle change.

Just tried that, no luck... Tried with the team leader, still 3 pitches. After that, also put all difficulties in Rookie, but it was still the same.

Maybe it's a mod thing? Are you using any? Last time I was able to have 4 pitches, I was using Total 2015 mod. Now, I'm just using a 2017 roster and Total Overlay 2017 Jose Bautista Edition. Don't know, this is a mystery lol

Yes I'm running a few mods. I do have the total 2015 conversion, as well as some 2016 mods on top of that. Could be the difference. 

Idk why 2k would only allow 3 pitches for a starter. I could see the limit for a relief but that is ridiculous for a starter. I also hate how they top out my fb speed to 90. I should be able to increase that there are guys in highschool that throw faster 

On ‎07‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 6:56 PM, Magnanimo said:

Yes I'm running a few mods. I do have the total 2015 conversion, as well as some 2016 mods on top of that. Could be the difference. 

Idk why 2k would only allow 3 pitches for a starter. I could see the limit for a relief but that is ridiculous for a starter. I also hate how they top out my fb speed to 90. I should be able to increase that there are guys in highschool that throw faster 

Guess that settles it, then. It probably has something to do with Total 2015 Mod. When I had it, it was easy to find those 4 pitches combinations, but right now, without it, it never once showed up after trying so many things. I'm convinced in the "base-version" of the game it's not possible.

At least I'm with "piece of mind", now, knowing that I really couldn't start with 4 pitches. And even though 2000 points for another pitch is a lot, with a couple of good games it's easy to get a new one, no prob.

Thanks once again!

Archived