Best MVP2004 mods

WargamerScott

Greetings,

What are the best mods for MVP 2004? I already downloaded the 2005 roster update. Any other good mods?

I heard Take-Two games are going to be the only officially licenced MLB baseball game company. How do Take2 games compare with the MVP series?

Another question:

I downloaded SwingingSoriano's 2005 roster update---but now how do I install it? Where do I extract the files to? The readme doesn't say.

The readme also mentions that the pitch velocity might be too fast do to this mod and that you can adjust your pitch speed slider to -10. How do I do that? Where is this slider?

Final question: in MVP 2004, certain pitchers have six possible pitches, but only 4 ever seem available using my controller. How do I get the last two to be available using my Saitek controller? Usually keys 5-6 are call up the bullpen and something else.

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

What do you do after it is installed into the MVP baseball file?

Good question. I haven't had a chance to actually try it. I did copy the .sav file into the MVP directory, but I haven't actually run the game yet...I've been too busy playing http://www.Laser Squad Nemesis.com! :D If I get a chance to boot-up the game today, I let you know if it worked.

• 1 month later...

Total Classics Roster

Classic Roster Portraits

both are well over 100mb however :hmph: so downloading with a 56k would take a long time. maybe to help the downloads to finish you could use a program called Getright :wtg:

• 2 months later...

Where are .mbe files????

That is the file that contains the roster update that you downloaded. You would simply open this using MVPedit and then export the rosters into the game. Again, this is only if the roster update is in the form of this single file.

If the update contains multiple files, you will need to extract the files into your 'Database' folder.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived