Total Classics Phase 3 Release Thread

AlexTony

Very impressive. The audio, portraits, faces, stadiums, WOW.

The team alignment is controlled in org.dat. I did a test with the Cards and Tigers slots.

Cards: 64 Cards, 82 Brew Crew, 96 Yanks, 77 Royals

Tigers: 76 Tigers, 57 Braves, 05 Giants, 12 Giants

Swapped the numbers on the MLB and AAA slots ( columns 2 & 3 ) and everything worked correctly. Left AA & A alone for reference point. Did not touch the unique_team or org_team at the far left, just the columns for org_team_mlb and org_team_aaa.

Cards: 76 Tigers, 57 Braves, 96 Yanks, 77 Royals

Tigers: 64 Cards, 82 Brew Crew, 05 Giants, 12 Giants

All the audio, uniforms, logos, rosters, etc lined up.

The only tricky part is that the team ids in team.dat are hex and they're decimal in org.dat. There are no changes to make in team.dat, but it's the easiest place to find the correct team id number to use in org.dat.

I used the Windows Scientific calculator to convert the numbers.

You should be able to align the teams any way you want. A franchise alignment would certainly help the All Timers project. The older teams are well represented through the years and should contain most if not all the players that would be on an all-time team and some have enough to make a AAA or even AA all-time team.

I do like the era idea too though. And there's even the possibility of aligning within specific league and division for dynasty/owner mode if you know which minor league team slots are in which league/division. For example, put all the 1978 teams in the AL West or the early 1900s teams in the California League.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

don't know if this has already been mentioned but in IGENG.LOC 1964 Houston Colt 45s are still called Syracuse SkyChiefs

and on uniform select screen they are named "Colts 45s" rather than "Colt 45s"

Hory - Thanks. I've passed this along to Fuzz, who does the .LOC work for Total Classics. We'll fix this in TC4.

I second what capa stated. Also, I have noticed typically with the two side positions on the pitch selection wheel that they will be reversed with some pitchers, from the pitch that is actually thrown. I dont have this problem with the regular MVP game, but I did have it with Total Classics 2 as well.

Regarding the stadiums. Are the updated ones in TC3, the same exact ones that have been available separately for download in their latest incarnations?

I remember some of the individual classic stadiums available for download didnt have updated ad signs, etc. but had been brightened up. For TC3 were these stadiums updated with the classic ad signs, etc? (Sorry, I dont remember which ones they were)

I was wondering the same thing about stadiums.

I had downloaded several and placed them in A -- AAA

slots.

Have my downloaded stadiums been replaced by TC3??

These are the stadiums that I had installed prior:

aaa1nite = Ebbets

aaa2nite = Braves Field #1

aaa3nite = Braves Field #2

aa01nite = Baltimore Memorial

aa02nite = Waterfront

aa03nite(day) = Classic Yankee (this is new I know)

a001nite = Cleveland Municipal

a002day = LA Coliseum

a003day = Milwaukee County Stadium

Did I miss something in the readme??

From the TC3 Readme:

Q. What New Stadiums Are Included?

A. Ebbets Field by Rolie & Paul W. Can be found in your AAA Stadium One Slot and Memorial Stadium can be found in your AA Stadium One Slot.

The Other Stadiums that were drastically polished up by their original authors are Tiger Stadium, Sportman's Park, Cleveland Municipal, Classic Yankees Stadium and The Polo Grounds.

Based upon this, none of your stadiums other than aaa1nite and aa01nite will be affected.

Back to the stadium thing.

I just played a game in shibe last night and I swear it was not the updated version I had loaded prior to tc3. I downloaded an updated versio that added details and took away the faded grey/brown look of the original.

The one I played on last night was the older version. Could it be that some

of the standard stadiums were changed? I mean the non AAA, AA, A versions but the named stadiums that came with the game.

Back to the stadium thing.

I just played a game in shibe last night and I swear it was not the updated version I had loaded prior to tc3. I downloaded an updated versio that added details and took away the faded grey/brown look of the original.

The one I played on last night was the older version. Could it be that some

of the standard stadiums were changed? I mean the non AAA, AA, A versions but the named stadiums that came with the game.

From the TC3 readme:

Q. What New Stadiums Are Included?

A. Ebbets Field by Rolie & Paul W. Can be found in your AAA Stadium One Slot and Memorial Stadium can be found in your AA Stadium One Slot.

The Other Stadiums that were drastically polished up by their original authors are Tiger Stadium, Sportman's Park, Cleveland Municipal, Classic Yankees Stadium and The Polo Grounds.

As you can see, Shibe was not touched by TC3. If you're still skeptical, go to the folder where you extracted the TC3 Installer and look in the lib stadiums folder. You will see the following files:

aa01nite.big (Baltimore Memorial)

aaa1nite.big (Ebbets Field)

cleveday.big (Cleveland Memorial)

poloday.big (Polo Grounds)

spotday.big (Sportsman's Park)

tigrnite.big (Tiger Stadium)

yankday.big (Classic Yankee Stadium)

There is no shibday.big file (Shibe) there to install, so whatever happened, TC3 did not overwrite Shibe on you.

I did. It was great! but how come they arent any vintage stadiums?

As you can see in the readme above, Ebbets Field and Memorial Stadium were added. We could only add what was available. What other vintage stadiums did you have in mind?

thanks.

btw, I played it and it is just amazing! GREAT WORK GUYS! I didnt expect as much work done!

And we're not done yet! Work has already started on TC4 (no rest for the weary.... :lol:). We're adding more portraits (over 200 so far), expanding the 22-man rosters to 25 players, tweaking player attributes, adding more uniforms, audios, etc., and probably a surprise or two that I don't know about yet.

Just so we don't get a flurry of "When will this be ready?" messages, I'll state upfront (in nice bold letters) that we don't have an ETA on this yet, but it won't be as long as the 4 month gap between the TC2 and TC3 releases.

Will the 1986 Astros show up at any point in the Total Classics future?

I'm really looking forward to playing this...I'm waiting on a new hard drive to arrive, and I'm going to install a second copy of the game just for TC.

--Eric

I wouldn't count on it. All 120 team slots are already filled.

Thanks Astro Eric

The 1980 Stro's are in there. It is just impossible to get all the teams

requested. No ryhme or reason on order or which ones. Just who did

submit which teams, some tweaking and the teams were put on the roster file. After the 6-7 month period the team slots were filled

By the way, I like the 'Great Gazoo' pic!

I think the one thing I could see adding to this project in the future would be a total stadium package, that will replace parks like Citizens Bank with Day and Night versions of the Vet (or Shibe), or Comerica with Tiger Stadium. I think that would go a long way to making everything seem much more accurate. Parks like the Vet could stand in for Riverfront or Three Rivers for the time being until they're created, or Tiger Stadium for Comiskey Park.

Just a thought, and it wouldn't all that difficult. Would be nice to get rid of the all the inaccurate parks.

I think the one thing I could see adding to this project in the future would be a total stadium package, that will replace parks like Citizens Bank with Day and Night versions of the Vet (or Shibe), or Comerica with Tiger Stadium. I think that would go a long way to making everything seem much more accurate. Parks like the Vet could stand in for Riverfront or Three Rivers for the time being until they're created, or Tiger Stadium for Comiskey Park.

Just a thought, and it wouldn't all that difficult. Would be nice to get rid of the all the inaccurate parks.

Sean - That would be great if it could be done. It's just a matter of having enough stadiums to package up.

I guess I could use MVPEdit to swap out a team in classics. Would it be feasible to make mods of TC, a mod itself of MVP? That'd be a mod-squared.

If I made a package available for downloading of the 86 Astros, or others, would you guys mind if I suggested they be used as alternate teams in TC?

--Eric

I guess I could use MVPEdit to swap out a team in classics. Would it be feasible to make mods of TC, a mod itself of MVP? That'd be a mod-squared.

If I made a package available for downloading of the 86 Astros, or others, would you guys mind if I suggested they be used as alternate teams in TC?

--Eric

Are you asking the TC team to overwrite existing teams with the new team (or teams) that you plan to create and then release different versions of TC? If so, that would be a lot of work, because you'd have to update portraits, logos, uniforms, .LOC files (for the team name to show up), each time you wanted a new team updated. It would involve multiple people, because no one person does all of this work on TC right now.

The "return on investment" to do this doesn't seem that high. Plus if we do it for one person, we'd have to do it for everyone who makes this type of request. The TC team members will be doing nothing but continually updating the mod. We want to be able to actually sit back and play the game once in a while ourselves! :lol:

If you want to create team packages that others can download and import themselves, then I have no problem with that. Just remember that the portraits, uniforms, logos and team names won't match unless you include those pieces in your package and give detailed instructions on how to add those to the game.

Archived