Logitech controller identification issue

tinpanalley

Just a question for any of you who might use the logitech controllers wireless or wired. Apparently there is a whole thing about them being identified as "Logitech Rumblepad" or "Gamepad F710" and "Gamepad F310" depending on whether you're wireless or wired.

Then there is another issue I see all the time which is that upon plugging it in, Windows sees it but then doesn't when the game is loaded. I have to run MVP or any other game, then exit out and run again. Only then does it see the controller. There is clearly a confusion between what it is I'm plugging in, an F710 or a Rumblepad. Can anyone shed any light on this?

Thanks!

Have you configured the controller settings in both Windows and inside the game ?

I'm using the 310 so the "vibration" option is greyed out but other than that never experienced any big issues. There is a switch under the pad that toggles analog mode. I know your pad might be not responding if it is triggered. Same thing with the turbo switch on top of the pad. Make sure it is off.

Thanks, guys.

4 hours ago, Schordese said:

Have you configured the controller settings in both Windows and inside the game ?

I'm using the 310 so the "vibration" option is greyed out but other than that never experienced any big issues. There is a switch under the pad that toggles analog mode. I know your pad might be not responding if it is triggered. Same thing with the turbo switch on top of the pad. Make sure it is off.

Actually, I didn't even know about that. Where do you configure the controller in Windows? I thought it was plug and play? And how do you configure it in Windows for a specific game? Mine has no turbo switch and I don't know what triggered means.

2 hours ago, BallFour said:

I use the F310 as well. If you install it in windows, you can just do a search for it on Google and download the controller drivers. Once I did that, I no longer had issues.

Does the driver for Logitech controllers have a special name or something? I see nothing that actually says "driver" on their site for my 710.

4 minutes ago, BallFour said:

http://support.logitech.com/en_us/product/wireless-gamepad-f710/downloads

Maybe this link will help? It's the Gaming Software that helps with driver connectivity.

Oh, so that Gaming Software is the drivers? I thought that was some program that helped you make specific command button maps for games or something.

36 minutes ago, tinpanalley said:

Oh, so that Gaming Software is the drivers? I thought that was some program that helped you make specific command button maps for games or something.

I believe it's both. All I know is that I was having issues with connectivity as well, and installing that solved the problem.

12 hours ago, Schordese said:

Try BallFour's solution first to see if it works, he's more savy than I so that might resolve the issue. 

There is a little switch underneath the gamepad as well which can be toggled between "X" and "D". Make sure it's on the "D" tab.

YES. That too. I forgot all about that. 

On 24/11/2017 at 7:43 PM, BallFour said:

YES. That too. I forgot all about that. 

Yeah, I only have this controller for direct input (D). So, I dont play with the switch at all. But it's entirely possible that that software IS necessary depite the fact that Logitech makes it sound optional. Logitech is well known for being a mess when it comes to installing their hardware. Some plug and play perfectly, others get worse with the software, others IRQ and IO port problems, others NEED the software to behave normal but as a general rule, they cause more problems than not, so you usually just let them install themselves. But Ill install the software later on.

6 hours ago, Schordese said:

Try configuring the pad in Windows through the configuration panel / (controllers and devices) and see if it is recognized by your computer first. 

It is recognised, but at first it sees F710 and then it disconnects and when it reconnects it becomes a wireless rumblepad. And no matter what I do, I always have to exit the game, reload it for it to recognise it at ALL, with ANY name. I'll try installing that driver software and see what happens.

Archived