Im putting up money and website support for the MLB 2k17 Mod

mlbelia

I am a big fan, and my friends , cousins, still enjoy this game very much. We love the PC version and even with it's flaws we have come accustom to it.

The great thing about this game is it really doesnt die out at all. It's like those nintendo games you can pop in still to this day and play it like its current.

So this is what I am offering to do.

For those great modders that have always worked on it...

Im going to one, create a website dedicated to the modding , that has updates donations, just a nice site people can visit that is dedicated to this game and its modding.

2nd I will donate 50$ to 100$ in total for modders. I will also have donations on the site as low as 50 cents and up to 50$

I am encouraging the modders to come aboard this train...

Also maybe the modders can create some sort of cool extra stuff for donaters that give in a certain amount. Like an extra stadium pack or something that can only be downloaded from people that have contributed.

I want to keep this alive because its still great game

If any modders are still here, please contact me.

What does everybody think?

Welcome to MVPMods!   :D

Your sentiments are very nice and much appreciated, but your idea will never work. None of the modders here have ever been willing to accept money for what is essentially a hobby done in our free time. And getting paid to do things upon request would be too time consuming, and will leave it open to multiple criticisms. Also, essentially your idea is to create an alternative to this website that offers similar content, assuming modders here joined your website and posted their work there free or otherwise. And where would you get your mods if nobody here joined your website? You would have to ask every modders permission for you to post their mods there otherwise you would cause a lot of trouble. There are at least two non-native "alternative" modding sites that are notorious for posting mods they find here to post there without permission.

Also, although nobody speaks about it out loud, the interest in modding for MVP and MLB2K has decreased pretty significantly, and most of the site traffic is new users asking or demanding for specific mods without taking into account the time and effort it takes to create one. I would encourage you and any of your family members or friends that still play either of these baseball games to join here to talk baseball, or even learn how to mod themselves. The more the merrier! I would also encourage all of you to donate to this website to keep this site running because server costs are expensive.

Scott BIlly

I totally understand that from the modders. That makes complete sense.

Oh and the website thing was not to control or gain any power. Just a nice little site dedicated to the modding, that is designed a little bit more in depth to show off modding progress. I wouldnt hold the modding hostage, the mods would be uploaded here or anywhere else just like always. Maybe it would be like an extension.

Agreed though, its tough to do because of decreased interest. Which makes me sad. I actually am trying to figure how to mod some things as well.

Thanks for the reply.

I feel a bit responsible for this post. I wasn't trying to say I'm decreasing my modding because of money. I love modding, but it's exhausting in many ways. My advice is if you love what someone does and they make original content, simply pm that person and ask if they have Paypal. If you have to choose or maybe you don't have a lot to offer - the site should come first because without the site there is no medium for the mods.  

Right on. Who knows when a pc baseball game will release, and when it does, this site should be here as a central hub for fans of the games and modding...just like it always has. Btw, Supermega Baseball 2 launches for pc in Sept. and while it looks a bit cartoony, it is a sim. Here's hoping its moddable!

29 minutes ago, ming said:

Right on. Who knows when a pc baseball game will release, and when it does, this site should be here as a central hub for fans of the games and modding...just like it always has. Btw, Supermega Baseball 2 launches for pc in Sept. and while it looks a bit cartoony, it is a sim. Here's hoping its moddable!

SMB is amazing

Archived