How to change faces without MVPedit

Gordo

Some of you guys want to install new cyberfaces, but don't want to, don't like or can't install MVPedit.   Here's all you need to do.

After you install the face pack, using TiT (Total Installer Thingy), simply open the "attrib.dat" file from the group of 19 .dat files in the roster pack.   I prefer to use WordPad.  Look for slot #10, which is for faces.  

In the first picture, in this sample for changing Difo's face, you'll notice his generic cyberface number is 909 (the game uses 901-915 for default generic faces).   Simply highlight 909 and input the proper official cyberface ID now assigned to Difo, 898.

Close and save.  It's that simple.

changeface1.jpg

changeface2.jpg

I think you almost have to, Muller.  I've tried to make manager changes through MVPedit and they don't seem to stick for some reason.  Have to be done in that file and then imported back into MVPedit.

On ‎06‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 6:34 PM, Fiebre said:

Thanks Laroquece, and great job keeping the community updated with the teams transactions.

No problem amigo, I´ll keep doing this so guys like Gordo (who is doing a tremendous job), keep making this great MLB rosters. 

Huge help of course.   I can't imagine trying to keep up with minor leagues as well.  It would take up all of my time and the problem with the minor leagues is they often have rosters  >25, then I would have to research who plays the most.  It's just not worth the time.

I'll try at the end of the year roster to make sure the 40 man roster is fairly complete.  The problem with that is what I'll do is include the longest service a player gave to the organization throughout the season.  Sometimes with that, if a player gets a major injury toward the end of the year, he is off the 40 man roster, but I'll keep him since he played most of the year (find this mostly with pitchers, like Shoemaker on the LAA).  I will take a look at the high end and low end of the stats for batters and pitchers and make necessary adjustments at that time.  What I've learned in the past is that  player can be hot all year and then suddenly cool off in the last month to month and a half and change the batting attributes altogether.  Therefore, there's no sense to make adjustments in the middle of the year, only to have them to down.  I suppose I could only include the stats for the year, but that would mean going through every single player on the 25 man roster and adjusting them.  That's not going to happen.

Very happy with the contribution of the community overall this year.  I would say the only thing "missing" is the Astros ballpark since they took away the hill.  I'm not sure you can simply put a fence there though.  The ball is still going to roll up that hill I would assume.

Archived