Welcome to MVP Mods

Welcome to MVP Mods, like most online communities, you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry, this is a simple, completely free process that requires just some information from you to signup. Be a part of MVP Mods by signing in or creating an account.

• Get access to over 8,000 modifications for MVP, MLB 2K and High Heat Baseball FOR FREE!
  • Become an amazing part of our online community to discuss baseball!
  • Participate in the Shoutbox on our front page!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
chaka1959

MVP: Crashes w/ certain mods, while others work perfectly. What gives?

9 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Hello All - I am writing because some mods I have installed over the years have worked perfectly (MVP 07 & 15, Total Classics 1974 & 1978), while others (specifically Total Classics 1975 & 1977) crash before the game can even load up. Each time I add a mod I delete all MVP files and do a clean install of MVP 05 beforehand. My question is: is there anything specific to those two mods that can create these kind of crashes/glitches, or is there something else I'm missing here? This happened again today when installing TC 1977.

I have Windows 7 Home Premium. Happy to provide more info.

Thank you in advance!

Edited by chaka1959

There is a thread that I made many years ago that shows you the right way to install multiple season mods. It is in the tutorials section.

Thank you for the tip. I'll dig into that tonight...

Thank you for the tip/tutorials, and i followed many of these instructions. But I seem to still have problems. Though I got the 1978 mod to load, I'm still seeing 2005 uniforms and 2005 player names/pictures when you look at your rosters or try to make trades. When you play a game, however, you get the 1978 players. Any thoughts on this?

10 minutes ago, chaka1959 said:

Thank you for the tip/tutorials, and i followed many of these instructions. But I seem to still have problems. Though I got the 1978 mod to load, I'm still seeing 2005 uniforms and 2005 player names/pictures when you look at your rosters or try to make trades. When you play a game, however, you get the 1978 players. Any thoughts on this?

Yeah. You did it wrong. If you followed my instructions exactly as it you would not  have had these problems. You need multiple installs of Mvp '05 to have these additional seasons.

On 10/8/2017 at 7:03 AM, chaka1959 said:

What I did is:

1. Perform a clean install of MVP 2005

2. Make a copy of this folder

3. Every time you look to install a new mod, make a copy of the above folder, and install it into that new instance.

That's why I have like a dozen different folders for the various mods at this point.

After the clean install, you must patch with official patch #3.

You can get by with patch #2 (at least for the TC mods I released).  That's the only patch I installed. 

Also, you won't see some uniforms without a profile that unlocks all uniforms. 

Sorry, I though patch 3 included some type of bug fix and wasn't just a roster update ... is that wrong?