Total Classics Phase 3 Release Thread

AlexTony

well portraits,audio,uniforms are a big part of what total classics is all about. if you make the 86 astro rosters for swapping in -- would u have portraits,audio included?

i think if u create the 86 astros -- it should be for ur own personal use. not for uploading.

i'd see what alextony / jim / stecropper have to say about that.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

AstroEric,

I think what you are asking is something that the entire Total Classics Team would not only "WELCOME" but strongly "ENCOURAGE". Basically this is why we initially began FuzZ's Total Classics Team. Our main desire was to encourage others to contribute to this overall effort for the benefit of all of us.

As Jim825 stated "If you want to create team packages that others can download and import themselves, then I have no problem with that. Just remember that the portraits, uniforms, logos and team names won't match unless you include those pieces in your package and give detailed instructions on how to add those to the game."

In Such:

A Team package built by individuals that include the .met (roster), portraits, uniforms, logos and team names would be fantastic. In fact, the .met (roster) would be the most important part and probably the only required part if it replaces an exisitng TC Slot that is fairly close to the Team and Year you are creating.

Audio can be assigned from the existing TC files for individual players via the roster file with no real need for any additional Audio to be directly associated with any particular uploaded team package. Of course, the TC Team could eventually choose to add Audio if one is available and adds something to the individual team packages being uploaded. Now for Team Name such as Houston Astros then the appropriate exisiting slot in TC3 would have to be used.

Portraits can be added by individuals but also existing TC portraits can be assigned as well. It would be wise to create a standard of assigning numbers for adding TC portraits.

Logos certainly would be welcomed but not necessarily mandatory. Although at least the correct Year of that Team would be nice to have in the Logo.

Uniforms would probably be the least necessary part of a packaged uploaded for TC. Existing uniforms could be used but certainly new/additional uniforms would be very welcomed.

All in All - I think Team Classics is truly a TEAM of EVERONE for EVERYONE !

Don

New Orleans

If you want to create team packages that others can download and import themselves, then I have no problem with that. Just remember that the portraits, uniforms, logos and team names won't match unless you include those pieces in your package and give detailed instructions on how to add those to the game.

This is what I had in mind -- roster, portraits, faces as my abilities allowed, audio as it was available, uniforms. I've already planned to make it for myself, so I might as well run it by you guys when I'm done. I don't want to step on any toes, 'cause I admire and respect the amount of work that you guys have put into this.

But I really, really, really want to pitch a Mike Scott no-hitter against the Mets in MVP2005.

--Eric

"And we're not done yet! Work has already started on TC4 (no rest for the weary.... ). We're adding more portraits (over 200 so far), expanding the 22-man rosters to 25 players, tweaking player attributes, adding more uniforms, audios, etc., and probably a surprise or two that I don't know about yet."

Any plans for reorganization of the franchise structure or would that be to big of a task?

I probably will get the "do it yourself" lecture here, but I thought that it might be a priority at this point, seeing as all 120 team slots are now filled.

well portraits,audio,uniforms are a big part of what total classics is all about. if you make the 86 astro rosters for swapping in -- would u have portraits,audio included?

i think if u create the 86 astros -- it should be for ur own personal use. not for uploading.

i'd see what alextony / jim / stecropper have to say about that.

if he makes the 86 astros with portraits, audio, logos, and uniforms; he should definitely UPLOAD it. Let the people decide if it is worth anything.

the more people modding the better

I agree. It would be too easy to mess things up (and not be able to back them out unless you knew what files to back up).

it is not rocket science people, adding it to the game is easier than making the mod in the first place

if he makes the 86 astros with portraits, audio, logos, and uniforms; he should definitely UPLOAD it. Let the people decide if it is worth anything.

the more people modding the better

it is not rocket science people, adding it to the game is easier than making the mod in the first place

You're correct, it's not rocket science, however, it's also not a 1-step process either. Rosters and portraits have to be updated with MVPEdit. Uniforms have to be edited with Fuzz' uniform editor. I'm not exactly sure how logos are updated. If you have all the tools and know what you're doing it's not hard, especially if you've done this multiple times. All I was saying is that the more things you have to do, the higher the risk of something going wrong. Plus, if it's something you haven't done before, the risk goes up even more.

I'm not trying to discourage anyone from adding onto TC. I'm just saying that it's not a trivial task and that if problems occur, the TC team shouldn't be expected to provide support. To expect that would be like someone going to EA and asking them why the game crashed when they downloaded and installed a new cyberface to the game. Any support would be the responsibility of the person who created the team package.

In addition, there would be no guarantees that any TC updates would not affect any uploaded packages. For example, we've been working on TC4 for close to two weeks now and I've already added about 250 new portraits. If someone were to upload a new team package tomorrow with portraits, I could not guarantee that there would not be any portrait ID conflicts between TC4 and the portraits used in that team package.

Is it possible to replace the All-Star teams?

I'm about to try it, but if it's confirmed to screw stuff up, then I won't bother.

Right now, I'm torn between making default-style portraits or TC-style portraits. And trying to determine who to get in touch with to use the 1980 Astros white w/shoulder rainbow uniforms.

...And having HR derbies between Maris and Ruth (the Babe kicks my *** everytime). My compliments on TC, gents, it's the proverbial ton of fun. Can't wait to peg 1986 Darrell Strawberry with a fastball up and in.

--Eric

Is it possible to replace the All-Star teams?

I'm about to try it, but if it's confirmed to screw stuff up, then I won't bother.

Right now, I'm torn between making default-style portraits or TC-style portraits. And trying to determine who to get in touch with to use the 1980 Astros white w/shoulder rainbow uniforms.

...And having HR derbies between Maris and Ruth (the Babe kicks my *** everytime). My compliments on TC, gents, it's the proverbial ton of fun. Can't wait to peg 1986 Darrell Strawberry with a fastball up and in.

--Eric

allstar teams use players already in the league, they will have the same portraits as they do on their other team

http://www.mvpmods.com/faq/index.php?actio...hlight=all-star

allstar teams use players already in the league, they will have the same portraits as they do on their other team

http://www.mvpmods.com/faq/index.php?actio...hlight=all-star

I don't know if that's necessarily the case with MVP2005. If you look at the TC rosters with MVPEdit, you will see Hank Blalock and Miguel Tejada on the AL All-Star team, however, they are not on any other team rosters in TC. I don't see why you couldn't import a .met file onto the AL or NL All-Star teams. MVPEdit does give you that option and I would expect that you would be able to then edit that roster like any other team.

I don't know if that's necessarily the case with MVP2005. If you look at the TC rosters with MVPEdit, you will see Hank Blalock and Miguel Tejada on the AL All-Star team, however, they are not on any other team rosters in TC. I don't see why you couldn't import a .met file onto the AL or NL All-Star teams. MVPEdit does give you that option and I would expect that you would be able to then edit that roster like any other team.

if they are not on a team the will show up in the FA list in the game

According to the FAQ:

OK so each player has a unique player ID (this is something you never see in MVPedit so do not get confused)

We need to find the unique player ID's for our 25 players For that task we will need to see the contents of attrib.dat

So...my thinking is that if I make the all-star teams in MVPEdit with all unique IDs that don't appear anywhere else...what happens then?

--Eric

if they are not on a team the will show up in the FA list in the game

They don't show up in the TC3 FA list. Open up the TC3 rosters and look for Hank Blalock, Carl Crawford or Francisco Cordero. They ONLY appear on the AL All-Star team roster, not in the FA list.

Just as a test, and a way to put an end to this debate, I then opened up the "stock" roster files (the ones that came with the game) with MVPEdit and exported the Tampa Bay Devil Rays team rosters. I then opened up my TC3 rosters with MVPEdit and imported the Devil Rays roster into the AL All-Star roster slot.

I saved the files, started up the game and started up an exhibition game. In the team selection screen, I selected the AL All-Stars vs. the '77 Yankees. In the pitcher selection screen, I saw all of the current Devil Rays pitchers listed (Hendrickson, Brazelton, Kazmir). In the team lineup screen, I saw the current Devil Rays players listed (Crawford, Baldelli, Huff, etc.). I selected the stadium and Carl Crawford opened up the game with a base hit. Rocco Baldelli came up to bat next, and I knew that my little experiment was a success, so I exited out.

So this should prove that you CAN import your own rosters to the All-Star teams. I win..... :lol:

I haven't tried it, but I expect that you could do the same for the Heroes and Legends teams as well.

They don't show up in the TC3 FA list. Open up the TC3 rosters and look for Hank Blalock, Carl Crawford or Francisco Cordero. They ONLY appear on the AL All-Star team roster, not in the FA list.

Just as a test, and a way to put an end to this debate, I then opened up the "stock" roster files (the ones that came with the game) with MVPEdit and exported the Tampa Bay Devil Rays team rosters. I then opened up my TC3 rosters with MVPEdit and imported the Devil Rays roster into the AL All-Star roster slot.

I saved the files, started up the game and started up an exhibition game. In the team selection screen, I selected the AL All-Stars vs. the '77 Yankees. In the pitcher selection screen, I saw all of the current Devil Rays pitchers listed (Hendrickson, Brazelton, Kazmir). In the team lineup screen, I saw the current Devil Rays players listed (Crawford, Baldelli, Huff, etc.). I selected the stadium and Carl Crawford opened up the game with a base hit. Rocco Baldelli came up to bat next, and I knew that my little experiment was a success, so I exited out.

So this should prove that you CAN import your own rosters to the All-Star teams. I win..... :lol:

I haven't tried it, but I expect that you could do the same for the Heroes and Legends teams as well.

here is the all star team

allstar8sx.jpg

notice the cls-1 in the corner

now lets go look at the FA list

list19uz.jpg

notice the team 1970 Reds

also notice some of the player that are free agents

Pujols

Helten

Rolen

Rodriguez

here are some more screen shots of the FA list

list28we.jpg

list33ls.jpg

list42vx.jpg

ok now here is the FA list the MVPedit shows for TC3

edit12bd.jpg

edit29qa.jpg

edit38lz.jpg

So this should prove that you CAN NOT import your own rosters to the All-Star teams. I win..... :lol:

OWNED

they get signed by teams in the offseason and screw up the rosters

do none of you play a Dynasty with TC3?

Nope. All I play is Exhibition games. Perhaps that's why it would work for me (and others who play Exhibition-only games) with no adverse effects.

If all you want to do is play Exhibition games, like I do,, then what I demonstrated will work with no problems. If, however, you play Dynasty mode, like you do, then problems will occur.

The way that Eric plays the game will determine whether he can overwrite the All Star team.

Did anyone figure out the issue of breaking pitches not breaking the correct way in TC? The trajectory is what I am talking about. The pitches break backwards from the way they are supposed to. I dont have this issue in my MVP install, just the TC one. It is not a controller issue.

I went into the player edit mode within the game, to look at what it showed for the break on pitches for specific Pitchers that had been backwards when I pitched with them. It was actually already correct in its listing for trajectory without doing anything! When I went back into the game to use that Pitcher in a game, now the pitch trajectory was accurate. Go figure.

I am wondering if the player edit program that the TC authors are using might have a bug in it, when it comes to pitch trajectory. Because, the game might not seem to recognize the correct pitch trajectory until you enter the player edit mode within the game for that player and Save it.

Does this make any sense to anyone? I am sure others have noticed the issue too. Has anyone tried to address this and is there a workaround?

Thanks guys.

Hey, I was thinking that a Classic Stadium Select screen showing the correct stadium in its slot would be great to include in TC.

Hmmm, I am thinking the only stadium not having one now is Classic Yankee by PaulW in the AA3 slot. Is that correct? Ebbets has it as does Memorial. Are there any others?

I know the TC install places Classic Yankee in the regular Yankee slot, but I prefer to have both Yankee stadiums, so I place Classic Yankee in AA3 slot.

Thanks guys

Archived