Official Sliders Thread

Trues

SpunGuns Allstar Sliders v.03(Tweaked by Gameguy493)

|| --> Settings <-- ||

All-Star Difficulty

Hot/Cold Zones: OFF

Strike Zone: ON

Pitch Cursor: OFF

Hitters Eye: ON

User Pitch Meter Difficulty: -50

Pitch Speed: 0

CPU Pitcher Ball Rate: 10(13)

User Pitcher Fatigue: -4(-8)

CPU Pitcher Fatigue: -2(-6)

User Pitch Control: -35(-37)

CPU Pitch Control: -10

Bullpen Fatigue Rate: 0

Bullpen Fatigue Grace: 0

User Batting Contact: -3

CPU Batting Contact: 10(12)

User Batting Power: 3

CPU Batting Power: 8(10)

User Bunting Ability: 12

CPU Bunting Ability: 12

User Foul Ball Frequency: 50

CPU Foul Ball Frequency: 50

CPU Swing Frequency: -27

User Outfielder Speed: -5

CPU Outfielder Speed: -5

User Infielder Speed: -3

CPU Infielder Speed: -3

User Throw Speed: -1

CPU Throw Speed: -3

User Throw Accuracy: -8

CPU Throw Accuracy: -8

User Catch Errors: 15

CPU Catch Errors: 13

User Dive Difficulty: 8

CPU Catch Effort: 8

User Baserunning Speed: 0

CPU Baserunning Speed: 0

User Runner Aggression: 3

CPU Runner Aggression: 3

User Runner Steal Speed: 4

CPU Runner Steal Speed: 0

User Runner Steal Delay: -12

CPU Runner Steal Delay: 0

CPU Steal Rate: 5

Runner Injury Freq: 3

Pitcher Injury Freq: 5

Batter Injury Freq: 2

Fielder Injury Freq: 5

thanks

Sorry for bumping this "old" thread, but I just migrated to All-Star difficulty.

I just tried these sliders and they worked all right. But I got only 2 hits while the CPU got 11. The Blue Jays pitcher was throwing a no-hitter until I hit two singles in the top of the ninth. Plus, I only got 3 K's the whole game while the CPU struck me out 7 times.

I'm also using trues datafile, but which one should I choose? The default pitch meter or the hard one? User Pitch Meter Difficulty: -50 with the hard one looks pretty impossible to play.

I think the CPU still swings too much. I rarely walk guys because they just don't wait. Except when I HBP with cutters and sliders...

Anyway, I just wanted some advices and say thanks.

So, thanks! B)

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for responding, daflyboys.

Wow, those sliders seems extremely hard. -50 Contact and +50 Power? It's like Mark Reynolds, Adam Dunn and Ryan Howard's mentality. HR or K :D

EDIT: You think these sliders (MD) will increase extra-base hits?

EDIT 2: Could you, please, post here one of your player's stats?

Thanks!

Edited by bigpapifan

Well, I have trouble hit HR's, but I tweaked MD's datafile further as well. Honestly, though I haven't had much time to do offline stuff in a while since the online stuff, among other things, takes my time up. I think I read somewhere in the past that MD"s sliders help with momentum, so if you are struggling, but can then string together a few hits, you can rally (but so can the cpu). I attached box scores from a season I started a while ago. I can't say that these sliders are exactly what I used, but are ballpark. You can see the variety.

PHI1.zip

Sure thing. I went back and looked at them and again, no HR's for me, but the pitch counts are pretty realistic. I may have tweaked rosters for a few things, but I go back and forth with that. Since I found the datafile fix thread on where the power tweaks are, I've been playing around with that for both offline and on. One roster tweak I really like is the take offspeed pitches vs. lefties (combined with the cpu swing slider at -50).

It bugged me a little bit the delay between the pitches. Let's see if I can adjust myself to that.

One thing, though: Looking at those three games from the box score you showed me, Braves @ Phillies, you had a total of 26 hits, you had just one x-base hit (2B with Jason Werth).

I'm really struggling to play at All-Star difficulty, so I don't think I'll do well at all with those sliders but I'll give it a try.

It bugged me a little bit the delay between the pitches. Let's see if I can adjust myself to that.

One thing, though: Looking at those three games from the box score you showed me, Braves @ Phillies, you had a total of 26 hits, you had just one x-base hit (2B with Jason Werth).

I'm really struggling to play at All-Star difficulty, so I don't think I'll do well at all with those sliders but I'll give it a try.

In fact, that's one of the things that bugs me the most: the pitch count. It's so rare to have a realistic pitch count in my games, 80 pitch complete game, that sucks.

Anyway, this weekend I'll try these sliders you sent me, and hope to have good results :)

Hey daflyboys, I think I solved my problem with extra-base hits!

I'm using Trues datafile (Angled + default difficulty), playing at All-star level, and using some combination of sliders. The big reason why I wasn't getting extra-base hits was because of the speed of the outfielders. I had changed the sliders the other way (CPU OF Speed: +25, when I was supposed to put -25). So, every time I hit a ball to the outfield, the Super Fast OF always caught the ball.

I'm still tweaking, so I'll be posting here the results. ^_^

Man, you're right. I just played a game with MD datafile (v 3.1) and the cameras look so nice.

I'm gonna try Hoop27's sliders and see how it goes. Maybe I'll tweak a little bit :p

Hoop27's PRO/ALLSTAR Sliders with the MVP 07 mod V3.0 (Kumala's updated datafile)

another datafile another update

User Pitch Meter Difficulty: 50

Pitch Speed: -5

CPU Pitcher Ball Rate: 19

User Pitcher Fatigue: -2

CPU Pitcher Fatigue: 5

User Pitch Control: -40

CPU Pitch Control: -25

Bullpen Fatigue Rate: 0

Bullpen Fatigue Grace: 0

User Batting Contact: 15

CPU Batting Contact: 15

User Batting Power: 15

CPU Batting Power: 20

User Bunting Ability: 5

CPU Bunting Ability: 5

CPU Swing Frequency: -28

User OF Speed (Manual & MVP): -15

CPU OF Speed: -15

User IF Speed (Manual & MVP): -10

CPU IF Speed: -10

User Throw Speed: 0

CPU Throw Speed: -0

User Throw Accuracy: -5

CPU Throw Accuracy: -5

User Catch Errors: 10

CPU Catch Errors: 25

User Dive Difficulty: 0

CPU Catch Effort: -15

User Baserunning Speed: 0

CPU Baserunning Speed: 0

User Runner Aggression: 0

CPU Runner Aggression: -7

User Runner Steal Speed: -2

CPU Runner Steal Speed: -2

User Runner Steal Delay: -8

CPU Runner Steal Delay: -8

CPU Steal Rate: 0

Runner Injury Frequency: 0

Pitcher Injury Frequency: 0

Batter Injury Frequency: 0

Fielder Injury Frequency: 0

Pitching MG Difference: 0

Here's my latest ALL-STAR tweak. I didn't like the fact that extra base hits weren't happening. It might look as if the user contact/power are too high, but with the pitch speed as it is, it makes it tough to time good pitchers. This pitch speed seems pretty realistic considering that a 91 mph fast ball goes from finger tips to bat in under 1/2 sec. The attached box score is my latest example with these settings. Both teams' aces pitched. 15 total hits, 5 xtra basehits, including 3 by me. I was pretty satisfied.

User Pitch Meter Difficulty: 5

Pitch Speed: 25

CPU Pitcher Ball Rate: 5

User Pitcher Fatigue: -40

CPU Pitcher Fatigue: -10

User Pitch Control: -25

CPU Pitch Control: -20

Bullpen Fatigue Rate: -20 (but your choice on how much you want to watch this)

Bullpen Fatigue Grace: 10 (but your choice on how much you want to watch this)

User Batting Contact: 15

CPU Batting Contact: -47

User Batting Power: 40

CPU Batting Power: -42

User Bunting Ability: -10

CPU Bunting Ability: -5

CPU Swing Frequency: -50

User OF Speed (Manual & MVP): -4

CPU OF Speed: -23

User IF Speed (Manual & MVP): -5

CPU IF Speed: -10

User Throw Speed: 0

CPU Throw Speed: 0

User Throw Accuracy: -25

CPU Throw Accuracy: -25

User Catch Errors: 25

CPU Catch Errors: 25

User Dive Difficulty: -10

CPU Catch Effort: -15

User Baserunning Speed: 1

CPU Baserunning Speed: -3

User Runner Aggression: 5

CPU Runner Aggression: -12

User Runner Steal Speed: 3

CPU Runner Steal Speed: -2

User Runner Steal Delay: -7

CPU Runner Steal Delay: -5

CPU Steal Rate: 15

Runner Injury Frequency: 0

Pitcher Injury Frequency: 4

Batter Injury Frequency: 4

Fielder Injury Frequency: 6

Pitching MG Difference: user choice

PHI6.zip

I liked this set of sliders. I'm using one similar to this. But I don't play well enough to use the Pitch Meter Difficulty at +5. I'm using +50 and it hasn't been easy.

Overall, I use different values:

* User pitcher fatigue: a little less than 0, because I still think the CPU batters aren't patient enough, so if I keep pitching within the K zone, I'll have a complete game fairly often.

* Bullpen values I put a little bit higher, because I like to keep the pitchers warming for a longer period.

* User Bunting Ability at -10? I suck so bad trying to bunt that it's embarrassing. I'm currently using +12 in User bunt ability.

* User Runner Steal Delay, for me, has too be at least -30. Otherwise I'll be thrown out 9 times out of 10. I suck at stealing bases.

* Injuries: OFF! I got so pissed off with constant injuries in my dynasty that it drove me crazy. I played with the Red Sox, and Jason Varitek got injured 4 times in the same season. Torn ACL (60 days) + Ribcage (2 weeks) + Minor torn ACL (2 weeks) + Ribcage again (How about another 2 weeks?). He missed a ton of games, and finished with miserable stats. So, no more injuries for me!

Maybe I'll some of the values that you posted here, since I'm getting used to play with MD datafile. Gotta say: I'm lovin' it :D

Thanks for the tips!

Edited by bigpapifan

I liked this set of sliders. I'm using one similar to this. But I don't play well enough to use the Pitch Meter Difficulty at +5. I'm using +50 and it hasn't been easy.

Overall, I use different values:

* User pitcher fatigue: a little less than 0, because I still think the CPU batters aren't patient enough, so if I keep pitching within the K zone, I'll have a complete game fairly often.

* Bullpen values I put a little bit higher, because I like to keep the pitchers warming for a longer period.

* User Bunting Ability at -10? I suck so bad trying to bunt that it's embarrassing. I'm currently using +12 in User bunt ability.

* User Runner Steal Delay, for me, has too be at least -30. Otherwise I'll be thrown out 9 times out of 10. I suck at stealing bases.

* Injuries: OFF! I got so pissed off with constant injuries in my dynasty that it drove me crazy. I played with the Red Sox, and Jason Varitek got injured 4 times in the same season. Torn ACL (60 days) + Ribcage (2 weeks) + Minor torn ACL (2 weeks) + Ribcage again (How about another 2 weeks?). He missed a ton of games, and finished with miserable stats. So, no more injuries for me!

Maybe I'll some of the values that you posted here, since I'm getting used to play with MD datafile. Gotta say: I'm lovin' it :D

Thanks for the tips!

One question, daflyboys:

Pickoff return? Manual or automatic? I've always used automatic, but started to play with manual return. Damn, it's tough! hahahaha

Ya, you really have to tweak to what fits for you, which is the beauty of the game. Some games only look like they have functional sliders, but they suck.

Yes, pickoff on automatic. Manual is brutal! Also, I think there's some type of glitch that has even the best runners hesitate with only the primary lead and get picked way too often. Therefore, I turned pickoff attempts down something like 75%. Both the cpu and u can get picks, but I think it's much more realistic frequency wise.

How you likin' the new text?

The thing I like about the current numbers for pitch delay is that some pitchers will work faster than others.... some will even quick pitch you, especially relievers.

But here are the lines you'd need to modify:

Change the data for 10-14 to increase or decrease time between pitches. Example: 10 CUSameBatter_NoRunners (CU stands for computer/user). Increasing the value of 10 will increase the time between pitches in situations where there are no runners on base. Same goes for 11-14. (Hint: search for 0xae9307b4 54<pitcher>

MY CURRENT LINES (2009):

0xae9307b4 54<pitcher>;0 0.20;1 150;2 50;3 ;4 1.00;5 2.00;6 1.25;7 2.00;8 2.00;9 ;10 5.15;11 6.00;12 5.50;13 6.50;14 6.00

Yeah, I noticed last night the difference between the timing of the pitchers. It's kinda cool.

So, is there any way to chance the timing between MY pitches? I think the pitch cursor takes a lot of time to show up and I like to pitch in a faster pace, kinda like Mark Buehrle. But with the currently delay between my pitches, it feels like I'm Josh Beckett, staring at the hitters for a long time instead of just throwing.

Thanks!