TC3 - roster corrections

capa

I thought it would be a good idea to have on thread that deals with errors in the rosters only. Whether they are lineup errors or appearance errors.

Maybe we can keep all of the info here so we can update.

1) 1977 Dodgers - Glenn Burke should be Afro American (10 or 11)

2) 1970 Twins - Cesar Tovar should be darker skin tone (9 or 10)

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great idea Capa,

1) Larry Bradford '80 Braves has black portrait but white skin.

I will list each as I notice them regardless how minor they are.

One other thing we might want to address which shouldn't be too difficult would be to fill out all the 22 man rosters back to 25 since 2005 allows that now. With everyone's support of identifying minor to major type errors as well as providing their suggestions for improvement (even to the degree of better individual player attributes) will greatly aid in getting Total Classics to be the best it can be.

Thanks

Chris,

I noticed the '80 Astros "Stats" don't show up during an exhibition game (it shows all 0s) although they are visible during roster viewing as well as via MVPEdit ..... might be only my system but wanted to bring that to your attention ........ I tried it several times and for that team they just done show up ???

I will take ownership of correcting all the errors that will be posted here.

I'd like to publish a roster update based on these correction on a weekly basis or so. The truth is that it will take months for all the issues to be flushed out, so weekly or bi-weekly roster patches probably make sense.

I assume I can just zip up the .dat files after the corrections are made and post them here in the Download section? I don;t think we need to have everyone dl the entire TC3 package again to install roster only updates...

C

I assume I can just zip up the .dat files after the corrections are made and post them here in the Download section? I don;t think we need to have everyone dl the entire TC3 package again to install roster only updates...

That's true. They shouldn't have to re-download TC3 again. It is possible, however, that we'd need a new portrait file uploaded which contains portraits for the new players you add. I was already planning on posting the TC3 portrait.big file a few weeks after the TC3 release so that those who create their own rosters (all-time teams, specific eras, decades, etc.) can add portraits to their rosters. Since the portrait file is not tied to any specific roster, it makes sense to make it available by itself.

AlexTony is planning the same thing for his Play-by-Play audio files (since the same ID is used for portraits and audio).

- The 1980 Phillies players' stats do not show up at all.

- Johnny Callison on the '64 Phillies has Pat Burrell's face. Don't know if this was done intentionally just so there are less generic faces, but Pat Burrell was a poor choice.

- The 1964 Cardinals' uniforms had the names on the back, in the game, they do not.

More to come as I play...

Overall this a great mod, anytime you can convince your 55 year old dad to play video games you know you have a great mod.

One thing though, the 84 Tigers home jersey is incorrect. The jersey should not have the numbers on the front and the names should be on the back, actually the jersey should be exactly like the current Tigers home jersey.

When adding the uniforms to TC3, we noticed some strange behavior. For example, the '76 Tigers and the '84 Tigers are assigned the EXACT same uniforms.

When the '76 Tigers are wearing their home uniforms, their names appear on the back. When the '84 Tigers wear their home uniforms, the names DO NOT appear on the back. :shrug:

We spent many hours trying to figure this out and the only explanation we came up with is that the '76 Tigers overwrote a MLB team (the 2005 Tigers), while the '84 Tigers overwrote a minor league (AA) team.

On the other hand, there are some classic teams in minor league slots that DO display names on the back, so maybe that theory isn't absolutely true for every minor league team.

Trust me when I say that we did look into this issue (AlexTony can confirm this). We just could never come up with a solution. :wall:

- The 1980 Phillies players' stats do not show up at all.

- Johnny Callison on the '64 Phillies has Pat Burrell's face. Don't know if this was done intentionally just so there are less generic faces, but Pat Burrell was a poor choice.

- The 1964 Cardinals' uniforms had the names on the back, in the game, they do not.

More to come as I play...

Are stats for players supposed to show up if they are in a minor league slot (see SteCropper's post above)? I am not sure, to be honest.

Yes, I think Burrell was a conscious choice by the roster make for this team. I am going to leave it unless he requests it be changed with an alternate.

Uniforms are out of my league...anyone care to comment? My guess is because they overwrote a team template that does not have names on back?

C

im not sure if u guys remember this but back when we were stringing tc2 together, the batting mini-games andowner mode crashed mid season.

now if my memory serves me correctly -- it's because one of the 22 man teams was a 25 man team.

I PErSONALLY WOULD LIKE CORRECTIONS DONE, and THEN 22 man to 25 man team. I say this because i play owner mode and it would suck to have all these corrections only to have owner mode crash on me.

When adding the uniforms to TC3, we noticed some strange behavior. For example, the '76 Tigers and the '84 Tigers are assigned the EXACT same uniforms.

When the '76 Tigers are wearing their home uniforms, their names appear on the back. When the '84 Tigers wear their home uniforms, the names DO NOT appear on the back. :shrug:

We spent many hours trying to figure this out and the only explanation we came up with is that the '76 Tigers overwrote a MLB team (the 2005 Tigers), while the '84 Tigers overwrote a minor league (AA) team.

On the other hand, there are some classic teams in minor league slots that DO display names on the back, so maybe that theory isn't absolutely true for every minor league team.

Trust me when I say that we did look into this issue (AlexTony can confirm this). We just could never come up with a solution. :wall:

if u look in the models.big, you'll notice about 3 files that say a---.big, the --- are numbers. those control the minor league names on uniforms. Rolie solved this problem last year -- if u remember on some of his uniforms for total classics 2004.

That's true. They shouldn't have to re-download TC3 again. It is possible, however, that we'd need a new portrait file uploaded which contains portraits for the new players you add. I was already planning on posting the TC3 portrait.big file a few weeks after the TC3 release so that those who create their own rosters (all-time teams, specific eras, decades, etc.) can add portraits to their rosters. Since the portrait file is not tied to any specific roster, it makes sense to make it available by itself.

AlexTony is planning the same thing for his Play-by-Play audio files (since the same ID is used for portraits and audio).

sorry im responding to all this now, i think i just saw this thread for the first time.

Ok, it is very very important that a PATCH be released fully. Meaning Portraits.big and roster files need to stay in tact along with audio. Maybe some of u aren't aware -- but me and a boatload of other people play tc3 online, so basically if y4l or goku or cybernetic or someone downloads the roster patch, but uses a different portraits.big, the game will crash in about the third inning. If audio isn't the same -- game will crash. And if ur assigning any new cyberfaces, then the models.big needs to be included.

hmm just realized, if u add audio -- ur updating the audio files. if ur updating portraits, it's portrait.big and if ur updating cyberfaces then its the models.big and then there are the roster files.

basically that calls for another big file size.

now i know some of u guys are all about simming, but when playing online -- its much easier to ask someone if they have tc2,tc3, or tc3+ installed.

so please keep this in mind.

Yes, I think Burrell was a conscious choice by the roster make for this team. I am going to leave it unless he requests it be changed with an alternate.

C

2 of the most popular Phillies with the same face?! Seems kinda silly to me. :roll: Kinda like having Willie Mays and Barry Bonds using the same face.

Chris,

Johnny Callison has been changed on my rosters to face 68 skin tone 4 non 2005 face. Looks OK to me.

Don

Changed. My updates for 25 man rosters and the issues mentioned here have been sent to Jim and Tony for review and to add portraits, etc...

C

Archived