MVP: Crashes w/ certain mods, while others work perfectly. What gives?

chaka1959

Hello All - I am writing because some mods I have installed over the years have worked perfectly (MVP 07 & 15, Total Classics 1974 & 1978), while others (specifically Total Classics 1975 & 1977) crash before the game can even load up. Each time I add a mod I delete all MVP files and do a clean install of MVP 05 beforehand. My question is: is there anything specific to those two mods that can create these kind of crashes/glitches, or is there something else I'm missing here? This happened again today when installing TC 1977.

I have Windows 7 Home Premium. Happy to provide more info.

Thank you in advance!

Thank you for the tip/tutorials, and i followed many of these instructions. But I seem to still have problems. Though I got the 1978 mod to load, I'm still seeing 2005 uniforms and 2005 player names/pictures when you look at your rosters or try to make trades. When you play a game, however, you get the 1978 players. Any thoughts on this?

10 minutes ago, chaka1959 said:

Thank you for the tip/tutorials, and i followed many of these instructions. But I seem to still have problems. Though I got the 1978 mod to load, I'm still seeing 2005 uniforms and 2005 player names/pictures when you look at your rosters or try to make trades. When you play a game, however, you get the 1978 players. Any thoughts on this?

Yeah. You did it wrong. If you followed my instructions exactly as it you would not  have had these problems. You need multiple installs of Mvp '05 to have these additional seasons.

On 10/8/2017 at 7:03 AM, chaka1959 said:

What I did is:

1. Perform a clean install of MVP 2005

2. Make a copy of this folder

3. Every time you look to install a new mod, make a copy of the above folder, and install it into that new instance.

That's why I have like a dozen different folders for the various mods at this point.

Archived