Menu screen text changing

tinpanalley

I've got MVP 2015 installed but I'm really not liking all the rewording of the menu options. I get it, they're less boring than the originals but I need things to be more clear. Can someone explain to me how I get back the originals or what I need to look for to install something like what I want?
Thanks!

On 08/12/2017 at 11:51 PM, BallFour said:

You'll have to use the LocLook program and open up the FEENG.loc file. You can edit everything that appears in the menus there.

What does IGENG do? Does that not also need to be edited?
Am I better off just using what was in MVP15 and editing back the menu options to default? The thing is I've noticed that a LOT of stadiums, leagues, etc were changed for the MVP2015 mod. Are there photos or a list somewhere of what the text was in the stock game in every menu?

There are some crazy resources on this site for stock elements of the game. Is there any chance someone has a list of the entire contents of IGENG and FEENG? I want to take a bunch of menu options in MVP15 back to the more generic phrasing of the stock game. But LocLook won't open two versions and going back and forth from the game to Windows is a pain.

2 hours ago, Gordo said:

What I did when I changed them was wrote down from within the game what I wanted to change and then opened the file to change in LocLook.  I doubt anyone is going to have what you want.

Right. That's exactly what I wanna do to the menu options. But obviously the updates in the mod are dependent on teams and stadiums being named certain things and you can't mess with that. It really is only the menus of Dynasty Mode and the Main Menus that I want to change.

Oh, I forgot about those.
Two things I never understood...

1. What actually gets improved or worsened when talking to your pitcher?
2. What is the point of arguing a call? It's an instant ejection. Is there any way to NOT get ejected? And even then, does it even make any difference?

1 hour ago, zybot said:

I've never noticed an argued call reverse a call in game. I don't know if it is possible, but who knows. I saw a PC vs PC triple play a couple of days ago! This game still surprises me :)

Well calls can't be reversed in baseball so it doesn't surprise me but I don't understand the purpose of having it in at all other than as some placebo "getting it off your chest" button that is going to leave you without managerial options which is also dumb because you'd also supposedly play as your assistant coach in the game, wouldn't you? Oh well, just weirdly pointless that's all.

It can give your team a momentum boost or have the opposite effect. Not sure how it is translated in the game though.  The opposing pitcher might struggle on the mound or maybe they will make more fielding errors. Or maybe your contact/power ratings change during that timeframe, I'll have to check it out.

With variable stuff "ON" , you might play a game where the referees are making terrible calls. After giving shit to the umps, you might hear " No surprise to see the mgr coming out of the dugout" which would suggest you were right to do so. Sometimes the players will rally behind the coach's decision or you'll get the opposite occur and hear " the players look lost without their skipper".

But I have yet to determine what are the actual changes inside the game. I'm pretty sure I've both won and lost games regardless of the supposed momentum shift. Still, I always get a kick out of giving hell to the umps when things don't go my way...

Archived