Something Weird Just Happened

qpontiac

OK, I've been using "Real Baseball System 0.3" for a couple weeks with no problems at all, and I've been doing some tweaking with MVPEdit. Well, I learned about how I can export a team, so I fooled around, exported the Giants to a .met file, and tested it on the default rosters to see if it worked, and tried to play a game. Well, at first, I got into the game, and right before the first pitch, the game crashed with a .exe error occured. At that point, I noticed that when I looked at the .met file I exported, then imported, Schimdt was listed as SP2 (in MVPEdit), and Tomko was SP2, so I tried to fix it, but everytime I tried to play a game, it crashed to a .exe error.

I then tried to just see what would happened if I loaded up the EA Default rosters, but same .exe crash...I then re-installed the game, but still got the error. Now I had to delete the entire EA Sports folder from my computer, and at least I can play now, but that is sort of freaky...

Does anyone know what I did wrong here?

OK, well it had to have something to do with when I tried to import/export the team file...

My question though is do you think this is a probem specific with the RealBaseball2005 0.3 mod, or did I do something stupid...

Sorry if in my newbness this makes zero sense

It could be something you did, or the mod. Considering the mod is at 0.3, it certainly may contain some bugs he hasn't found yet. It's hard to say, just yet.

That's just the nature of the game when modding, so I hope you don't get frsutrated and quit. Modding can be very irritating at times, yet very rewarding once May rolls around and everybody has everything tweaked, and working.

So, keep at it...

8)

Archived