2006 Schedule - Friedman

Ditty / Music - possibly indie bands, currently on backburner

Cover / Graphics - KCcitystar

Graphics - Baseballheaddan

Graphics rossmac7

Cyberfaces- multiple

Sound - UncleMo

New Busch Stadium - Pirate and Sean O

Citizens Bank Park w/ new dimensions - Sean O and Pirate, or I'll just modify his 2005 version

PETCO Park w/ new dimensions - Sean O and Pirate, same deal

If you've signed up for anything else, just post and I'll update this first post.

Hey everyone-

Instead of having half a dozen threads spread around the site (including several in Left Field, oddly), here's a single thread where we can post any work or requests for modding MVP 2005 to MVP 2006. Note that this has nothing to do with the NCAA game that will not be released on PC, but deals with the community's effort to update MVP 2005 to be completely accurate for 2006.

I would love this thread to follow three main points:

1). What people are doing for 2006, whether its graphics, stadiums, schedule, rosters, etc.

2). What is currently known as possible to modify in MVP that you know of. For example, here is a list I posted about what is possible to modify for stadiums:

known edits:

1). All graphics

2). dimensions for all parks

3). grass designs / everything inside mfield0-2.fsh

4). scoreboards (to some extent, in some parks)

5). crowd location and size

6). Create-a-stadium park

7). Camera locations

8). hex-editing moving objects (I know Marlins.. something, can't remember his screen name managed to do something with this)

9). Other collision data, i.e. Tal's Hill / duffy's cliff. this is still to be determined, but I believe it to be possible

10). Lighting data

impossibilities:

1). The safeco roof

2). bullpen / base locations

---------------------------

The third part will be requests for 2006 of aspects we might have forgotten.

Without having to deal with a new version of MVP means that by March this game is going to look so wonderful that it should mask the disappointment of not getting a new game. High resolution uniforms and perfectly accurate stadiums right as the season starts will make the game feel surprisingly fresh.

Here's what I'm working on, in order of importance:

1). Helping Pirate with New Busch Stadium, which he's already ripped apart and started to rebuild.

2). Editing Citizens Bank Park's new dimensions once more information has been released.

3). Editing Petco Park's new dimensions if the Padres modify the park.

As a request, does anyone know if it's possible to expand the number of stadium slots? I would love to be able to add the classic stadiums that hyman, paul and I created to the game without replacing the minor league parks.

(Also, can this be stickied? Thanks)

Sean

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good idea,

Also let's list any organizational changes for the 06 season

ANA-AAA Salt Lake Stingers now called Salt Lake Bees

SF-AA Norwich Navigators now called Connecticut Defenders

Yes, I've already used LocLook to change those (plus a few other minor things)

We would still need someone to redo their uniforms and logos though

Yes, of course, altering loc files is not exactly difficult, we just need to compile a list of changes in minor league affiliations and names as they occur through the off-season.

Oops. I didn't read you entire post (I skipped the "Let's list" sentence.)

Also, I believe there was a 3rd team that change there name. When I get home from work. I'll check my notes!

Hey everyone-

8). hex-editing moving objects (I know Marlins.. something, can't remember his screen name managed to do something with this)

I think you're talking about me... :lol:

I have been able to create an .o file and add it into the miscmod.big file in the /misc folder. There is a file in each stadium file, ganim.csv that adds the miscmod .o files into the staduims... for example, the Mets' Big Apple is one of these. This ganim.csv has coordinates that make the objects move at certain events (the Apple goes up and down, Bernie goes down the slide). If you assign a bogus event, it will do nothing, but it appears in the stadium, essentially creating a few polygons to work with. The only problem is I've found that the .o files these objects are based on so far are only the ones that already are in the miscmod file. That is, everything has to be based on the blimp, or Bernie, or the apple, so its functionality at the moment is limited. Hopefully, there's another type of .o file, maybe even from another EA game, that is more complex that is combatible with this format and would open things up more. I have a feeling everything has to be textured to a single image. Maybe this is the problem.

I would love this thread to follow three main points:

1). What people are doing for 2006, whether its graphics, stadiums, schedule, rosters, etc.

I wonder if anyone else is doing rosters. I am already doing rosters for 2006, including the adjusted attributes, adjusted birthdates for correct age, etc. I will have a version of my roster for MVP2004 (I am using 2004's MVPedit right night) and a converted version for MVP2005. I am sure I will be able to finish everything by the start of Spring Training. All I will have to do after I convert the .mbe into a 2005 version is to create positions/lineups/rotations for the single A teams, put in updated cyberface numbers, and move each birthdate up a year.

BTW, birthdates are made to coincide with the EA schedules. (2 years back for MVP2004, 1 year back for MVP2005). If anyone is able to make a 2006 schedule which actually changes the game's year to 2006, I will glady make a version with exact birthdates. (Birthdates are moved back to make players their correct age when you view their attributes.)

My roster is not a total minors roster, it will only include all Major League players, minor leaguers from 40 man rosters, and ST invites. Of course, when the file finally comes out in mid-February I would be more than happy if someone would love to devote the time to make a total minors version.

I was able to release an accurate and re-attributed 2005 schedule for MVP2004 earlier this year, I will make 2006's rosters for next year! I hope I will be able to satisfy as many people with my upcoming roster as I did with my originals. (Despite many glitches early on, I got tons of PMs of praise.) I am putting a lot of 'work' (more like 'fun' to me in the form of watching hours of video available on MLB.com) into getting the right batting stances, equipment (color of bat, glove, amount of wristbands, one or two hands on the follow through etc.), windups, weights and heights, pitches and their movements, and everything right so my roster can be as accurate as possible. Even career stats are going to be updated!

I can't wait to help give BOTH games another year of life!

Special Thanks to Thug4Life for giving me some help with the portrait #s!

- Mine aren't started over, they contain changes and other stuff I had done throughout the season. The original file is a MVP2004 file so the conversion will be time consuming. That'll probably take place in mid-January. I will have 2006 "beta" roster for MVP2004 by mid-January. I am getting things done at a better pace this year compared to last simply because... I am no longer a n00b and I know what I am doing! Plus, I learned from all the mistakes of last year's (like curveballs breaking the wrong way) to try to make this roster as close to real life as possible.

- It would be plagarizing, stealing, whatever word you feel like using if you take someone else's file without permission. Personally, I would not care much if someone took my files and improved upon them, I don't make money off them anyway. Of course I would prefer permission but whatever is best for the community is best for me. I do not know if the maker of the Ultimate Rosters is giving people permission to make changes on his work.

- Still, I wonder if anyone else is doing a 2006 roster. It is better to colloborate than to have many inferior rosters come out. (Like last year's off-season rosters which did not pay close attention to 'minor' transactions.) I bet most people here forget that I actually made a mod! (And awful cyberfaces for MVP 2004) Especially due to the fact I mostly post at the MLB forum which has been DEAD lately. It's the off-season guys, we have to be all excited about the made up rumors!

- Still, I wonder if anyone else is doing a 2006 roster. It is better to colloborate than to have many inferior rosters come out. (Like last year's off-season rosters which did not pay close attention to 'minor' transactions.) I bet most people here forget that I actually made a mod! (And awful cyberfaces for MVP 2004) Especially due to the fact I mostly post at the MLB forum which has been DEAD lately. It's the off-season guys, we have to be all excited about the made up rumors!

I would make a new thread about this and if it gets a lot of traffic, I'll sticky it for you because the rosters for 2006 are a very important part of next year's game, without a doubt.

The winter meetings next month and the free agent signings will keep you busy.

Suggestion taken!

Anyway, who is going to be the "Cover Player" for our 2006 game? Who will we want to put on our start screens, loading screens, and whatnot? As a joke I made myself a bunch of Soriano related ones already, but for everyone else out there who doesn't give a rat's *** about Soriano, who should we use?

Mark Buehrle?

Vlad Guerrero?

Lance Berkman?

Dontrelle Willis?

Anyone that all of us can agree on and put on our 'cover'?

Just for shits and giggles, here are all the previous cover-players for MVP:

2003: Miguel Tejada and Randy Johnson

2004: Albert Pujols

2005: Manny Ramirez

I don't remember the Triple Play series, so I have no idea who was on those boxes.

SS-

That's a really good point, actually. I'd love to update all the in-game backgrounds to give it a new feel.

I think it should be someone in the NL because last year it was Manny, and preferably a pitcher. What about Clemens, since this may have been his last year and he was easily the best pitcher in the league?

If not Clemens, I vote for D. Lee or Andruw Jones, though I'd prefer Lee by a longshot.

I like Sean O's idea of a total '2006 theme' to give the game a "new" feel. Roger Clemens is also a good idea for a cover-player as Sean O mentoined. Clemens has never been on a game cover since... "Roger Clemens' MVP Baseball" (no relation) back in the early 90s. I'm not a Clemens guy but that's a good idea. A Clemens theme can also include many pictures of the 'old and new'. Clemens with the Sox, Clemens with the Jays, Clemens with the Yanks... It can be pretty all encompassing. Lets see some more 'nominations' then possible we can have a vote!

I like Sean O's idea of a total '2006 theme' to give the game a "new" feel. Roger Clemens is also a good idea for a cover-player as Sean O mentoined. Clemens has never been on a game cover since... "Roger Clemens' MVP Baseball" (no relation) back in the early 90s. I'm not a Clemens guy but that's a good idea. A Clemens theme can also include many pictures of the 'old and new'. Clemens with the Sox, Clemens with the Jays, Clemens with the Yanks... It can be pretty all encompassing. Lets see some more 'nominations' then possible we can have a vote!

Can't argue with that logic.

How about Alex Rodriguez? You can find plenty pictures of him as a Mariner, a Ranger and a Yankee.

I don't think someone like Barry Bonds would go over well and I'd never vote for that guy anyway.

So would this vote consist of players who have had some considerable time in the Major Leagues?

Archived