MVP05 - Adding teams to existing leagues

BallFour

Hey all. I'm not at home right now, so I was hoping someone could do a test for me. I was wondering if the Legends and Heroes teams can be added to the American and National leagues in order to be used as expansion teams. If MLB does indeed expand to 32 teams, it would obsolete MVP05, but I was thinking that might be a decent workaround. I'm currently at work, but if someone with the know-how can try that out, I'd love to know if you can play a dynasty mode with the Heroes or Legends in the AL/NL.

For those that want to try but don't know how, basically  it'd be changing the league and division for the Heroes and Legends. They might not have a minor league system, but if it works, it'll at least be a workaround.

While expansion is still years off, I think it would be fun to bring back the Expos in the NL East without ditching the Nationals and add a Portland stadium as someone posted a fictional stadium for d/l the other day. The rosters could be filled with free agents. But given what is said here, it seems a 30 team limit is hard coded into the game. 

I remember this being the problem with WS 98 when it came out and the Devil Rays came into the league.  You could play with them but not in league play. 

What you could do minimally for exhibition play is Single A teams be damned and put the 2 new teams in 2 of their slots.   Also if thats done, you can still set up playoffs properly if 1 or both of those teams are desired as the playoff creator lets you pick any team at any organizational level. 

Archived