New to this forum

JSamuel

I just installed MLB 2K12 for the first time, and I just discovered this community.

I want to get the game on my PC "up to date" so to speak, but I don't know where or how to begin.   There seem to be hundreds of rosters available, plus portraits, cyberfaces, stadiums, etc.

Where should I start?

Thanks,

JSamuel

You're gonna get told to search before asking. It's not to be mean, it's just that there is a lot of info but it's almost impossible to tell people, DO THIS, because everyone has different ideas of what works best. In some cases, there is only one file for something. But in others there are several options. We all just try them and find our favourites. But you gotta dig around a bit. Try things. Trust me, it's slow but it's the best way to learn.
That being said, had you searched a bit you'd have probably come across my post about updating so here is what I laid out as the way I got to 2017. Have a read through that.

23 hours ago, tinpanalley said:

You're gonna get told to search before asking. It's not to be mean, it's just that there is a lot of info but it's almost impossible to tell people, DO THIS, because everyone has different ideas of what works best. In some cases, there is only one file for something. But in others there are several options. We all just try them and find our favourites. But you gotta dig around a bit. Try things. Trust me, it's slow but it's the best way to learn.
That being said, had you searched a bit you'd have probably come across my post about updating so here is what I laid out as the way I got to 2017. Have a read through that.

Thank you for your reply and the link to your post.   I will definitely use that; it's just what I was looking for.

Also, I apologize for posting this question.   I had looked around in the downloads section a little, but I wanted an outside, experienced opinion on how best to go about choosing and installing modifications.   I will remember the search bar and try to use it more often in the future.

Thanks again,

Samuel

15 hours ago, JSamuel said:

Thank you for your reply and the link to your post.   I will definitely use that; it's just what I was looking for.

Also, I apologize for posting this question.   I had looked around in the downloads section a little, but I wanted an outside, experienced opinion on how best to go about choosing and installing modifications.   I will remember the search bar and try to use it more often in the future.

Thanks again,

Samuel

Hey, no problem, you don't have to apologise. I'm not a moderator here so I have no right to enforce anything. Just some friendly advice about how to look around for stuff. I prefer to search via a search engine by including the url. Far more effective for me.

Archived