The Official MVP MLB 2006 Thread

Sean O

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yo, I can have all of those mvp 2004 faces and portraits to be imported into the game as an entire replacement package. By march, it will have been 2 years since they've been used.

Also, amrayne gave me some amazing ideas for Create A Player Options that will blow your mind.

I think the final decision should be down to this, personally:

1). Dontrelle Willis. NL pitcher, future of the game, and someone the site regulars here appreciate but who would have no chance of getting on the box in real life.

2). The Chicago White Sox. I'd be happy to see Buerhle, Garland, Conteras, El Duque, and Garcia on the cover, since they did so much to bring them the championship. Or, a celebration shot of their championship.

3). Roger Clemens. Even if he doesn't return, he's been the best pitcher consistantly for the past 20 years, and he ended with his second best season in 2005.

Or, if those three don't appeal to anyone, we could always do something mirroring the WBC, so have a DR, PR, japanese, US and canadian representative on the cover. I really don't care who it is on the cover as long as it's not Alex Rodriguez, since I really don't want that. I think it shouldn't be anyone from Boston or NY, or the Cardinals. That's my only request.

Um, there isn't even going to be a cover unless you guys are discussing the CTS screen?

We're just using it as a rallying point since we're trying to make our new version of MVP like a whole new package. Optimally, we change all the graphics, sounds, music, then include all of the modified stadiums (along with some of the classic stadiums that have been created since) and the new uniforms, then release it as one bigass file. This will just be our own marketing system for the eventual release.

By the way, does anyone volunteer to make the MVP 06 graphic once we choose a cover guy? A logo will just make the whole thing feel more real, especially since several of the projects are underway.

Yo, I can have all of those mvp 2004 faces and portraits to be imported into the game as an entire replacement package. By march, it will have been 2 years since they've been used.

Possibly someone can create better and new generic cyberfaces.

how about we vote on it sometime next month, and open a thread for nominations until then.

I think that's a good idea. But that should be up to the moderators if there should be a serparate thread for nominations. Otherwise we will have a million topics. About the cover-player again:

- I think using more than one guy should be avoided. While it would be cool to show the White Sox "Big 4", are they likely to dominate again in 2006? Is more than one guy a little much? I always thought that RJ and Miggy being on the same cover was lame, but that's just me.

- As Sean-O said, the 'cover-player' will be a part of a whole theme, CTS screens, loading screens, just so we can release everything into one big-*** file. Like a real MVP game, but free! (If you already own 2005 ;) )

- Players like Konerko and Clemens are a good idea, willing Konerko resigns with the White Sox and if Clemens decides to pitch again.

- Willis would be a good cover-player just because he would look good on a box.

- We can have multiple votes on this when we collect all of our nominations. We will have all the nominations for the first poll, 10 of the greatest vote getters for the second, 5 of those for the third, and the top 2 for the final poll. Here are all the nominations that I remember:

Mark Buehrle

Dontrelle Willis

Roger Clemens

Lance Berkman

Derek Lee

Andruw Jones

Alex Rodriguez

Vladimir Guerrero

Paul Konerko

Jake Peavy

Chicago White Sox (as a team/rotation)

- When we decide who our coverplayer is, we can all then have a vote on the screenies that are submitted. (eg. BBHD's Dontrelle Willis CTS screen vs. Sean-O's Willis CTS screen.)

- This is very exciting, it's like making a whole new game, just without the costs of making a graphics engine!

"A logo will just make the whole thing feel more real"

True, true.

Rollie has a good point about all of that. Maybe they can download the theme but not the updated 2x faces for everything and high rez everything. People like Rollie can also update their sounds and what not.

Archived