Controllers question

tinpanalley

My attempts at getting my 360 wireless controller to work are proving fruitless. X refuses to be anything other than the substitutions pop up. I've edited the controls in-game and I've read that controller.cfg thread and edit the config file myself repeatedly this week after having failed a couple of years ago. I don't know what it is those of you have for whom it works, but I clearly have some other variation of the controller. That being said, I can't try those XBCD drivers for the controller after the MS ones because all links to the XBCD drivers are dead.

My question is, does anyone know of a wireless controller that works at a far distance for this game? When I play PC games on my television, my desktop isn't in direct site of the controller. It works perfectly with the 360 controller, but I keep reading that the wireless Logitech for example has no range. Is there some other way to just take a wired controller and give it a really long USB extension? (It would have to be about 4-5 metres).

Thanks. If anyone thinks they can get my 360 controller working that would be awesome.

Ok, just wanted to say that I FINALLY got the 360 controller to work without the XBCD drivers, just a straight up 360 controller installed as normal with MS drivers. It was a post in here that gave me the exact instructions. Because of how hard I looked to get this done, I'll gladly help anyone out who needs help with this.  I'll even hand you my config file.
If I'm the last person on earth that didn't know how to get this to work, well, then so be it. :lol:

Archived