Need advice on recommended order of work

tinpanalley

A lot of you have different expertise in different areas of modding MVP so I'm reading a lot but I'm unclear on the flow of the different elements I want to work on. I'm trying to put together a group of 6 teams, non-MLB so previous faces, rosters, etc are of no use to me. I want to make uniforms, rosters with ratings, portraits but generic faces, if I could tie some names to announcer names then great, if not then "up to bat, the shortstop" is fine with me. In what order should I work on this? Make rosters on top of some existing team first? Do the artwork first? Any thoughts would be really helpful, feeling a bit lost here.

When I downloaded MVP 2015 and installed it, it originally kept crashing. I tried various methods to fix it and finally did so by removing the audio and replacing all audio files with the vanilla version. Most players are not announced, but it works well for me. I am currently watching every game and am in mid June of MVP 2015. If there is no audio name for a player, Keiper and Krukow say generic things like "This guy's a good hitter" or "he's pitched 42 innings so far this year and hitters are having moderate success against him with an average of .256" or "left handed pitchers won't be worried too much about this guy" etc.

As for the order, I am uncertain what is best. I guess you should try to change one team at a time. Are you doing the CanAm League? That would be awesome.

PS: I used to live in QC several years ago. I lived in Limoilou and then St Foy. Beautiful City! Miss it a lot.

Salut et Bonne Chance!

I was also able to pick up the Yankees games on WCBS i believe it was, on my car stereo up on the hill in Charlesbourg!

Yeah, I just feel like without the proper experience working on a whole team, it could all just fail so I want to see something work right away, so I thought I'd do a couple of uniforms on a few AL teams. But then I thought, if I can't get the teams to work with my players in the game, the uniform won't matter at all so I thought starting out by creating a playable roster of players, even on an MLB team would be great. Just have to figure out how to edit completely new players into a roster. Create new players? Modify existing ones? A lot of the threads here are old and confusing.

Archived