I will only say this once.

llcmac

Do not use anyone from HypnoxXx and my rosters. We have not given you permission. Only one person is allowed to use my rosters to his benefit, and that is JackCasper because he has shared so much of his information with me.

I will not name anyone for the simple fact that this is a warning. We have found a roster which has not one, not two, but most of the players in the minors for an organization copied.

Unless given permission by myself or HypnoxXx do not use our players. Some people have made whole teams for us, and you must ask permission for their teams also.

This is a warning, if in your next release these players are still the same, we will take the next step.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

and....................

dude...he has every right to be pissed, and it SHOULD be common knowledge because basically it is plagerism, but obviously it isn't.

Hey, I only mod for my personal use because I suck, but if I was good, and someone claimed my work as theirs...Pompei I would be

I know where you're coming from llcmac, because the same thing happened to me lasy year with someone taking my work, but it's kinda hard to blame someone because all the rosters are sort of the same. For example, if you look at a MLB Major League team you see a 40 man rosters, well of course people that you don't put on MLB will go to AAA. So like I said before, I know were you're coming from, but you really can't blame anyone.

I think he should be commended for doing it the right way (not calling the guy out), and just PM Y4L, so they can look at it together...I hear where you're coming from fanatik, but still there had to have been something blatant....

I think he should be commended for doing it the right way (not calling the guy out), and just PM Y4L, so they can look at it together...I hear where you're coming from fanatik, but still there had to have been something blatant....

True, see what I do with my rosters is that I include my name on a team rosters, so then I know if someone's using my rosters, because I have proof with my name on it.

That's true, and the people that would know the rosters better than anyone would be llcmac and Hynotxxx, pardon the spelling. There had to be a red flag somewhere that got llcmac's attention.

I will not name anyone for the simple fact that this is a warning. We have found a roster which has not one, not two, but most of the players in the minors for an organization copied.

Thats simple not fair too all the hard u put in.To have someone rip it off is simply disrespectful.

Yes, They are very good rosters. In my book credit to the originator is always a first. If some only knew the time and sheer effort it takes, They have jobs, school, most have families and then to take the time to do roster!!!! Go figure, some worm(s) would rip them off and take credit. My eyes will always be open to things like that, and Im sure Im not the only one. So fools be warned.

ALWAYS put a tag in to make sure you know...I've had TotalMinors ripped off more times than I could count through the years (including from someone I used to develop with) and always put a couple of flags in there so I can tell if someone takes my work.

Unforunately, you need to guard your work.

GH

I realize that what I am about to say will probably be unpopular. However, I am still going to say it.

YOU HAVE TO BE KIDDING ME!

First of all, these are ROSTERS - not some national secret. What good does it do if you horde your roster and don't let others use them? I mean, you are getting the benefit out of using them. Why not let others use them as well. As far as getting credit for making them, don't you have other, more important things to be proud of in your life? Your post is unnecessarily threatening and comes off bitter and cantankerous.

Second, what would the "next step" be? I am just curious. The people claiming your rosters have not made any money off of them have they? If they are not selling your work then the best you could do would be to get a preliminary injunction against their use. That would cost you around $1,000 in attorney and court costs. Then you would have to locate and serve process on the culprits. Then, if you get through all of that, you would have to spend time in court (i.e., days of from work, school or time with your honey). Worst of all, even if you were able to recover a judgment against someone who stole your copyrighted work, you would never be able to collect due to insolvency. Over 90% of all defendants in America are totally judgment-proff.

In the end, aren't you getting credit off of all the work EA has done to code and release the game? If anyone has a claim here it would be EA. If you were to code, publish and distribute your own game, then you would have a leg to stand on. Those costs are legally recoverable because they can be documented. The lesiure time you spend modding a video game developed and released by someone else would never give you standing to sue someone who is doing the same thing as you.

My purpose in writing this is not to slam anyone or throw anyone under the bus. Also, I understand that you might be ticked by someone who is sad enough to pass off your work as their own. But, I just want to point out that this is just not that serious. I lurk in here and watch you all get so upset and riled up over this video game. I play games to relax. We should all take a step back and realize what we are doing and saying. Most of what goes on in here is laughable. The anonymity that comes with posting on the Internet brings this out in people. You would never go up to your boss or a hot chick and say "hey, I just finished my latest roster mod but someone is using some of my created players and claiming credit." We would all look like dorks.

Take a step back and breathe.

I will now sit back and witness the onslaught.

HP

I know where you're coming from llcmac, because the same thing happened to me lasy year with someone taking my work, but it's kinda hard to blame someone because all the rosters are sort of the same. For example, if you look at a MLB Major League team you see a 40 man rosters, well of course people that you don't put on MLB will go to AAA. So like I said before, I know were you're coming from, but you really can't blame anyone.

Well that depends...taking the shell of someone's work and re-rating them yourself is one thing. Copying a few players with proper credit...ok, I guess, though courtesy dictates you should probably ask first. But to flat out copy a team of guys into your own set with no mention of the guys who developed them in the first place is bush league crap.

I contemplated doing TotalMinors this year after all, getting the urge the past week. I transferred a lot of my guys from TotalMinors 04 into one of Hypnoxx's last releases to use as a starting point (I trust anyone copying guys I developed for TotalMinors last year would also give due credit). I would be overwriting everyone and adding my own ratings for everyone, because that's just how I work...but if I leave ANY rating the same, then you know what...Hypnoxx and llcmac deserve the courtesy of recognition that their work is at least in some fashion still part of the set.

Few appreciate the time or effort. But I've pointed that out before and gotten ripped for it by those who think they're entitled. Such is life.

GH

I realize that what I am about to say will probably be unpopular. However, I am still going to say it.

First of all, these are ROSTERS - not some national secret. What good does it do if you horde your roster and don't let others use them? I mean, you are getting the benefit out of using them. Why not let others use them as well. As far as getting credit for making them, don't you have other, more important things to be proud of in your life? Your post is unnecessarily threatening and comes off bitter and cantankerous.

Second, what would the "next step" be? I am just curious. The people claiming your rosters have not made any money off of them have they? If they are not selling your work then the best you could do would be to get a preliminary injunction against their use. That would cost you around $1,000 in attorney and court costs. Then you would have to locate and serve process on the culprits. Then, if you get through all of that, you would have to spend time in court (i.e., days of from work, school or time with your honey). Worst of all, even if you were able to recover a judgment against someone who stole your copyrighted work, you would never be able to collect due to insolvency. Over 90% of all defendants in America are totally judgment-proff.

In the end, aren't you getting credit off of all the work EA has done to code and release the game? If anyone has a claim here it would be EA. If you were to code, publish and distribute your own game, then you would have a leg to stand on. Those costs are legally recoverable because they can be documented. The lesiure time you spend modding a video game developed and released by someone else would never give you standing to sue someone who is doing the same thing as you.

My purpose in writing this is not to slam anyone or throw anyone under the bus. Also, I understand that you might be ticked by someone who is sad enough to pass off your work as their own. But, I just want to point out that this is just not that serious. I lurk in here and watch you all get so upset and riled up over this video game. I play games to relax. We should all take a step back and realize what we are doing and saying. Most of what goes on in here is laughable. The anonymity that comes with posting on the Internet brings this out in people. You would never go up to your boss or a hot chick and say "hey, I just finished my latest roster mod but someone is using some of my created players and claiming credit." We would all look like dorks.

HP

Spoken like someone desperately seeking to be the center of attention ("oooh, where's the onslaught").

If you just don't get it, then so be it. No it's not a "national secret," it's not life and death, it's not, in the grand scheme of things that important. But when you work hard on something, anything, and someone rips it off and claims THEY did the work, one has EVERY right to be upset about that. That doesn't stop being true just because it has to do with a video game. Frankly, that assertion is simply asinine.

GH

dude, if you have ever created a roster before, you would know that it takes a lot of time and hard work, especially with the amount of players hypnoxxx and llmac have added to the game. And if someone takes all the time it took you to make it, just makes a few adjustments and claims it as their own, thats just not right. It would be like you writing an essay, then somebody steals it from you, copies it, posts it in a newspaper, and claims they wrote it.

HP

The fact that you are serious is, well, hilarious.

I tend to agree with Horsepower's statement above. I produce classic rosters and heavily encourage any and all to improve on those as a base if they care to. I would benefit from such activity as would others.

If someone blatantly attempts to take full credit for an entire roster set that is 90% someone else's work then there is at best an ethical issue there - but no more.

If someone improves on a single Team or a couple Teams and present those as improvements to someone else's Rosters I see absolutely nothing wrong with that and in fact such activity/initiative should be highly encouraged.

Just my thoughts on the general subject. I also compliment you on the way you approached this matter.

I have to agree with horsepower. I understand that a lot of work went into the rosters and I for one would never take anyone's work, especially since I have yet to find one that was as accurate as GeForce's. Oh and another thing, making threats isn't really what this board and game are about is it? The cure, if you don't like having your rosters stolen, don't release them and it won't happen.

AceMan

When the Fanatik and I made rosters we busted at least one guy for using our rosters.

oooh, and what kind of "time" is he looking at? You didn't patent the rosters, you're sharing them with the board, there is no ownership, only acknowledgement of your work, that's it. I am a paralegal, search Law+ownership in Google and see for yourself...

AceMan

Archived