Roger Maris Cyberface

Padres67

The problem with the lower half of the face is that I had to blend two images of Maris because the mofo never closed his friggin mouth. He must have been proud of those crooked teeth because I only found one usuable image with his mouth closed.

I might crack that mouth open a bit and show those teeth alittle more. We'll see when I get home tonight.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Spoken like a true mercenary. I know you'll find it hard to believe, Peter, but somehow we will all go on without you.

Oh yeah, I really took a dig at you by saying the Maris face was screwed up, huh? You need thicker skin my man...

C

Sounds like some certain little excitable roster boy needs a thicker skin, not me, Capa. Study reading comprehension!

Fuzz, I applaud your sentiments even while contnuing to speak my mind. I can part company with Fuzz and that doesn't mean I disrespect the man. Capa isn't as mature as his young friend, though, it seems.

As for the "mercenary" comments:

I live in New York City. Here we value professional artists. We do not begrudge them the right to pay their rent and feed their cat. I don't know how you earn your living, Capa. Let's say you earn your living as a house painter. Now if I enjoyed painting houses for fun, I would do it for fun. If I saw you charging money for it, I would not call you a "mercenary," I would just realize that you were a pro at something I was a fan at. End of that sorry discussion. I sincerely hope you can understand what I've just written and not twist it into some sort of insult, Capa.

While I applaud and encourage other people to try to do Maris, it is painfully obvious from the results so far that he is not an easy face to do. I hope one of you can get it eventually. You'll also find it hard to match his face color, he had a greenish-yellow skin tone.

And Capa, what's with the "we'll somehow get on without you" garbage? How the hell was that called for?

You know, I shouldn't have to defend myself against you or anyone, Capa. I've done faces here for money, and I've done some for free. I've donated to the site on months when I was using it heavily and when I had some cash to spend. I haven't been a freeloader.

Your comments are uncalled for and I would like an apology if you want me to consider you a man. Before you do the right thing and admit you were wrong, I will apologize first for any misunderstanding. I never intended to disrespect you in this forum. That should be obvious from just re-reading what I wrote, but I know you're angry at me for being busy in my career, Capa, and that you're reading things in that I never said.

This week, I've done a new poster that's going in a new rock'n'roll poster book to be published by Dark Horse, one of the better comics publishers. There's a rumor they'll also include a magazine cover I did back in 2001 when Joey Ramone died, it's one of my more popular pieces. And guess what, Capa? I agreed to let them have the artwork FOR FREE! They're gonna pay me to do the music video for the project next year though, because that requires alot more TIME to do, much like cyberface creation. If you do not see my point yet, you must not have to pay bills in your life.

P.S. I have a fairly large collection of old-timer faces I've amassed doing all this work that Capa crapas on. If anyone else would like to do old-timer faces, send me a list and I may be able to give you a headstart with some old pix from my collection. I also have a book called the Face of Baseball, and I would scan any shot from there for anyone looking to make faces. And guess what...? I'd do it FOR FREE! I'm so bad at being a mercenary.

Here is my final attempt for the night. I decided to go with the mouth open look. In extreme close ups it looks silly, otherwise it's ok.

marisbat.jpg

marisfield.JPG

i recommend u use a pic of Barry Pepper, the actor who played Maris in the *61 movie.

Does this mean that in the final phase of total classics that is to be released soon we will not have your faces of classic players to use-if so that will be a shame.

But you don't like my faces I thought.

Anyway, one can use my faces with whatever roster one wants to, so you can just install whichever ones you like and leave Maris and others you don't like out. I simply don't have time to work on Fuzz's schedule and it makes more sense to let them move on while I'm busy, even if it means I get snarked at publicly by people who don't appreciate my situation.

I would LOVE to do more faces, and the faces I want to do are mainly old-timers or fantasy faces. Right now I can't even get the game to run on my pc, I'm still changing interior parts of my computer one at a time as I can afford it. There are a lot of half-finished faces that were more promising than the Maris one was. Mostly 70s and 80s era players because those are the ones I have the best pix of. I have no idea when/if I can get back to this, so I'd rather say to people not to expect anything more from me. This way if I actually get something done, it'll be a nice (hopefully) surprise. i don't think the attitude that I owe people something is fair or valid. I owe work to my employers and myself.

Boy Peter, there are alot of "I"'s and "me"s in your posts, aren't there? You have a real healthy ego, don't you? I do understand that you are the best thing in the art world since Andrew Wyeth, I really do. And I also know it is hard to believe that people are not throwing themselves at your feet and sending thousands of dollars to you for your efforts. Personally, I think your work is mediocre at best, and some just downright brutal. I also think you are a pompous idiot, and it should tell you something that more than one person on this forum has had issues with you. Please go away...please.

Moderators - might as well lock this up...it's going to get alot uglier.

Wow, thanks Paul, and don't worry about it, 112155. Hardcore, you COULD take the "high road" and butt out of other people's fights, no? Ha.

Or YOU could not get involved in fights in the first place.

Simply making a point.

Capa, If it gets uglier, it will be you doing it. It's so nice of you to predict "future-crime" for the moderators.

Capa has gotten so totally nasty because I wanted to work solo and not slow up their project. By his anger, he reveals how highly he really did value my cyberface work. If he thought it was bad, he wouldn't be angry at me for leaving the team.

So now he's forcing us to watch the disintegration of his personality, brought on by an artist he's never met that he's clearly insanely jealous of.

I don't care if people here have had a problem with me. People here have had a problem with Fuzz too. Should we ask him to leave? What about Fuzz's enemies? He's had a problem with them, should they be asked to leave? You have a problem with me now and are annoying alot of people with these posts. Should you be asked to leave?

Look, you're obviously writing in anger because you're not making sense. Just calm down. Nothing Ive done should seem so threatening to you. I don't hate you, I don't even care about you. Why do you seem to obsess over me so much? Get a girlfriend or a boyfriend or whatever is your taste. Get a cat and obsess over the cat. Find something good to fill your life up with so you don't go around writing silly things about how an artist you SUPPOSEDLY think is untalented won't do free work for you anymore.

This isn't your proudest moment. You have every right to be ashamed.

Or YOU could not get involved in fights in the first place.

Simply making a point.

Capa started ths one, and he's been really wacked toward me. You allow him to write that he thinks I'm untalented but then why is he angry at me for leaving the TC team? He's embarrassing himself, I'm merely "making points" calmly, as you are.

Actually 11215 started it but he didn't mean to. It was Capa that fanned the flames to try to turn this thread into an anti-Peter Bernard thread. If that is okay with you, let's ALL start threads bashing people we don't like. I'll start an anti-Hillary Clinton thread, since she censored GTA, haha.

I've been watching this thread quite closely, and no matter who starts a dispute, sometimes it can help to just make your points, then, if it looks like it'll continue, back out of it and don't get involved.

If he feels that he is embarrassing himself, that's his problem, no-one else's.

I don't mean to pick you out especially in this, Peter, I'm making these points to everyone in the thread.

Apparently; I know I thought while I had you modders sniping at each other I would ask the question. Have you guys ever met face to face? Any of you modders on the total classics. Have any of you guys seen each other or do you live all over the U.S.?Because I often wonder if the computer gives us the same anonymous feeling that causes us to get road rage and do things to perfect strangers that we wouldnt do or say to people we actually got to know-Just a thought.

Mark8-- OK thanks for clarifying. I think I see your point. I hope Capa stops attacking me but if he doesn't, I'll just try my best to ignore him. It's hard to ignore slander and libel though.

112155 -- Fuzz lives in NY somewhere, near me. But we're like 20 years different in age so I'm not sure what context we could meet in. Maybe everyone should go see a Staten Island Yankees game and sing, "Kumbaya."

I have found out this job extends till next Wednesday now, so I'm still busy for a few more days. I'd love to put out my own roster/face set this summer. Rosters are so easy and fun to do, I've created so many, I should share some.

Archived